1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mo Taylor injured

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Faos, Oct 4, 2003.

1. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Unless Mo Taylor turned into Mutumbo that link is whack...who cares what the knicks are doing?

2. houstoncart

houstoncart Member

Fox just reported, Mo will only be out about 3 weeks.

3. Loco Gringo

Loco Gringo Member

Taylor does not have any fractures but will be out indefinitely. He underwent additional tests Saturday, which were inconclusive, had an MRI and was scheduled to have more tests Sunday.

If damage is found in cartilage or muscles, the 26-year-old Taylor likely will miss several weeks -- if surgery is required, much longer.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1631054

4. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=1725486

Dime Magazine Oct. 6, 2003 9:09 a.m.

Maurice Taylor dislocated his shoulder in practice the other day and is now out indefinitely. This guy's like clockwork. This is the third straight year that Mo has gone down in the preseason. Usually, what happens next is that Taylor immediately tacks on about 30 pounds and when he's finally able to play, he's too out of shape to do anything and his season is lost ...

Nah, they're not smackin' our MoT!

5. Sloth

Sloth Contributing Member

no one worry, if you go to www.rockets.com, it tells you everything you need to know. the additional tests on sunday reported that there was no structural damage and no surgery is required. They say he will be out for 3-4 weeks and will miss most of preseason but should be back in time for season. It also said that he was down to 254 pounds and he was in the shape of his life. He said that he was able to move around really well just like he did 2 years ago. Great news there. If he is 100% by season, then this really isn't a horrible thing. This will give other players valuable minutes.

6. droxford

droxford Member

"Hi everybody! I'm Mo Taylor! Hey - was that a breeze I just felt? Agh! Now I have an injury!"

He and Brent Price need to join the "I'm made of glass" club.

-- droxford

7. RCKTBachar

RCKTBachar Member

What a surprise no structural damage....
    He probably cant swing training camp with JVG so he decided to fake an injury.
    Looks like Tarzan plays like Jane.......

8. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=fanball-rocketstaylormightne&prov=fanball&type=lgns

Rockets: Taylor might need season-ending surgery

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com
    Tuesday, October 7, 2003

News
    According to ESPN.com, Maurice Taylor may need season-ending surgery on his dislocated shoulder. Head coach Jeff Van Gundy expected Taylor, who was reportedly in great shape, to challenge third-year forward Eddie Griffin for the starting power forward role. With Taylor out at least a month, it's all about Griffin at the four.

Views
    Griffin once again has a great opportunity to step up and become a stud. Can he take advantage, or will be continue mailing in his career? Regardless, he's a sexy sleeper because if he puts it together, his blocks and rebounds could be huge. Plus, he hits threes.

I looked on ESPN but I couldn't find the article. I thought his rehab was going well...

9. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Yikes.

I just saw this report also, and I also cannot find anything on ESPN.com

10. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

"According to ESPN.com, Maurice Taylor may need season-ending surgery on his dislocated shoulder."

We've already heard the news on Taylor's shoulder, haven't we? I think the story is just getting passed around and it's getting slightly worse each time. Taylor is already on record saying he'll be back in a few weeks, I trust the local media alot more than I do a news organization that doesn't know much about sports, taking information from a sports website that doesn't know follow the Rockets as closely as we do...

11. droxford

droxford Member

12. verse

verse Contributing Member

i see no reason to believe that website's report. and i sincerely believe that motay is going to have a huge season. no, he won't get 20/10, but i expect him to become the power forward that everyone seems to want him to be.

13. droxford

droxford Member

Ok - this has gotta be false. 'cause today's Chronicle says otherwise...

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/2141396

Rockets summary

Yao only, please
    The final day of Rockets training camp under coach Jeff Van Gundy was over.

One of the first media members to question the former New York Knicks coach wanted to know about the Rockets' 7-5 center, Yao Ming. Instead of using just the first name, the inquisitor asked about "Yao Ming."

"You didn't have to go with the `Ming,' " Van Gundy said, sparking a round of laughter. "I sort of knew who you were talking about."

For the record, Van Gundy said Yao "did fine." He said Yao will probably be held out of tonight's game at the Rose Garden.

Taylor works out
    Maurice Taylor on Monday missed his second day of practice with a dislocated left shoulder. Taylor said the shoulder feels better.

"We did a lot of exercising with it today, a lot of strengthening," he said. "It's getting looser and looser each day."

The jury is out on when the shoulder will be judged ready for battle again. "Some people say a week; some people say two weeks," Taylor said.

Breaking training
    When practice was over, Rockets guard Cuttino Mobley briefly left a small group of people with whom he was talking and draped an arm around new coach Jeff Van Gundy as he walked nearby.

Near the end of their conversation, Mobley leaned down to whisper in Van Gundy's ear.

"I told him I love him now, because camp's over," Mobley said.

Apparently, none of Rudy Tomjanovich's camps were as strenuous as Van Gundy's.

Mobley hesitated to make a comparison but after a pause said, "I miss Rudy."

<br>
    <br>
    -- droxford

14. verse

rudy was a p***y.

15. verse

16. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

We need Mo, when he gets better we need constant playing time to for him to get the feel for the games, last year he rode the pine to much.

17. Rocket Redd

Rocket Redd Member

I've been looking around all day and have found nothing to corroborate that story. No updates at the Chron, NBA.com, nothing...

Not even a blurb about it on the radio.