1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[HBO] Mike Judge's Silicon Valley

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tallanvor, Apr 7, 2014.

1. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

Would have never expected that from Jared. Also Guilfoyle is awesome.....

2. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Watching the credits roll and listening/watching the sweat shop was incredibly creepy/depressing.

3. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

You're...not lying.

4. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I've always assumed it was a script/bot that was able to pad clicks/follows... not an actual sweat shop...

5. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Tables Ad:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dWOGbu5BcT0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Real Facebook Ad:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6U16XShROI8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I've been in several of those kinds of product test groups where the CEO came in to try and explain the product after it was bombing in front of his eyes. Yes, I've met Bill Gates several times over the years. And, no, I still don't get it! ;)

7. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Agree about the episode being seriously depressing. I like this show a lot, but sometimes it's very hard to watch. It seems like it's basically a formula of "**** them over for 9 episodes, and give them a win in the finale".

In this case, I'm guessing Dinesh saves the day somehow. My friend was suggesting that the video chart portion that Dinesh coded ends up being involved somehow. It also makes sense because every time he's brought it up recently he's been shut down.

I was also surprised Jared did that, I wonder how this is going to resolve itself.

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Completely agree. My favorite show but Its 3 seasons now and the yes!...oh wait ****" cycle is getting old. At the beginning it was tolerable.

If they get ****ed but see a silver lining next episode I might give up on it. They can't do that every season and just decide to build from square 2 and 3 again. There is no way they are going to screw them over, but they will be left in purgatory is my guess....and its way overdue for them to hit their stride so no excuses for the show anymore.

9. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Windows...people look out of them...or into them...

10. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

It's basically the "Entourage" 30 minute HBO series formula.

I ain't complaining though.

11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I'm guessing something with the neural net saves them... they've mentioned it way too many times for it to simply be just a "cool" feature of the platform.

Maybe their actual daily active users numbers are mistakenly truncated due to it... or perhaps all the dummy users in bangladesh/india has an unintended effect of making the platform amazingly powerful and...gasp... somewhat self aware! ("Its not Terminator!"... one of the better lines from the last episode).

12. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Could someone explain to me what exactly Gavin did with the server room and convincing the board he was working on something else?

I must have missed a critical scene...I was totally confused.

13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

He found out from the former PP employee that their platform's daily active user number was terrible.

He also had met with the former PP CEO (Barker) prior to his private plane tripl last week to Jackson Hole where I'm sure they discussed the "box" as Jack's true vision of what compression companies should do.

Thus, since end frame was nowhere close to a platform... But by all accounts, making a box was something any nut-less monkey could do, they simply applied the endframe algorithm to the box idea. Couple that "ready-to-go" product with PP's platform numbers being crappy, the board felt compelled to re-instate him. Of course him saying he was just a "possum" and working on something else was total BS.

(And I'm sure the end scene with the Elephant will have Gavin somehow getting rid of all the board members or try and get back at them for exiling him).

14. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I don't have a problem with all the misfortune they're going through. This is an underdog story. It becomes less interesting when they're at the top.

16. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

I get people's complaint about all good news being quickly followed by troubles, but the characters have to be going through some sort of adversity or else whats the story.

17. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Predictable, similar to previous problems, and going through it each time is grinding. It was an effort to watch and not funny enough so I bailed.

18. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I somewhat agree but they could do a whole show of Erlich spending, gallivanting and treating people like dirty trash water while at the top. That show would be gold Jerry. Gold!

19. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I could see Bernice having a role in helping promote PP to the everyday person, thus solving the daily active user problem.

20. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

That's what I thought had happened actually before they explained the bought installs