1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ticketmaster fees

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TheFreak, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

How about you all stop going to Justin Bieber concerts. Then you can avoid Ticketmaster fees.

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I CAN'T HELP IT!

That girl is soooooo fione!

3. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Well, I cant go to North Korea only to buy the tickets, and then come back again for the show! I have to do that online.

4. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

random bump but I just heard about this class action lawsuit against ticketmaster and hate to admit I can't tell if this is a scam or legit. from every angle it looks like the little guy might just get a victory.

has anyone else been following this? it looks like ticketmaster is being sued for their "processing fees" between '99 and '11 and for every ticketmaster account, users will receive a $1.50 credit for tickets purchased during that time period. with a 17 transaction limit, that's a whopping $25.50 some folks could be getting back.

http://www.ticketfeelitigation.com/court

here's an article in SPIN from a few days ago
    http://www.spin.com/articles/gouged-ticketmaster-you-may-get-150-back

did anyone else receive an email notification?

#24 across110thstreet, Dec 5, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I got the email. lol @ the fact I have to buy from ticket master to redeem this coupon. "you're right, we screwed you out of a lot of money, so here's some coupons you can use to BUY MORE OVERPRICED CRAP FROM US"

6. across110thstreet

yeah you can use it on a $350 Roger Waters ticket courtesy of ticketmaster!

7. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I didn't get an e-mail notification, but I heard about it...I've purchashed a bunch and expect to get some $$$ back...

8. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

Got the same email....but it sounds like the settlement just gives you credit to use in the future, lawyers make all the $$$ anyways.

9. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

BUMP (TicketMaster/Live Nation Class Action Lawsuit Update From Mid-June 2016)

You May Have Free Tickets/Ticket Discounts Waiting In Your Ticketmaster
    http://gawker.com/check-your-ticketmaster-account-you-probably-have-free-1782209001
    [​IMG]

Via a class action suit. I had $9 and 4 free tickets (although I suspiciously have not been able to bring up what concerts we are all able to use the vouchers for).

List your haul here.

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

34 discount codes, 17 free ticket pair vouchers.

11. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I counted at least 12 free ticket pairs on my account. Not sure what I can use them for at this point.

12. mrm32

mrm32 Member

3 vouchers and 3 codes.

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

9 free ticket codes and 10 discount codes

14. PhiSlammaJamma

I wonder if crime paid off for them, or if they ultimately lose money in the long run.

15. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

It definitely paid off. They probably settled for 10% of the value they made off like bandits with.

16. across110thstreet

lol, this 6+ year old saga of a thread continues.

I have a bunch load of free tickets and discounts in my account, but I don't see the actual "Code" to redeem any of them.

17. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

Woot 1 free ticket code lol

18. The Boz

The Boz Member

5 discounts and 5 free vouchers. Checking to see what is free.

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Sorry to do this (again) to everyone, but time for some reminiscing. In the 1960's and the 1970's, there were no "fees" at all. You went to a few outlets that sold tickets, or to the ticket window of the venue, and simply purchased them. Concerts were at the Music Hall, the best venue with great acoustics designed for the symphony, the ballet and the like, or the Coliseum, basically an enormous empty building (they'd fill the floor with metal chairs and have the stage at one end, unless they didn't and had it somewhere else, which happened from time to time - permanent chairs surrounded a empty giant oval) meant for rodeos and stuff like that. Those were the two main venues for touring bands. They sometimes played at clubs (thank god - much more fun, and cheaper) and a couple of other spots, but in general, it was the Music Hall or the Coliseum.

So no fees, those were the two main venues, with tickets sometimes as low as $1.50, but usually starting at $3 or $3.50, with the highest priced rock concert ticket being $5. When the top ticket price "jumped" to $6, there were demonstrations in front of the Music Hall. I went with a girlfriend to one of the the demonstrations and realized Spirit (now involved in a lawsuit with Led Zeppelin - Led Zep will lose, in my opinion) was headlining a concert that was about to start. Spirit was very popular in Houston, I'd seen them before, and wanted to see them again, so I asked the chick to stick with me, whatever I did, and I'd do the talking. The front of the Music Hall had a long line of glass doors that they'd open when people were leaving an event. We went down the line trying every door and sure enough, one was unlocked. We just walked in like normal hippies and I knew where to go, straight for the center aisle on the main floor. They'd already darkened the lights. At the head of the aisle, a great looking blonde usherette asked me for our tickets. I smiled, said we'd lost them, darn it, she smiled back, said, "Follow me, please," and waltzed us down to 2 empty seats, 2nd or 3rd row, center, and 5 minutes later, some DJ comes out and introduces the opening act. Spirit? They were great! Everyone should have a taste of Fresh Garbage at least once in their lives.

Ticketmaster sucks, to infinity and beyond. I've said that before, too.

20. KDJ3

KDJ3 Contributing Member

8 discount codes and 8 free tickets.