1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2016 Free Agency Ideas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Cashmoney, Apr 28, 2016.

1. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Any thoughts on Bayless, shot a blistering 3 pt. Percentage... Could be had for cheap....

2. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Marvin Williams on a short term, big money deal is high on my list. He'd be a fantastic fit.

3. JD88

JD88 Member

What I've been saying yet... the masses think we need a PG to take the ball from our best player?

Go get Whiteside and Batum or Whiteside and Anderson.

4. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Sign me up!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">WOJ says Marvin Williams market is looking like 14-15 million a year</p>&mdash; Sports (@mynewhate) <a href="https://twitter.com/mynewhate/status/747847866949853184">June 28, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Thats about what I was expecting, probably a declining 3 years deal starting around 14 mill per, would be a solid addition.

6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

while i hate the idea of spending that kind of money on a 30 yr old PF who averages 14/8, and think it will doom us to mediocrity, in this market, that's decent value for what he does (especially given his 40% from 3)

7. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Because any normal person with a rational mind can already understand how shltty this current lineup the Rockets are having?

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

According to Bobby Marks...

1. Durant - $26M
    2. LeBron - $27M
    3. Wade - $15M-$17M
    4. DeRozan - $26M
    5. Horford - $26M
    6. Batum - $18M-$20M
    7. Whiteside - $19M-$21M
    8. Conley - $26M
    9. Gasol - $10M-$12M
    10. Anderson - $16M-$18M
    11. Dirk - $5M-$6M
    12. Parsons - $16M
    13. Dwight - $12M-$14M
    14. Jefferson - $13M-$15M
    15. Noah - $15M-$17M
    16. Bazemore - $13M-$15M
    17. C.Lee - $8M-$10M
    18. Biyombo - $10M-$12M
    19. West - $8M-$10M
    20. Rondo - $13M

Restricted Free Agents
    Except for Jordan Clarkson (Arenas provision protection), all the players listed below should receive close to max offers.
    •C Andre Drummond, 22, Detroit
    •SG Bradley Beal, 23, Washington
    •PG Jordan Clarkson, 24, Lakers
    •SG/SF Harrison Barnes, 24, Golden State
    •SG Evan Fournier, 23, Orlando

9. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Zach Low is right about the PG situation with this team.

Any ball dominated PG can not play along with Harden, Ty Lawson's failure is not 100% on Ty Lawson himself, its time to recognize the facts and move on.

If you think Bev is a shltty starting PG, fine, move on to find another one, but more likely it will be better to find a similar type of 3&D PG instead of a true ball handler.

10. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

No matter how people will view Dwight, there is no team in the NBA will sign Big Al over Dwight given the same amount of contract with same years.

11. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

That's not what Zach said. He said EVEN IF THE ROCKETS STRIKE OUT ON EVERY MAJOR FREE AGENT, it won't be a disaster if Capela can fill in as a decent starting center and if they get a couple of decent shooters to play with Harden (which I also took to mean if existing guys had a better year shooting the ball). He said Harden is THAT good and implied that the Rockets should at least be mediocre as long as they have Harden (regardless of what else they have).

At least that was my takeaway from listening to the podcast.

12. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

In general, I'll take the over on these contract amounts. Think a lot of these guys sign for more money.

13. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Who is this Dirk fella? He looks like a bargain... let's sign him! :rolleyes:;):grin:

14. ziebarf

ziebarf Member

Throw a max at Fournier and Barnes. Young players with upside and both seem like good candidates for "positionless" basketball. Both fit the system and could plug right in. Although passing might be an issue.. This would be a fun small ball lineup:

Harden
    Fournier
    Ariza
    Barnes
    Capella

That is, however, a ton of damned money. On that note, what will Hardens next contract look like? 30+ million a year?

15. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

I think if it was a PG that was consistently good, Harden would trust him to share the ball. Ty came out and was just not good for us. He had the ball in his hands early in the year to prove his worth and he played very poorly. Bev is not a good ball handler either (same for Ariza, Brewer, Terry). I just think we had a roster where nobody else was consistently capable of handling the ball and making plays so he took that on every time down (so he was called a ball hog and all of that). Last year J Smith proved he was capable and he did it at times and we looked so much better. I just want Morey to find players that are capable ball handlers that can make plays. They dont necessarily need to be max players. Spread the cash out, we need more than one good player this summer.

16. basketballholic

The Rockets being mediocre with Harden and trash is already a known. Everybody knows the only way we get into the deep lottery is to shut Harden down. I don't know why we had to have Lowe tell us that. It's common sense.

Questions such as is spending $18-20 million per for Ryan Anderson good value remain. Didn't hear Lowe touch that.

It is my very strong opinion that paying Anderson and Parsons huge money will not lead us anywhere close to a championship and we can get cupcake results by signing Wiltjer and Uthoff for not much of anything while waiting for better options for our cap space.

17. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

I really don't think Uthoff is gonna happen here in Houston.

18. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Problem is that Beverley isn't good at defense.

19. basketballholic

Probably won't. Players I get hot on seem to be totally ignored by our front office. Watch him turn into the next Parsons but better.

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Cool projections. Couple thoughts in bold

#1140 Deuce, Jun 28, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2016