1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ryan Anderson signs with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DustinS, Jul 2, 2016.

?

Do you like the 4-year, $80M signing by the Rockets of Ryan Anderson?

1. YES

350 vote(s)
    54.6%
  2. NO

291 vote(s)
    45.4%
  1. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Early nomination for the 2017 post of the year

2. Joemambo

Joemambo Member

I would have preferred they give that money to Parsons, a much better shooter and player. Unfortunately it looks like no one wants to play with Harden.

3. hooroo

hooroo Member

The Pels were worse than the Rockets but let's sign their team anyway. Also, let's sign their two most injury prone players while we're at it...

1 person likes this.
  4. thedude077

thedude077 Member

It seems like Eric Gordon wants to play with him.

5. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

first off Parsons got the max secondly anderson is an elite shooter your comment is laughable

6. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

He plays no defense, at all, he's abysmal. We finally got rid of that defensive train wreck Jones, and replaced him with another.

Les has no intentions of competing for anything, he's happy to just score points and win games.

7. delishman

delishman Member

Man, Clutchfans is a pill sometimes.

8. Coolaid

Coolaid Member

The biggest thing the rockets needed was production at the 4 and a play maker besides harden and that's exactly what the got. The team is better today than they were last year with these signings.

9. bcast89

bcast89 Member

We couldn't give what the Celtics gave Horford? He was probably scared off by being in the Western Conference...damnit.

10. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

good signing, perfect fit for this team.

let's get back in the mix for some wins baby.

11. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Hardly. The Rockets have openly coveted Anderson for years. You can be sure he was high on their wish list as he has been for a long time. And he and Gordon give us shooters. You can't play MDA's offense without them.

12. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I agree. I was coming here to celebrate today's signings but our "fan" site took all the wind out of my sails.

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">3 PFs used 100+ post up &amp; off screen possessions in '16: Dirk, Teletovic, &amp; Ryan Anderson who shot 50% in post, eFG% of 65% on open set Js.</p>&mdash; Synergy Sports Tech (@SynergySST) <a href="https://twitter.com/SynergySST/status/749350016624553984">July 2, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Career 37.7% on 3’s. 35.2% last 2 seasons. Also just 38.5% of his FGA were 3’s last yr, lowest %age of career. <a href="https://t.co/vEgIUwetaj">https://t.co/vEgIUwetaj</a></p>&mdash; Adam Wexler (@awexlerKPRC) <a href="https://twitter.com/awexlerKPRC/status/749347653406916609">July 2, 2016</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Ryan Anderson</p>&mdash; Patrick Beverley (@patbev21) <a href="https://twitter.com/patbev21/status/749360212843323392">July 2, 2016</a></blockquote>

14. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Pelicans ran this play with Holiday using a double ball screen from Anderson and Davis, where RyNo popped straight back to the 3 point line and Davis dove to the basket.

That has a chance to be the pet play with Harden and then Gordon or Ariza chillin on the weak side.

15. malakas

malakas Member

excuse me but why should I celebrate signings I see as awful?
    Would you celebrate giving a 100 million dollar contract to Perkins?

What are we supposed to be here? Just blind sheep cheering on whatever the FO does?

16. OTMax

OTMax Member

The contract is desperate, the player is solid.

17. OTMax

OTMax Member

By that I mean it's Leslie, not Morey's call. Morey has never given out a 4 year straight contract like this before. Sure, FAs are getting crazy contracts, but this goes against everything Morey stands for. Flexibility is out the window with both RA & Gordon's contract. However, me thinks Morey will still try to keep his sanity by looking for trades.

18. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Teletovic would have been just as effective at half the price of Anderson. Why didn't we make a play for Teletovic; the Bucks got him cheap.

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

Wow, beyond disappointed with this deal. In fact, I'm totally perplexed why we did this deal, this is the kind of move I would have done in 2017, you know after you already struck out in FAs this year and next year and just have some table scraps left over. What the **** were they thinking? If this is what's gonna happen anyway, why not wait until Kevin Durant made his decision? Even if he doesn't sign here, at least you know you gave it your best shot! Could you sign anyone worse than Ryan freakin' Anderson at 20M?

Don't get me wrong, Anderson would fit like a glove next to Harden, and in MDA's offense I expect him to be a straight up scoring machine. But at the same time...it's Ryan Anderson! When you have LMA or Blake Griffin or Draymond Green on the other side do you expect Ryan Anderson to stand up to them and carry the team? Maybe if he signed a contract around Eric Gordon's level then yeah, ok he's a steal at 10-15M. But at 20M PER? For a guy who can't even stay healthy the past couple of seasons? I mean, for that price I'd rather just roll with Capela and DMO at PF! Ryan Anderson is not a needle mover, especially in the playoffs when opponents lock in on him he won't be able to produce. I thought the goal was to win a chamionship? So we roll out with a big 3 of Harden, Anderson and Gordon against teams with LMA/Kawhi/Parker and Curry/Green/Thompson and KD/WB? LOL GGWP!

I can't believe we just got two guys from the Pelicans to be our new core wtf

20. Chamillionaire

I believe he's a few years older not that I would have had any problems with it. Ryno can ball. Don't get all the negativity on the board. Sure KD or Horford would have been nice but they didn't want to come here. I wouldn't have wanted to pay Conley or Parsons the max either. I'm happy with the 2 guys we got. Ryno is so much better than any PFs we've had in years.