1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Six

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rcoleman15, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Books don't matter
    It never happened in this story . . . .so it is irrelevent.

Rocket River

2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Those who think Sansa learned something... just wait until she confronts Little Finger. Dude has the army and the one in a position to ask for payment.

3. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Honestly doubt Jon has any designs on the iron throne....

4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Not his army. It was entrusted to him solely because of Sansa

5. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Jon will find out the truth about his parents just as we are finding out that Dany is clearly evil and he will take her on for the iron throne, it'll be epic!

6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Until Sansa shows herself to be smart, which she hasn't (not tellin Jon about the Vale forces was a blunder), I'm going to give Littlefinger more credit. He knows how to manipulate sweet robin and probably has a plan for dealing with Sansa if she doesn't do what he wants. He means to control, not get controlled. There is no way a chess player like Little Finger would have moved those forces, if he didn't have a damn good plan. Now the Vale will have to answer to the iron throne and southern houses for their crimes against the rightful warden of the north.

7. Anticope

Anticope Member

The Boltons were already enemies of the crown from marrying Ramsay to Sansa. Little Finger and Cersei even had a conversation in season 5 about removing the Boltons and him becoming warden of the north. Of course, that "deal" also included him bringing her Sansa's head on a spike so who knows who he ends up betraying.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Jon is not going to fight Sansa over who rules Winterfell. I doubt it's even a discussion on the show besides. "So...what now?"

His main goal will be uniting as many people as he can to fight the oncoming threat of the White Walkers.

Sansa's goal will be rebuilding Winterfell to its former glory.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The biggest wrinkle in Little Fingers plans are the White Walkers
    I doubt he accounted for a fairy tale coming to life

Jon will want to stay and fight them
    Little Finger will be about fighting the throne and other human competitors

Rocket River

10. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Not sure where the narrative is coming from making Dany evil? She still seems like the same person for the most part creating an alliance with the iron borne and immediately disallowing all of their shenanigans doesn't scream evil to me. She may be heavy handed at times but she is dealing with primitive cultures that almost need someone to teach them right from wrong. Sometimes that includes killing a few guilty combatants.

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

She definitely needs to get that door fixed soon.

12. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

That is how I saw it too. At no point did I feel that there will be conflict between Jon & Sansa.

13. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

For those wondering, it sounds like it was a choice between Wun-Wun and Ghost....I tend agree that Wun-Wun makes more sense in the battle.....

HOME/GAME OF THRONES /HERE’S WHY YOU DIDN’T SEE GHOST IN BATTLE OF THE BASTARDS

Here’s Why You Didn’t See Ghost in Battle of the Bastards

Ser Davos actor Liam Cunningham and Battle of the Bastards director Miguel Sapochnik have given different reasons as to why Ghost wasn’t part of that epic Game of Thrones season 6 episode. Sapochnik blamed it on the VFX budget and a choice between either Wun-Wun or Ghost:

“[Ghost] was in there in spades originally, but it’s also an incredibly time consuming and expensive character to bring to life. Ultimately we had to choose between Wun-Wun and the direwolf, so the dog bit the dust.”
    This however doesn’t mean that producers went for the cheaper or the easier option. Creating Wun-Wun is an equally challenging task for the VFX team. Sapochnik explains:

“Anything with the giant is a challenge because he’s not there, and you have to shoot multiple layers for each shot, and get extras to react to something that doesn’t exist, and then shoot the actual giant played by Ian Wright months later on a green screen stage.”
    And here’s what Cunningham said about Ghost’s absence:

“Yeah that would have been cool, [but] obviously a big battle like that is no place for a direwolf. They’re not gonna last very long – I mean look at what happened to Wun Wun, the last of the giants.”

http://www.thegrumpyfish.com/heres-didnt-see-ghost-battle-bastards/

14. heypartner

^^^ That actually doesn't make sense to me. The Stark sigle is a direwolf. It's very disappointing it is a budgetary excuse. This was the perfect time to use a budget on Ghost. With Wun Wun. Shouldn't have been one of the other.

I'm willing to bet Dany's t*** cost us this Ghost budget.

15. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

Leeroy Jenkins!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Q0dA9eUP85s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. heypartner

That's what I've been looking for

Jon pulled a Leeeroooy u'Jennkinnss

17. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

But Sansa has the p***y

Cersei promised that Tommen would give a Royal Decree to make Littlefinger the Warden of the North if he defeated the loser of the Bolton/Stannis battle. With what is happening in Kings Landing, I don't think Littlefinger can just assume anything unless he already has it in writing for Tommen. If he does, which house does he double cross? We know he has no qualms about crossing people he has seemingly aligned himself with.

18. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

So you're saying you wanted Ghost to die? He absolutely would have.

19. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I seriously think Sansa will double cross Littlefinger and stick it to him up the rear.

20. heypartner

Did you want Wun Wun to die?

I wanted Ghost in that battle...flat out. I think it's better than Ghost against the White Walkers...which is the only other epic way. I suppose we'll get Ghost and Nymeria (sp?) together. Budget for two direwolves in a battle is probably close to the same as for one. But fighting for Winterfel (Ghost's home) is the way.

I wonder how much extra money Emily Clarke got for showing her t*** this season. Probably pays for Ghost in this battle. :)

#2260 heypartner, Jun 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2016