1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ewing Sighting (funny)!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bobblehead, Oct 6, 2003.

1. land_sharks

land_sharks Member

Perhaps only A-Train could decipher the comedic genius that is dating or married to P.Ewing from the story above. I am at a loss as to the amount of hilarity in the comment "he's a midget".

2. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

I met ewing's dad, his name is George Patrick

3. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

Is that George of the Jungle?

4. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Now that's funny...

So was the change for a $20...

5. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Contributing Member

I don't think what the lady said about the midgit is funny. What I find funny is that she said it to Patricks face.

It's true.

6. Bobblehead

Also the lady was being sarcastic with the midgit comment about the fact Patrick was asked if here were a basketball player. Of course he's a basketball player. She was saying it to my co-workers mom , but loud and directed at Patrick!!!

7. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

It's funny because he's tall.

8. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

I was also stumpted by the midget comment...heh...and in general found the story less amusing than disapointing.

For various reasons I have spent a great deal of time around pro athletes, and I can tell you that they are often harangued without end, in the middle of dinner, late at night, etc. and sometimes have to say no, just to keep sane...but there are ways to go about it, and in this case it didn't seem to be the kind of 'yes' which would have caused a stampede, often the motivation for the first refusal...More to the point, if accurate, this was a classless way to go about saying no.

But what this has to do with what kind of coach Ewing will make escapes me. JVG himself can be a miserable cuss at times, as can many of the best coaches. You want to hear about rudeness, read stories about fans approaching Red Auerbach when he was off duty, and many consider him the best of all time. It ouwld be better if all of our coaches were classy to the fans certainly isn't a pre-requisite to coaching, nor even all that necessary.

9. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

"Mr. Olajuwon may I have an autograph?"

10. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

ewing is known for this kind of behavior- get used to it. you have to remember he had to deal with the NY media all the time. they are like vultures, ready to rip apart everything you say. coming to houston is like coming to a small one-horse town in comparison. maybe he'll loosen up over time, but don't count on it.

11. Bobblehead

Who really CARES if he loosens up at all. He's Patrick FREAKIN Ewing!! Like anyone really cares.

He's a Knick and always will be a Knick in my mind. Eventhough he's working for the ROCKETS. I will never feel like he's a TRUE ROCKET!

12. dischead

dischead Member

But he isnt a basketball player. When he was he was garbage.
    Why is this gorilla with the rockets??? This is bad.

13. thegary

so will you be rooting for ewing to fail as a coach?

14. Olajumus Prime

does your friends mother have a website? is she a milf? ....holler back

15. PhiSlammaJamma

Try to find a Ewing autograph on e-bay. They don't show up very often. He just doesn't sign for anyone. But maybe that's because they teach writing at G-town ;)

16. thegary

what's wrong with you?

17. Bobblehead

No my friends mom does not have a website. And I have never seen her to know if she is a MILF!

18. codell

codell Contributing Member

I tend to agree with you RM. Judging by Bobblehead's other post, it would seem he has a definite prejudice against Ewing.

Besides, my best friend's, uncle's girlfriend's former roomate, told this guy, who told ......................

19. Panda

Panda Member

I'll be glad to have Ewing tutor Yao and Griffin even if he ate that boy alive and pulled a Kobe on his mother. And that mother was a big a$$hole as well. Oops I said it. I'll go run and hide.

20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

:eek: Mr. Tyson, I should have known all along!