1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Six

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rcoleman15, Jun 20, 2015.

1. So Good

So Good Member

After the Red Wedding, I said "nothing this show does will surprise me." Well a couple of surprises, Tommen falling to his death and Arya killing Walder Frey the way she did.

I knew something would happen to Walder but didn't think he'd die like that.

Great episode. GREAT use of music

2. The Stig

The Stig Member

Am I crazy to think that this episode was better than the Battle of Bastards episode??

The musical score was hauntingly beautiful. Miguel Sapochnik is the best director on this show by a country margin.

3. So Good

So Good Member

It was better. Covered so many storylines, furthered every story and set up season 7 beautifully.

I said "this guys needs to direct all the episodes." Amazing job.

4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

It was great. No wasted scenes.

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

This is the "wild beauty" of the North, Lyanna Stark.

Aisling Franciosi

[​IMG]

6. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

And Jamie. From his point of view, she killed their son. Either directly or indirectly, doesn't matter. the King Slayer will add a queen to his moniker.

7. So Good

So Good Member

But at this point, he'd be applauded lol. Not a villain in my book. Rooting for this.

8. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Putting the following comment in spoilers as is from the books... Don't really think it warrants a spoiler but nonetheless don't read if you don't want. It has to do with Jaime's arc going forward.

So, in the books Jaime distances himself from Cersei. While Jaime is away in the riverlands, Cersei sends him a letter asking for his help and he burns it, basically saying he's done with her. I was hoping to see that side of Jaime while dealing with Blackfish and Freys but we didn't, however, he did look disgusted at Cersei's coronation. I'm hoping this will push him more towards book Jaime.

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Anyone think Sam's storyline is to figure out how to create the true Lightbringer that Melisandre failed to create with Stannis. The sword Stannis pulled out of the fire wasn't quite it.

[​IMG]

We already know the wights can be killed easily with fire (if not only fire), and Benjen's weapon of choice is a fire mace.

10. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I think you're right. I was wondering why TV Jaime was so different from Book Jaime, but now it makes sense. It was all a set up to highlight just how much Cersei's actions affected him.

I do hope that the show plays up his desire to leave a positive legacy for the new Queensguard.

11. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I don't know about GoT, but bastards historically can have a claim when there are no legitimate heirs.

His big problem is Robert never acknowledged him.

#2591 juicystream, Jun 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
  12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Possibly. I figured he was going to research how to make more Valyrian Steel, but he could do both.

13. Caesar

Caesar Member

What a masterpiece of a score. Ramin Djawadi killed it.

14. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Good catch.

Melisandre, Beric Dondarion and Thoros of Myr were/are all on there for taking Gendry away. There are some claims that she no longer includes those three because the crime was minor, but I can't say without going through all her scenes.

We know for sure that Cersei and The Mountain are on it.

------------

As for Sam, the books say something different, but it is no coincidence that he brought along a Valyrian steel sword.

15. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

The Lyanna baby reveal was not surprising because the book readers kept bringing up "R+L=J" the last five years. It's amusing to see some of the book readers still beating off to the books and comparing it to the show like a bunch of psycho exes. Also delicious to see the theory guys getting it wrong week after week. Ho ho ho.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He'd have some claim, just like happened with Jon Snow, they'll say that there's Baratheon blood in him and that's good enough. It's why they went around killing all of Robert's bastards.

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Don't forget their new buddy, The Hound.

However I don't believe Arya truly wants The Hound dead anymore. She was whacked for lying when she told The Waif or Jaqen that she was glad he was dead.

If she were to cross paths with that group I honestly don't know what she would do or even want to do.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Jon being coming King of the North COMPLETELY SIDELINES SANSA

Little Finger AGAIN tried to warn her but she thought she knew better and was smarted and more honorable.

Now she is a complete after throught. She is not Queen. She can now be SOLD AGAIN for alliances by Job (I mean we trust Jon but if Sansa being married to someone is needed to win the war . . . he might have to do . . . and now he can demand it)
    Sansa lost all her agency and self determination . . again

This is why Little Finger smirked at her because she could have had it all
    but instead she is Jan Brady

Rocket River

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Indeed.

As much as I love Lady Mormont
    I cannot help but compare her to Jon Arryn's son
    He is just a silly almost mentally ill child
    She is a stone cold leader born

Rocket River