1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Durant to Warriors (Two years, $54.3M)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by batkins, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Ultimateian

Ultimateian Member

How do you measure ships? You don't, you get a whole bunch of people to believe you can win one.

What's amazing is not needing the belief.

2. Ultimateian

Ultimateian Member

Since there's so much negativity. I liked that Durant was a homebody. Complete solitude is amazing.

3. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

he can totally copycat king james. get a couple with the warriors just to get the monkey off the back and then go back to the thunder to get one of his own. look who's doubting james' legacy now? so everyone just chill.

4. Ultimateian

Ultimateian Member

Well when you spend so much time with a team that you loved, they're going to know certain things about you. Hope everyone stays friendly.

5. OTMax

OTMax Member

Come on seriously? THIS convinced him?? If someone tells you how many can you win without us, that's like telling you you are not good enough in your current situation. That's disrespectful. If that doesn't boil your blood and makes you even want to return more, I don't know what will. True colours are shown and Durant is not a leader.

6. Ultimateian

Ultimateian Member

Pure energy doesnt dance around fakeness.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The Clippers BLEW HIM AWAY . . . . . .. .
    What did the Warriors do . . .. . . .

Rocket River

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Warrierz probably BLEW HIM

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

[​IMG]

Curry, you tha real MVP.

10. Pbev99

Pbev99 Member

Once again, the difference is that those Miami team would never even sniff a title without James. The Warriors were one game from repeating as champions, they won 73 games and were the favorites next year even before Durant signed with them.

11. malakas

malakas Member

Miami that year had 26 wins less in RS than the Warriors.
    They lost in the first round ,Warriors were the defending champions who lost in a 7 games series in the final.
    And ppl think it's the same.:rolleyes:

12. Matthieu

Matthieu Member

so we know who will be #1 in WC for 4/5 yrs i think, what's the point to even try to be competitive now

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Dat tongue doe...

14. conquistador#11

i want to make .50 cents on the dollar. I say Warriors v Cleveland in the finals!
    Wooo. the intrigue. I can feel it.

15. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Let's say he doesn't opt out next season and Westbrook leaves or traded bf he's back. Then there's no coming back

16. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

WHOA!!! People are pissed off about this, even more so than the big contracts. :eek: "Players are damned, if they take exorbitant contracts, yet they are scum for wanting to sacrifice contracts to win a championships." They literally cannot win in this situation.

I did not think people took sports, so seriously. I'm more disappointed in fan reaction than I am any decision made by the players.

I do not understand what is so amazingly appalling about the concept of being a "free agent" being able to go to any city or team of your own choosing or volition without coercion -- An American virtue on the day of independence. "You have the right to choose without harming a single party, involved."

Not that any of that matters, since players are supposed to do whatever the owner/GM/fans feel that should do in the process. It's quite alright for teams to release, blackball, trade, low-ball, force players to take a paycut, or in some cases retire for whatever reason ... injuries, aging, personal scandals, distaste, younger players, or simply too much power for one team to handle.

People keep bring up Magic, Bird, MJ, Thomas, Kobe, and Duncan. Completely irrelevant. Magic and Bird were drafted by premier franchises in an era where FA movement was much more restricted.

MJ was drafted by fledgling, yet big market team where he often clashed with team's GM (Jerry Krause) to the point that he was essentially muted, when it came to advancing into team management and ownership, which was given to lesser former players. Same thing sort of happened in Washington.

Kobe (Arn Tellem), more or less, did not want to play for Charlotte or any lesser teams. The Lakers were essentially the only team they'd give serious consideration, too. The same Kobe who publically said "he wanted to be traded" over the radio, after his struggling Lakers could not get things, right.

The Spurs, more or less, tanked for Duncan and got lucky with the lottery picks.

Even the "holier than thou" Charles Barkley said of the 76ers management in the early 90s that, "...they are not putting enough good players around me to win." Either this happened because management was incompetent, cheap, or just didn't care enough about winning. Simply riding on the co-tails of fading stars and a younger talent, like Barkley.

I'm glad LeBron (Riley and the other Heat) members did what they did. If a GM or owner does it, he's a genius, unless he does in an uncapped league, then he's considered a greedy capitalist who is obsessed with winning. Yet, if a star player does the same thing, he is somehow more despicable.

I guess for everyone to be happy, we should let the Owners have all of the new money in the league, and have the owners and GMs decide the fate of all of the players.

17. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

What I find funny is? We live in a win-at-all cost, winner takes all society, yet we are made when people actually do it. Yet, on the flip side, they are people who think our society is becoming "increasingly" politically correct, because we give everyone trophies for just participating. While, everyone admires a "hard-worker," it does not make one successful or wealthy necessarily. In fact, it maybe the people who are most devious and conniving who get the furthest, ahead.

Again, it's ironic how most of posters said that they would be canceling their season pass subscriptions or stop watching NBA basketball, because of the amount of role players and borderline stars getting ridiculous contracts, yet are upset at how a superstar is "taking a paycut" to win championship.

Americans play to win at all times. I wouldn't give a hoot and hell for a man who lost and laughed. That's why Americans have never lost nor ever lose a war. George S. Patton
    Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/g/george_s_patton.html

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

1. I wonder why many fans identify with these guys:

[​IMG][​IMG]

as oppose to these guys:

[​IMG][​IMG]

Hmmmm...

I suspect it's the same reason why people watch The Apprentice and imagine themselves in Donald Trump's shoes.

2. A part of why this is happening now is the fact that the NBA owners bargained HARD for lowering the maximum length of contracts and for the maximum length of extensions. Under the old system, there used to be 6 or 7 year contracts, and it was bargained down in successive CBAs so now it's no more than 5 years for Bird Rights FA and 4 years for all other FA. The veteran extension also becomes virtually useless under the current (post 2011) CBA. There is rarely any incentive for a player to agree o an extension instead of just hitting free agency.

I get why teams bargain for this-- don't want to be weighed down by long term horrible contracts-- but then they have to take the bad with the good. Now there are a ton of free agents hitting the market every July and it's more of an opportunity for a mad scramble. I am guessing that there is also less of feeling of "team loyalty" when your teammates are constantly coming and going.

#858 Carl Herrera, Jul 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  19. malakas

malakas Member

You say players have the right to do what they want, and then come here to b**** about fans doing what they want. Highly oxymoron.

Maybe instead of looking up famous quotes you should work more on your reading comprehension skills because that is not at all what people are saying here.
    Or more likely you didn't read any post here and just came here to b**** about other posters.

20. rushdi

rushdi Member

This is just a lazy move by Durant. He can win 3-4 titles there and he's still going to be looked at as a hired gun. This is even worse than Lebron going to Miami because Wade wasn't in his prime like Curry and Thompson are. Westbrook will probably end up with the Lakers now.