1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Conley still thinking about meeting w/ Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Levi, Jun 30, 2016.

1. mockster

mockster Member

Building through the draft is so hit and miss and ontop of that really crappy for the fans.

Look at teams who are still sorry for years trying t build through the draft and a lot if em get big momments then get 1st round busts.

2. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

It beats having to pay 20 mil a season for the services of Kent Bazemore or Ryan Anderson.

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

"I don't want to read my assigned textbook so let me just sparknote everything."

Good things aren't supposed to come easy. Look at how successful teams have been through that route. Apart from Miami, its pretty much unheard of.

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Our front office is so bad at evaluating talent that fans here would rather strike out year after year and settle with mediocrity.

5. SkareKrow

SkareKrow Member

When is the magic of making the playoffs going to kick in? It was supposed to make us a top destination.

6. mockster

mockster Member

Idk if Conley will fill the void but it appears the main issue was not having another ball dribbler play maker who could score on his own. Horford would be great but it wouldn't fix the fact that harden is the only player who can create his own shot

7. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

at 5/$153... i guess he can stop thinking about it...lol

8. Newlin

Newlin Member

Building through the draft doesn't bother me. It's fun to see young players develop. The Astros were hard to watch for a few years but it's fun now. All teams have to rebuild at some point.

9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

How many North American athletes have ever made more than 30m / year for their team contracts?

10. mockster

mockster Member

Yeah and look how some teams have been horrid forever. I don't agree on purposely sucking to gain players. Cheap tactic and for some it never works out.

11. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Treadmill for life.

12. Sherlock

Sherlock Contributing Member

Conley gone to Grizzlies ... rats ... but, not worth 30m

13. OTMax

OTMax Member

He's still thinking about that meeting though..haha

14. MystikArkitect

This contract is absolutely ludicrous. What is Lebron worth in this market? 50 million per year?

15. Raven

Raven Member

Lock it up!

:p:p:p

16. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Conley is not the best PG of the league and he's surely not the best player in the NBA.

All I can say is Wow. Terrible contract

17. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

And for some it works out great. Like Golden State, Cleveland, Toronto, and OKC. The four finalists in this year's playoffs. All of them have key guys who were lottery picks.

Look, we can keep doing what we've been doing and hope in vain that a Francis, McGrady, or Harden falls into our laps via trade thanks to another team's misfortune. In the meantime though, we'll watch years pass by with virtually no postseason success and a bunch of lottery seasons resulting in the 13th or 14th pick.

Or we can admit that what the Rockets have tried has been a failure and change course. Let's not forget, with the exception of 2015, the only playoff success this franchise has enjoyed during Les Alexander's time as owner has been courtesy of Hakeem Olajuwon and Yao Ming, both #1 picks. So don't tell me building through the draft doesn't work.

18. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

They can have him at that

19. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I guess the Grizzlies REALLY like that he helped bring in their first real free agent ever.

20. BackdoorHarden

Yup. Basically all the Championship teams had a player they drafted.

Even the Heats that won through Free Lebron Lottery had Wade as a lottery pick.

Not one team have won the championship in the past 10 years where a key players was not drafted by their own team.

Who does the Rockets have? CLINT???