1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Durant to Warriors (Two years, $54.3M)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by batkins, Jul 4, 2016.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Quote from Draymond Green to the <a href="https://twitter.com/TheUndefeated">@TheUndefeated</a> on new Warriors teammate Kevin Durant. <a href="https://t.co/LvbjwEpp57">pic.twitter.com/LvbjwEpp57</a></p>&mdash; Marc J. Spears (@MarcJSpearsESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarcJSpearsESPN/status/750013624018563072">July 4, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Just saw this and all I can say is, ****, are you kidding me? Talk about going to extremes to get a ring. I hope you fail in your quest, Oklahoma refugee. May you suck for two years, and I don't care why.

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

But how could you justify only giving some of the teams a cap increase? If we didn't see it the players would just have another lock out. Its a very tough situation honestly.

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Quote from Draymond Green to the <a href="https://twitter.com/TheUndefeated">@TheUndefeated</a> on new Warriors teammate Kevin Durant. <a href="https://t.co/LvbjwEpp57">pic.twitter.com/LvbjwEpp57</a></p>&mdash; Marc J. Spears (@MarcJSpearsESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarcJSpearsESPN/status/750013624018563072">July 4, 2016</a></blockquote>

5. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Lame. Pretty beta move to fail to win a title as a top three player in the league and remedy that by joining a 73-win team.

Sometimes these superteams are less powerful than they seem on paper. My guess is that this is NOT one of those times. They're going to win 70+ again.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Farewell to competitiveness. I hope the casual/bandwagon fans enjoy the next few years.

7. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

The new cap indeed allows a team to field a "big 4". Next CBA, it would likely allow for a true dream team. Lol

8. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

NBA can now skip the regular season and go straight to King James vs Warriors.

9. Dream lover

Dream lover Member

I don't think this will be as smooth as everyone thinks. The Warriors are already championship built, they needed interior bigs to round themselves back out. Guess what, Tristan Thompson will still kill them.

Secondly, one of these new big four will have to sacrifice their game, numbers and everything else. Durant has been used to being able to have a primary role in the offense, I don't think he's giving that up.

I think this is two things. First, getting away from Westbrook. OKC went up 3-1 on the Warriors because of the relentless attack that Westbrook gave them. You got to believe that if anyone is salty, it's him. He carried that team for almost two seasons because of Durant's foot issue's, and after one full season of being back, beating San Antonio, one game from defeating the Warriors and he bolts. During a game against San Antonio Durant was getting frustrated because he wasn't getting the ball enough when Westbrook was killing it. Durant wasn't hitting his shots, but got mad because he didn't get his. How long do you think he'll be willing to sacrifice his game, and make no mistake, he will have to sacrifice his game. Which brings me to point number two.

He took a one and one. This is a test run to see how it works out. He didn't commit long term for a reason. Money and the fact that he can go to a new team if it doesn't work out this next year. Just because they have that much talent doesn't guarantee anything. Lakers had Kobe and Shaq, the glove, Malone, and everyone kept saying the same thing we are saying about the Warriors now. They lost, so don't go sizing their rings just yet.

10. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

until durant learns to shoot 35% against gs in big games?

11. conquistador#11

we have to separate harden the person and harden the basketball player when we assume other players like harden. They might love to hangout with him at the club, but it's completely different wanting to play with him on the court.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It really is and it is NOTHING compared to Lebron.

Lebron was more like a KG situation. Where he had to question if he should be loyal to a team that was content with having him carry for the rest of his career so the owner can sit back and enjoy the fruits of his superstardom.

Lebron went to an okay team. Durant is joining a team that choked away a finals victory.

13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I agree...this is more along the lines of Hakeem joining the 97' or 96' bulls.

14. Garner

Garner Member

It's our only hope:

[​IMG]

15. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Next summer presents the challenge for GSW when Durant likely opts-out. With non-bird rights GSW will need to carve out $35m in room.</p>&mdash; Bobby Marks (@BobbyMarks42) <a href="https://twitter.com/BobbyMarks42/status/749999326483607552">July 4, 2016</a></blockquote>

16. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Meh I don't blame him, it's obvious to me that Durant is no Lebron, or Bird, or Kobe etc.

He seemed like a person that's pretty good but never wanted to lead, that's fine imo.

17. PhiSlammaJamma

We'll, they should make the finals. They are a powerhouse. However, they have shown weakness and Kevin Durant has shown the exact same weakness that Curry has. So there's a chance. C'mon LeBron, stop this nonsense.

I don't really care that he did it. It's been done before. The Rockets did it. But I'm not rooting for this to work. I want it to fail.

18. Eric00009

Eric00009 Member

The league is watered down its not worth watching the NBA anymore

19. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

This is the equivalent of if the US and China decided to partner up and raise prices on everything and start annihilating smaller countries and stealing all of their natural resources

20. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

yes. lebron needs to go to ny with drose n dwade n melo n proigazis lol.

my take the nba is finna be like the mlb. if by star break u aint traded all ur players for draft picks if u aint got 3 stars u a dumb gm. my only hope is u gonna see a trafing frenzy now to construct like five Super teams