1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[2016 NBA Draft/2-43] Zhou Qi

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 23, 2016.

?

Do you like the selection of Zhou Qi?

Poll closed Oct 26, 2016.
  1. YES

67.8%
  2. NO

32.2%
  1. Remix

Remix Member

I should be in the Rockets marketing department. Hire me Le$

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Im on record i like the pick. The guy can shoot

3. jchu14

jchu14 Contributing Member

Dmo, Jones, Smith are all FAs. So it's just Beas, Harrell, and Capela.

4. Cloudx9

Cloudx9 Member

Chandler Parsons

5. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Its much worse than the batting average of Jon Singleton.

6. hvic

hvic Member

We need a new owner. All I see is that peak will extend there contract with the rockets for advertising and that's it

7. NickKent

NickKent Member

Like the pick. Looks like he has the offensive skills, needs to hit the weight room for sure.

8. Mutombo

Mutombo Member

You may be right but I mean a scorer like Felder would have been nice. Just found out we got GPII who I think can contribute right away, so this pick isn't too bad if it's solely about potential.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Yao on Zhou: "He's very talented, for sure. He's long, skilled, very good basketball IQ. He can play on that level." Yao, of course, has ulterior motives. "I can tell you something. If he does not play over there, he will play against my team."

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

HE might be as good

Rocket River

11. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Can't really put to much it to this pick I mean the chances of anyone at 43 becoming a significant role player are slim so I can't pass judgement untill he gets some work in... Here's hoping he turns into something.

12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Don't fool yourself into thinking this pick is anything other than a money grab by Le$. If he ever plays a game for the Houston Rockets I'd be pleasantly surprised.

13. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

hes nothing like Yi except they look similar. stick to 92-95 player evaluations plz

14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Looks like he went right about where some mocks thought he'd go. Props to DraftExpress for nailing the pick. lol. He's not a stiff, but at this point in the draft who knows what can happen. At least he looks like he's got basketball skills.

15. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Has it been confirmed that 20 is his legit age?

16. dmoneybangbang

LOL... Did you think this wasn't a business? This isn't the Rockets selecting a Chinese prospect with a high pick, like Yi at 6th. If this kid can manage to get to 230lbs he may do okay as a stretch 4.

17. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

18. dmoneybangbang

He moves well for his size, it's his weight and frame that caused the mid second round selection. He has actual skills and has played against decent international competition but he won't be able to last in the NBA without adding weight and strength. His length and agility (ranked high at the combine) will be interesting on the perimeter.

All in all, I hope our second selections are able to contribute like Capela did in his second season after a year with the Vipers.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't initially think I'd like this pick, but the more I've seen of him, the more I like it.

He'll need to add a ton of weight, and he'll have to adjust to a MUCH more physical brand of basketball, but he's got potential if he really is 20 years old.

20. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member