1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Better leader: Tracy McGrady or James Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Jan 2, 2016.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yao was a great player , but you could deny him the ball and get him in foul trouble

Dude if you name yourself Hakeem the great you better start preaching the glory of clutch city

99ers have clutch city in their dna

2. choujie

choujie Member

Stats look similar but not really equal if you consider different era.

Tmac was on a much slower paced team and he actually played defense in playoffs.

3. tinman

Supporting Member

I wonder if bulls fans have conversations about Jordan and rose?
    I'm assuming the Bulls fans appreciate their championships

All these McGrady fans don't care about championships
    They care about hypothetical situations that put their hero above others who are better and accomplished more

4. choujie

choujie Member

Well, Rose has nothing on Jordan so they don't compare them.

Just like nobody compares Harden and Tmac to Hakeem. They have nothing on him.

However, Tmac and Harden are comparable unless Harden gets a ring.

5. tinman

Supporting Member

Yes but people like to romanticize the McGrady era like it was something special
    It absolutely wasn't. Those playoff exits were the worst ever.
    The regular season baring a few freak games wasn't fun either.

I understand the harden critics but he got us further in less time and he's not a candidate to break down like McGrady.
    Did he ever play a full season? 82 games

Most of the Houston Rockets fans from Houston understand.

6. hakeemthagreat

I've been watching the Rockets since the Mitchell Wiggins/Sleepy Floyd HSE days. I know my Rockets better than anybody. Your opinion of Tmac is clouded in emotional hatred (all do I agree with you on other things). Tmac was great most of his time as a Rocket. The thing that stopped him was his injuries, which can be applied to Yao Ming as well. Basketball wise, Tmac was elite with his size & skillset. He was just dealt a bad hand, give it up Tinman

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Those Houston teams weren't talented around Yao and T-Mac. The one year we had a stacked team T-mac was injured but we made the 2nd round anyway. If T-Mac had been healthy that team would have rivaled the Lakers.

8. tinman

Supporting Member

Did injuries stop him against Dallas and Utah?

Did injuries stop him for talking to Stephen a smith?

Rep status has Yao, why not McGrady?

9. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

That team was better off with Artest and Battier starting at SG and SF. The thing that held that team back from beating the Lakers was Yao and Mutombo getting injured.

10. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

do you not like 22 game win streaks? that was pretty special. thanks t-mac!

11. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TBT?src=hash">#TBT</a> back to a great moment from the 22-game win streak! <a href="https://t.co/KNFFoOWd6y">https://t.co/KNFFoOWd6y</a></p>&mdash; Houston Rockets (@HoustonRockets) <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonRockets/status/743549921375051776">June 16, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

12. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

You can't compare a loser who never took his team out of the first round to a superstar who led his team to the WCF.

13. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

Remember that McGrady was a 7-year veteran by the time he played his first game for the Rockets. He was about the same age then as Harden is now.

People in their early 20s are r****ded (All due respect to the youngsters out there, but this is a fact. You'll see). Most people don't really start maturing until their mid to late twenties, and Harden is just starting to get to this point.

So it's not fair to compare the two yet, but we can start comparing over these next few years.

14. tinman

Supporting Member

It's not fair that harden accomplished more and it hurts the feelings of McGrady fans

15. Rox11

Rox11 Member

I'll have some of what you are taking.

Hardens garbage play is what brings him down a notch, which puts him in a debate with Mac.

His potential is so high that he could of by now been so far ahead as was projected for him, but his bum attitude and lack of commitment to the sport is his downfall. The guy does not care and i can show you compilations... whereas you only show me the Toronto game....

CF is famous for hyping up players when they are on the roster. He committed last year in the run to both ends but now regressed more than his first year here.

He treats the game like a 9-5, does not care one bit, careless passes and turnovers.

The same way tin takes credit away from Mac in the 22strk, Harden gets credit taken away from him in the wcf run. He was not the one who initiated the spark to beat the Clippers if you recall...

Harden gets one more chance to prove himself this year. The way the team is headed there is no excuse for him not to have a breakout year. It is up to him.

16. tinman

Supporting Member

Never mind Kobe or Tim Duncan or lebron,
    McGrady fans think he's the most wonderful player of all time.
    And he's better than them if you put the "what if" on it

I'm not a millionaire , but I can put "what if" and I win !

17. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

One says it's on me, the other disappears from post gamr interviews after a bad game

18. the shark

the shark Member

"I've been watching the Rockets since the Mitchell Wiggins/Sleepy Floyd HSE days. I know my Rockets better than anybody"?:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Anybody?

Big E, Murphy, Rudy T, Malone....that's quite a bit of Rockets history that you NEVER saw!!!

19. tinman

Supporting Member

I don't believe this guy.

In my opinion, anyone who has even seen the 86 Rockets and the Clutch City teams understands what a true superstar does and what true playoff dominance is.

If he truly saw the 86 Rockets, that's the real "what if" team

And Moses Malone would make Tmac cry

20. tinman

Supporting Member

Nobody dealt Tracy McGrady a bad hand, he had a pot of 162 million dollars and folded before the flop , no turn and obviously no river.