1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Six

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rcoleman15, Jun 20, 2015.

1. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I think she still fights against it, but feels it to be true. I think it contributes to why she always hated Tyrion (book reference).

I've thought about the Mountain maybe killing Tommen, which I think would be great (obviously part of the attack on the Faith Militant). I like both of yours. The wildfire has been my assumption, but I really love your idea of him committing suicide.

2. juicystream

Agreed on that scene, especially with her character arc to far. She is often compared to her father, but it is Aegon I that she has most in common with. We've seen what Aegon did to Harrenhal.

3. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Thats an interesting take. I never really considered that it was Dragon Destruction. I just always assumed it was from Wildfire and then it was snow coming down. You might be on to something though.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Let me be clear...I don't mean to so the Dragons will burn the Red Keep. I'm just saying that is one of the visions that came to Dany when under the warlock mind control

Not just her story arc, but it simply makes sense that Dany only thinks about herself. So, when the warlocks of Qarth House of the Undying distract her mind, she would think of what's happened to her and her worries/insecurities of the future...I don't even think it means it is a vision of something that can occur...just the warlocks playing with her mind to make her think of bad things...to ward her off.

It's not like Bran's visions, which are his magical power of seeing the past and future, nor witch's fortune-telling which has been right, so far.

5. juicystream

I don't think is the future, just that it is potentially what could happen. Just looking at her talk with Tyrion last time about burning the slave cities to the ground, and he reminds her that isn't what she really wants. Been a somewhat recurring theme for her.

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Blackfish.

7. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I'd like him to still be around but considering his demise was reported by Lannister men, I think he's gone....

8. So Good

So Good Member

A few cast members to receive salary raise for season 7. Spoiled for names that are confirmed for partial next season appearance.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06/23/game-of-thrones-cast-pocket-huge-season-7-pay-rise

Peter Dinklage (Tyrion Lannister,) Kit Harrington (Jon Snow), Lena Headey (Cersei Lannistar), Emilia Clarke (Daenerys Targaryen) and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jamie Lannister) have all scored salary bumps for the upcoming series.

Previously, the leading cast members pocketed around $300,000 each per episode. The sum of $500,000 per episode has been agreed for each actor

9. So Good

So Good Member

10. rcoleman15

rcoleman15 Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2O6PZx5KlIA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Nah, the storytelling was far too suspicious. If the cardinal rule of theater is to show it instead of telling it, why did they tell it?

12. Ron from the G

Ron from the G Contributing Member

Technically Jaime is also her little brother since she was the first born. So it could be either of them.

13. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Wasn't this also on the show? Could have sworn they showed this. And you're right could be either of the brothers, I'm leaning more towards Jaime. Poetic justice or something.

14. Ron from the G

Ron from the G Contributing Member

Well if it is Jaime she would have had to do something totally horrid for him to do this to her. I'm wondering if somehow she ends up being the cause of her son dying and this is an act so terrible enough for him to kill the only women he's ever loved.

With the trial coming, with Daenerys' vision of the throne room being burnt, and with knowing the wildfire may still be beneath King's Landing I have this theory.

Cersei finds out somehow about the wild fire and plans to try to use it to kill the Sparrow at the trial. Since all of Cersei's plans always screw up she ends up being the cause of Tommen's death and the cause of the throne room being burnt. Her accidental killing of Tommen is too much for Jaime to handle and he kills her.

15. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Definitely where this is going... Check back after the episode and you'll see ppl complaining at how this show is so predictable now.

16. Nero

Nero Member

Hey hey hey hey HEY!!

I will have a GREAT response to this as soon as I think of one!

1 person likes this.
  17. MystikArkitect

Here's a thought. Is there any situation that can play out in the show where people don't complain from either a predictability standpoint or a feasibility standpoint? Case in point Arya in episode 7.

Is she actually Jaqen?
    Did she take on someone else's face?
    Is she actually that dumb?

Answer was C but because after every episode there's always a theory about something then you can always chalk it up to the show being predictable. Then if and when it's not predictable people will complain about that.

This show is frankly way better than it needs to be and the fact that some folks managed to nitpick BoB somehow is mind boggling to me. It's like getting a 5 star Omakase dish for free and b****ing about the fact that there wasn't a free dessert.

18. rcoleman15

rcoleman15 Contributing Member

Interesting spoiler (though it doesn't state who it is referencing) for episode 10 from the person who designs the jewelry for GOT...

Link:
    http://nymag.com/thecut/2016/06/game-of-thrones-jewelry-what-it-tells-us.html

“I try to make each crown have some relationship to the person wearing it,” she says. "One of my favorite crowns I’ve ever done is for someone in episode ten.” She declined to say who that person may be.

19. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Except it's not free unless you are stealing it ?

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Have the Stark sigil on a flag on my house. Neighbors all around me have the American flag, but I chose allegiance to Winterfell.