1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kent Bazemore meeting with Rockets as we speak (UPDATE: Signs with Hawks)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketpower2, Jun 30, 2016.

1. GetThatLight

GetThatLight Member

would be a pretty bad message if you brought out that whole crew to Atlanta meet with Horford, but Baze got the b-string the night before.

2. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

They are probably all there for Horford meeting. Baze just came up out of nowhere last night so they decided to all join Morey and see if they can get him on board which will help us land Horford.

3. makman

makman Member

lol, I wonder how many times Clyde dropped "ya think" in the meeting

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Worried about Bazemore's size? Hawks adapted their defensive scheme to help Baze funnel bigger SF away from rim. His length creates problems</p>&mdash; Rockets Insider (@Rockets_Insider) <a href="https://twitter.com/Rockets_Insider/status/748734221582163968">July 1, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Bazemore plays angles well defensively &amp; his length creates problems before the pass. He's great in transition, too. <a href="https://t.co/7EXRjmKzt4">https://t.co/7EXRjmKzt4</a></p>&mdash; Rockets Insider (@Rockets_Insider) <a href="https://twitter.com/Rockets_Insider/status/748735336243601408">July 1, 2016</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Hawks?src=hash">#Hawks</a> can re-sign Horford and sign another max player, although that would mean parting ways w/ Bazemore. It's a waiting game. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rockets?src=hash">#Rockets</a></p>&mdash; Rockets Insider (@Rockets_Insider) <a href="https://twitter.com/Rockets_Insider/status/748901593592967168">July 1, 2016</a></blockquote>

5. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

They had him shooting more than that dobro. But unfortunately it's not translating to the actual game being played. It's all about the confidence and KJ doesn't have it when it comes to shooting the three.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah i saw the same in KJ. the comparison is there but it pretty much comes down to confidence with him. Its just not there when he sees the court, at least not as much as it should be. Seeing it in moments definitely isn't going to cut it

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I like Bazemore. He would be a good addition. I like the versatility and the fit in an MDA system. I agree the deal is probably 4/60. That allows the Rockets room for Al Horford at the max. Any more for Baze and players have to be dumped into cap space. Baze will get richer offers elsewhere. But the "fit" in Houston might be the best with Harden/MDA/Winning.

8. finsraider

finsraider Member

Hit 55% in the paint and took 45% of his shots there. Hit 36% of his 3s and took 41% of his shots from there. Tailor made for the way we like to play, and his finishing in the paint is fantastic for a wing.

9. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Okay, that makes sense.

10. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I like Bazemore a lot as a Harden sidekick.

I'm not sure I like him $20 million a year's worth. So I hope the price stays reasonable despite the heavy interest he's drawing.

11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

Or, "anyone else feel a draft in this building?"

12. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Sounds like a great fit.

13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Let me do you one better. How many times did he say, "I agree"?

Hakeem: "Of course, Kent, when you ahh in Hooston, you must do all you can to ween. Dat is de purpose. To ween games. You must fockass on dis."

Clyde: "I agree."

Les: "This is a first-class organization. We had a couple of hiccups last season, no doubt. But we want you to help us build a championship contender. We loved what we saw in you last season. You're a man who's going places."

Morey: "We came here to Atlanta for two guys. You and Al Horford. You are no less important to us than him. Do you agree, Glide?"

Morey: "Well, that's good to know. Dream, is there a button in the middle of Glide's back, like C-3P0, maybe shut him down for awhile?"

Hakeem: "Dis will not help. 'I agree', dat's all he will say."

1 person likes this.
  14. chandlerbang21

new coach new style of play. How does baze shoot midrange? I doubt those shots will be banned anymore lol

15. Newlin

Newlin Member

Bazemore or bust. Funny that no one was talking about Bazemore until today.

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

breh he has been in my sig for months

17. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Six more meetings for Bazemore? smh

18. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Honestly baze would play really well off of harden. Any wing that can attack the paint and finish while being respectable from 3, which baze is will thrive.

I wouldn't be surprised if he avg 15-18 ppg with better shooting % than this season.

Guy that can finish play well with harden. My guess is he would look a lot like parsons with better defense less playmaking but more hustle plays, and I actually think baze is an underrated passer, he atleast knows how to rush it off to cutters, which is more than most the players on the roster.

I would love to grab him and horford and if we could somehow sign Eric Gordon for off the bench it would be a very nice offseason and we would be back to competing for that 3-5 seed with oKC clips and maybe portland depending on what they do.

I actually think we can sell Gordon on a short term deal. His skill set is made for MDA offesne and he could make him look really good and build up his value to try and secure a long term big money deal next season. I think if he doesn't get any long term deals houtson is a good spot to build his value back up.

19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">2016 Deals for FA Wings:<br>Parsons - 4yrs/$94M ($23.5M per)<br>Turner - 4yrs/$70M ($17.5M per)<br>Fournier - 5yrs/$85M ($17M per)<br>Bazemore - ???</p>&mdash; David Weiner (@BimaThug) <a href="https://twitter.com/BimaThug/status/748960648130768896">July 1, 2016</a></blockquote>

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Remember the old days, last night, when <a href="https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA">@ZachLowe_NBA</a> tweeted Bazemore seeking $19-20 mil. Seemed a lot before Turner, Fournier got $17-17.5</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/748961493664698368">July 1, 2016</a></blockquote>