1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This title shows that the Harden show can work if..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OTMax, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Not if he's still fat

2. Harden's beard

Leaders of ISO possessions and frequency in this year's playoffs :

Lebron James 127, 23.3%
    Kyrie Irving 114, 22.6%
    Russell Westbrook 113, 21.1%
    Kevin Durant 95, 18.0%
    Stephen Curry 81, 18.4%

But ISO ball never works according to this board.

It's not easy to play pretty basketball with lots of ball movement and players moving around in the face of much tighter and suffocating defense of the playoffs. Also, it takes a lot of energy out of you when you have to constantly run around off-the-ball just to score one bucket, when guys like LeBron and Irving effortlessly scores with just few dribbles in isolation. It seemed like Curry couldn't play off-the-ball as he usually does in the playoffs, partly because of much more physical defense, and partly due to his stamina.

So, of course ISO ball is still relevant and is a totally valid way to win basketball games. I would even go so far as to say it's the only way you can win in tight playoff games.

3. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

I'm sorry, but the title of this thread didn't show me how the Harden show can work.

4. caneks

caneks Rookie

yep, it would always be what if.

5. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Anybody have a list of the best iso possessions for rhe regular season? If so please post...

6. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

Les doesn't allow us to lose.

7. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Op u really must be a homer. I tell everyone that would listen. U aint winning the chip with harden. Its simple he is lazy. The difference is lebron leads by ecample. N his work ethic and leadership is unquestioned. I wouldnt follow harden on the court when i seen him just be lazy.

8. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

And if Harden plays defense. Finding a player on Kyrie's level is extremely difficult. His individual scoring and one on one ability is among the best in the NBA. Don't forget how great Lebron's help defense was and how Kyrie actually played defense this series.

You can absolutely win a chip with Harden as your best player. You just need a very strong 2nd option, and a team without defensive liabilities. That goes for any great; Shaq needed Kobe, Kobe needed Gasol, Jordan needed Pippen, LeBron needed Wade & Kyrie. Make no mistake about it. We need a 2nd star. But we also need players that are capable of knowing their role and playing strong defense. Ariza is one of those guys. And last, but not least, we need a strong coach.

9. Chamillionaire

This. Great post. This team is a mess. Last year's team wasn't a team. They didn't play defense and looked lackadaisical. Harden is a piece of the puzzle. I like Beasley, Harrell, and Clint off the bench. DMo at the right price would also be a good piece. I like Bev too but I think he's so better suited off the bench.

We need high IQ players with a high motor, a jump shot, and a willingness to play defense. I think our roster will have major changes this summer and I'm definitely looking forward to it.

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Of course, LeBron has just shown the world his defense is on Harden's level. LOL.

11. alethios

alethios Member

He's not fat, he's festively plump.

[​IMG]