1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Conley still thinking about meeting w/ Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Levi, Jun 30, 2016.

1. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

There are a few big differences between Conley and Lawson. Conley is a better defender and shooter. Lawson turns the ball over less.

But the biggest one, to me, is that Conley actually shoots the ball, where Lawson passes up open shots for no reason.

2. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Insert feelsgoodman.jpeg

:cool:

3. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

We need to get Conley

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">ESPN sources say Mike Conley still lasered in on Memphis and Dallas ... with the Grizz in an ultra-strong position after Whiteside stays put</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/748895718358683648">July 1, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Not trying to derail anyone's thread:Not my style, but woke up excited.

The rumors are true. Mike and James are close. Pringles needs a guy to run his offense and Pat isn't equipped for the PnR, nor the shooting. His defense is great, but Mike is a tier above.

Les will pay for a legit PG. THat's not his vision (obviously) He'd put Moochie with LeBron ;)

The plan is for a strong 3 with role players. (We've heard that before)

We may copy the Cavs philosophy of Big Dogs and role players.

Say Hello to some former BiRDs, (ATL and NO) regardless of KD. Horford is getting paid, but you have forgotten about a guy in Utah/ATL that we used to hate. He wants out of the shadow, and he fits what we need. EARS say interest is there. IMO, he BY FAR a better talent than Horford.

Your longshot: replacement for Dwight. He's interested. He wants a locker room of supporters. Miami never gave that to him. The price will be steep, but he could be nurtured. EVEN if he already said he's staying...things change.

We have enough dough, and without KD, we may have a strong PG, A young, talented C and a role players that come from THE BIRDS, like I've said since I started radiation (Oh, which is in an hour)

Fly Ry is going to listen. As his my personal friend BBAss. Pringles is accumulating pick-n-pop guys to make this work.

This is preliminary, but with the East running it, and with JAMES' Connects around the league, we're in good PR hands.

My wildcard, when or if KD says no to Htown (which he hasn't said no, btw, to all of you whom said he didn't want to be here) is another Thunder Assassin: Honey Dijon? Pringles needs a scorer.

And this is the last before I got get burned: We need backup bigs: YOur least favorite former sun is more than listening for cheap. His mother gets phys therapy in Phoenix...embrace a minimum for Pringles master at a pick-n-roll. He wants his role back

And, yes, Pringles is exploring the JVG mantra of bringing back guys to run his offense: Hi, Mr Brazil.

This is Les' support, not necessarily Morey's.

Didn't know if it was a weak bladder or radiation, but regardless of what has been said, Kevin doesn't mind returning to his skill set. He can post/picn-n-pop and become the 20ppg guy we know. He'll listen to everyone, but we have some money and Cleveland (according to EARS) doesn't value him or his contract as much as before. You'd have to accept something like the Portland series burner that taunted us each game (look at the tape), or for those of you frothing, Sewer may be had to make it work.

Before I go, and not do diss basketballholic, but Nerlens isn't the target. It's a younger guy who has the footwork of a god. He needs a new start, and he can learn from our resident dream.

Love is Love.

Ears tell me we are cleaning house, and this may be the last you see of my guy JSmoov.

I'm never this blunt, but after this season, we have to rebuild.

If not MikeyC, don't forget about my Denver friend Mr Affalo.

Love ya'll. Wish me luck today.

(This is as blunt as you'll get from me btw..radiation confidence? haha) Ears say to feel positive about HW and and Atlien

Peace, and thanks for your support over the years for my health. NN is not the answer.

#65 Codman, Jul 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
    7 people like this.
  6. Chamillionaire

Thanks Codman. Your insight is very very appreciated around here.

7. 1Deep

1Deep Member

complete opposites??? okay

8. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

COD BOMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Codman. We're all pulling for you man.

Man there is so much to dissect.

Who do we hate from Utah?

Who is that guy from the Suns?

We have a reason to hope with KD still!

Who is the Miami guy?

9. Chamillionaire

Conley
    Horford
    Milsap
    Deion Waiters?
    Not sure the PHX reference.
    Barbosa
    Ryan Anderson
    Gordon

That's all I could "decipher".

10. Airdough

Airdough Member

Keep up the fight Codman and thank you as always for the insight and praying for you.

11. Chamillionaire

Brandon Bass
    Whiteside (Longshot)

12. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Damn Codman, thansk!

can someone decode that, lol my google fingers broke

13. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Kevin Love, Horford, Paul Milsap, Barbosa, Brandon Bass, Durant, Ryan Anderson, Mike Conley, Waiters, Bazemore, Afflalo all clearly listed.

Whiteside is already gone so maybe this is an older write up?

14. htown1984

htown1984 Member

Your longshot: replacement for Dwight. He's interested. He wants a locker room of supporters. Miami never gave that to him. The price will be steep, but he could be nurtured. EVEN if he already said he's staying...things change

It says even though he says hes staying things Change??

15. Chamillionaire

He just posted. He said it was a long shot.

16. Vivi

Vivi Member

Thanks Codman.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Mike Conley
    Ryan Anderson
    Paul Millsap
    Whiteside?
    Brandon Bass?
    Dion Waiters
    Amar'e?
    Leandro Barbosa
    Embiid?
    Arron Afflalo

#77 J.R., Jul 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
  18. treyk3

treyk3 Member

He edited in the portion where it said, Even though he already committed, things change.

He may write this stuff up in advanced and then post it. He puts some clear thought into what he says.

All in All, thanks Codman.

If all goes well is a Rebuild unnecessary? Or are you saying after last season a rebuild was necessary?

19. Chamillionaire

I don't think it's Embiid. I think it's Okafor. He's known for his footwork.

20. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Sounds like if ATL does pay Horford max 5 year, then Milsap wants to bounce.