1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. Lightsnowaction

If the Mavericks fall out and Kings + Wolves + Pelicans can get enough wins.

2. Caesar

Caesar Member

Biyombo, re-signed DMO, Jared Dudley, Tyler Johnson, Leandro barbosa, Amare.

7th seed. Get swept. Maybe 6th seed and lose in 5. Bout the best we can get. Rebuilding and trading Harden NOW is the only way to save the franchise from going on a decade long period of mediocrity. Harden is LA bound in 2018. If you wait til after this year, we lose all leverage when all teams will know he is leaving any way. Teams will also want a promise to resign. They won't get it. 1 year is not enough for teams to feel comfortable with convincing a player to stay. Trading him now would allow 2 years for teams to really show they can be a contender with him, while we can get a future franchise player plus more.

3. OTMax

OTMax Member

Prepare for a 10-12 seed

4. MFG16

MFG16 Member

Depends on how hot Morey's seat gets in the coming days. If he throws the max at a guy like Anderson it'll scream desperation and that he struck out (which he already has). In reality there are no longer any free agents that would make this team a playoff team, let alone a championship team. I've been asking for a true rebuild and the rockets might be on the verge of just that. Would be best for the team in the long run.

5. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

According to Les, were gonna win 60 games this year. I believe in Leslie. :cool:

6. ziebarf

ziebarf Member

Such manbabies in this place, we are going to be fine. I expect Harden, Bev, Capella, DMO, Trez, KJ, all to improve upon their game this year, as they have done every year. Plug in one or two solid players, which we will, and we will be a nice team. Perhaps I'm just excited to have something that resembles an offensive system.

7. mightybosstone

A universe in which the same team with Dwight missing half a season earned the No. 2 seed a year ago and when a team with James Harden and Chandler freaking Parsons as the No. 2 made the playoffs before Dwight ever came here. If they put competent, talented players around James and run an actual offensive gameplan, this team can win 50 games. And there are going to be a lot of mediocre teams in the West next season.

8. Junebball

Junebball Member

People are panicking over missing out on Al "Can't Rebound" Hoford? Look, may be I was in minority bcse I lived in Atlanta last two years. I was not all excited about a possibility of signing Hoford. Don't let no one fool you, the Hawks have passed on Hoford. This Rockets team will bounce back, heck we played our best ball in stretches in 2014 - 2015 season without Dwight. Get better shooters should be the phrase. I trust Morey to make right decisions.

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Now we got Anderson, and 20 million less in cap space.

Whats next? Who are we going for with the rest of the cap, will we be pursuing any trades?

Codman? Cyber? Sauces?

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Are we comfortable with Bev and Goude? Rondo, Curry, Deron still on the board. Eric Gordon?

SF anyone? We need a guy that can defend the 2-3. I see you Lance...

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I can tell you what's not next: buying league pass this fall!

12. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Trade Ariza, Brewer, McDaniels, Beverly, DMo and Dekker. Keep Beasley, Capella, Harrell, and our rookies from this draft class.

13. finsraider

finsraider Member

Trade Brewer, Beverley, Gentile and Llull for Rubio

Sign Jason Smith

Rubio / Gordon
    Harden / Gordon
    Ariza / McDaniels
    Anderson / DMo
    Capela / Smith