1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Six

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rcoleman15, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

So let's recap what this episode meant.

1. Arya is truly dumb enough to leave herself open to being stabbed. The writers dumbed her down so much. Then after the Waif finds her, she's running through the streets with plot adrenaline. Getting up from the bed would've reopened her wounds. She should never have been able to move. But nope, plot adrenaline. Then she lures the Waif into her hideout and kills the light. There's no way Arya should've won. The Waif is more advanced than Arya, and had her training montage off-screen so she should know how to fight blind. But nope. Arya wins for plot reasons.

For the theory that Arya allowed herself to be stabbed to lure the Waif to her hideout, that makes NO SENSE. Arya could just be on guard the whole time to lure the Waif instead of allowing herself to be mortally wounded. Plus she has no motive to kill the Waif. Her plan was to leave Bravos and she didn't need to get rid of the Waif to do that. She could've just kept a low profile the whole time.

2. Cleganebowl unconfirmed. Getting unhyped. No more trial by combat. Womp womp.

3. Riverrun.... seriously? "But he's our Lord, I gotta follow his orders even if it's a trap." Come on. Are people incapable of thinking for themselves? And then lowering the bridge because he said so. Sigh... Were there any guarantees that they'd not be taken prisoner? And if Edmure's men were so loyal to him, why did they not surrender when the Freys were threatening him? The Blackfish meant nothing. What was the whole point of Riverrun? Was it only to intersect Jaime and Brienne's story to ship them? Is it to make Sansa even more desperate to ask Littlefinger for help, something she already sent a letter for?

This episode was so lame and made no sense at all.

2. HookemHorns1250

Didn't care for this episode at all.

Now the following episode has huge expectations. Have been hyped for this episode since the title of the show came out.

3. Duncan McDonuts

You know what, I forgot to mention Mereen in my recap. For once, it was not the worst part of the episode. By default, it was the best because everything else in this episode was so bad.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well if they had the same training on how to fight blind, a sword beats a dagger pretty much every time so there is reason to think Arya would win based on that.

5. Duncan McDonuts

The Waif is a better fighter. Arya's guts were coming out of her. The Waif should easily beat Arya with one hand.

6. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

To me the Riverrun thing was mainly about Jaime. He admired Blackfish growing up and so wanted to to speak to him in person and talk him into surrendering. He treated Edmure like how he wanted to be treated when he was a prisoner. He let Brienne through to talk to Blackfish and then let her leave Riverrun after noticing her and Pod on the boat. But his conversations with Brienne and Edmure shows him still with shallow tendencies with family comes first before honor theme.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I consulted an expert, he says it was just a wound.

[​IMG]

Even if the Waif was better, a sword is so much better than a dagger that if Arya was even halfway competent she should be able to kill the Waif with ease, especially if she didn't take her seriously as a threat.

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Often on this show a scene that seems pointless will set up something else. They came back to the books a little. If they keep with the books, it'll get really good (talking about Riverrun). But it might not.

There's a scene in the pre-season trailer involving Freys and Lannisters celebrating at The Twins. That could get interesting but, alas, we'll have to deal with an awesome Battle of the Bastards before we can get to all that.

9. Duncan McDonuts

The Waif wasn't phased when Arya pulled Needle out. The Waif should be more competent at fighting in the dark than Arya. I still don't buy that Arya had any advantage other than plot armor.

10. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. MystikArkitect

The Waif beat Arya when Arya had a staff and the Waif had nothing. No reason to think she couldn't easily turn Needle against her.

I was hoping not to have any more scenes of Tyrion trying to provide humor with Grey Worm and Missandei but alas, we got another one. It's unfortunate but having Tyrion babysitting Mereen is akin to having the Mountain as a bouncer at Westeros' swankiest club. There were a lot of plots that ended very oddly here. The entire Tully exchange at Riverrun was so odd. How is it that Blackfish has less say than Edmure when he is also a Tully and by all accounts should be higher ranking..?

Did Daenerys just ride Drogon back to Mereen and left the Dothraki behind? Did those three dudes literally murder an entire village of people? I know they didn't know how to fight but there was like a hundred of them.

12. crash5179

Why should the Waif be better at fighting in the dark than Arya? Does anyone have a clue if she had to live months of her life with no eyesight learning to fight without seeing anything? The Waif also probably had no idea that Arya was trained by the 1st sword of Braavos.

13. crash5179

For all we know the Waif never trained blind for months like Arya. Add to the fact that Arya was trained to use a sword by the 1st sword of Braavos. It's not a stretch to think that Arya easily bested her in the dark with no light to see by.

The Blackfish did not out rank Edmure. The Blackfish was not in the direct line of heirs as the Lord of House Tully as he was Edmure's uncle not his brother. The line of succession is passed down to the son not the brother.

For all we know the Dothraki are just outside the city. There is nothing to suggest that Deanerys just left the Dothraki hoard behind.

14. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

The river run thing makes sense. Those guys there didn't want to die. Following blackfish was death.

15. D-Lite

D-Lite Contributing Member

What was the rumor that Cersei was talking about?

16. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Just speculation but I'm thinking it has something to do with Wildfire. The Mad King had Wildfire stored all over the city. Tyrion utilized some of that when Stannis tried to invade but probably not all of it. I think she's about to lose it and take the whole city with her. That is until Jamie arrives and stabs her to save the city again. And no this is not book spoilers. Just my own guess. It would be almost the only justification for his scenes this episode. He wanted to get to Cersei as fast as possible and gave a speech about family over honor.

17. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

My guess was that she would try to blow the sept up, not the rest of the city. Why are we spoiler tagging this?

18. rcoleman15

rcoleman15 Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/eOzsR8Pk3TE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lyaVJyDZYU4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zAqFItC4w_g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/iHyPahZ1CV8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

It's only just aired a couple hours ago. I figured some people may not have watched yet. That said if she was just trying to blow the sept up, I don't think Jamie would be as inclined to intervene and kill her. If it's the whole city though then that's something he would intervene on as he's demonstrated before.

20. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I thought it had to do with identifying the true mastermind behind Joffrey's assassination... which is the something that Tommen may have tol her earlier that they intentionally didn't show.