1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Toddler dragged into the water by an alligator at Disney

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by HoustonTexas, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

2. Buck Turgidson

Only if you let it.

3. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Dafuq is Kevin Willis doing on that fence.

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

These creatures are the worst thing ever. That damn fence climbing video will haunt me.

5. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

I don't think anyone's found a cure yet for death.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I'm sure this threat went the same way as the baby falling in the Gorilla cage.
    People ready to take the mother to prison
    There was an extensive look into the father's criminal history
    and people talking about how she was not on crack

Rocket River

7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I'm not going to go back and read 16 pages of stupid arguments. My only question at this point is...Why is it so important to know which alligator is the one that did what alligators do? Was it really necessary to kill so many of them just to see their dental pattern?

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

1) Pressure was on to clear the lagoon of other dangers

2) It was assumed the alligator ate the child, therefore the only way to recover the body would be to cut it open

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Dental pattern? They killed the alligators ^before^ they found the boy's drowned body. They killed the gators prior looking for his remains so he could be buried vs digested.

Don't be so quick to judge a process of how experts do their job, and in this case, saying something presumably about revenge kills by the Apex predator

10. PhiSlammaJamma

And nobody seems to be worried about the fact there are now 5 new ghost alligators haunting the beaches. I haven't seen too many things completely ignored by the internet, but Alligator ghosts seems to be one of them.

1 person likes this.
  11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Alligators attacking humans in resort areas is not common and is not what alligators do. Every expert you hear says that type of aggressiveness towards humans, even a child, in that situation is rare and is likely the result of a gator that has been fed and taught not to fear people. That means the animal is an ongoing threat

12. roxxfan

roxxfan Contributing Member

Lmao dude just stfu. Gators gonna do what gators gonna do...if you are going to make these statements you better post links to these experts' statements or at least quote them.

13. roxxfan

I feel for the child and his family. However, kid shouldn't have been swimming/or been anywhere near the water. This still falls on the father. I also feel that killing the gators will result in nothing. The child is already gone; it is not like alligators are domesticated, calm beings which have suddenly snapped.

14. VanityHalfBlack

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news but the media was talking about an abandon water park that was shut down in 01 and saying that it's a breeding ground for gators and not too far from all the attraction. My question is, when will they open up a gator burger joint?

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

http://abcnews4.com/news/local/local-wildlife-experts-say-alligators-should-not-be-fed-feared

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/16/us/airboat-captain-disney-gators/

There are a couple I'd get you more but it's annoying to do on my phone. There is another quote in one of those from a biologist who runs a gator reserve who explains that gators will generally shy way from humans.

16. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

The media is r****ded then because River Country is not a breeding ground for gators any more than other fresh water in Florida. Watch this video to see that and understand that going backstage is easy and will result in being banned from Disney as the people who made the video have been.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5UO5guVY-9c?rel=0&amp;showinfo=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Was not swimming. Area was designed so that you are easily touch water. Past gator incident involve kids just playing on the sandy beach area - the guests ran away and was fortunately not hurt. Killing of the gators were while they were looking for the boy (in case it's not clear, they have to look inside the gator), not afterward.

Disney already is adding warning sign of gators dangers, temporary barricades while looking for long term solutions. Sensible for a a resort designed mostly for kids.

18. roxxfan

19. PhiSlammaJamma

The video of the old Disney River Country was awesome. I had a real sense of fear and dread watching it. Almost Blair Witch like. Better than most horror movies. If something had happened to her that would have been fantastic footage.

It reminded me of when my friend told me he had seen a Gator in the swamps, and said he wanted me to come with him to check it out. I was probably like 10 years old. I stupidly went. not thinking about it. And that was scary as ****. And yep, we found a gator. It was a lot like the video I just watched.

20. PhiSlammaJamma

By the way, can you imagine if these attacks weren't rare, and we had a real predator. That would be something. Like if going to the grocery store could be life or death.