1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

The Martian

7.5 / 10

Really good. Also this is probably the first good, big movie to come on HBO since I got the channel about 2 years ago.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

ROOTS - Part 1,2,3 And 4

10/10

Surprisingly Excellent Remake.

Rocket River

3. Chamillionaire

Just watched it. Funny. Lebron was hilarious. :grin:

Trainwreck 8/10 for me as well.

4. Chamillionaire

McFarland, USA 9/10

Great story.

5. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Spy - 8.5/10

zero expectations. jason statham needs to do more comedy.

6. dragician

dragician Member

Inside Man - 8/10.

Not much action but entertaining.

7. Chamillionaire

The Impossible - 8/10

Great story.

8. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

HUSH: 7/10 it was decently entertaining although my wife hated it because she though the main character was making stupid decisions. I just take that as part of the horror movie genre otherwise you would have a very short movie if the protagonist always was smart and did the right thing to kill the masked murderer.

Making a murderer: not a movie but a netflix series, very entertaining and thought provoking.

9. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

I saw this as well. 8/10 for me. I went into it thinking it was a real documentary though.

10. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

The Witch 6/10

This got rave reviews but the dialogue was a turn off, i couldn't understand what anyone was saying. The last 10 minutes is pretty intense and horrifying but the rest of the movie really wasn't.

11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Where was this showing?

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

Keanu - 9/10

Thas sum gangsta ass movie right thur. Imma be like Tectonic and Shark Tank when I grow up.

13. val_modus

val_modus Member

Knocked Up 10/10

Man it had been a while since I saw this one, but 5 minutes in and you realize the unbelievable rich cast they had for this movie. Not to mention, it's a good change of pace to see a Seth Rogan comedy not centered around weed. I don't have a problem with it, but again, I love their comedy so much that it is rewarding to see variety in their source material. In the end, I'd say this was probably a top 5 comedy in the 2000's.

14. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

The Abandoned - 6 of 10. On Netflix, reasonable acting with the few characters in the movie. The first 3/4th of the movie would have rated way higher, as it was genuinely scary without being too bloody/gory and despite the usual "no way someone does something stupid like..." . A few outright make you flinch/scream moments. The final 1/4 of the movie and conclusion were less scare and more confusing, not the least being why the female lead decided to take off her uniform blouse other than allow us the enjoyment of her in a wet tank top.

But the disappointing and confusing ending aside, well worth a view on Netflix. And not to be confused with the upcoming movie called Abandoned.

15. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Now You See Me 2 - 5/10

Heavy on movie magic, light on plot.

16. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

Now you see me 2
    7/10 had high expectations for this one
    My bf liked it even less
    Predictable but D retraining for the most part

17. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

18. cheke64

cheke64 Member

The conjuring 2. AMC 24 now has sofa recliners and serve alcohol. Movie was good and it actually had a good story.

1 person likes this.
  19. PhiSlammaJamma

Zootopia: 9/10

Interesting that they let the politician Lion get away with his actions, which in today's world would not happen, so that was worth thinking about but probably get's little thought.

Think it was saddest when the police receptionist lost his job. That felt real. hits home.

The first hour or so is so funny and cute. Then it gets a little serious and dark. So a little like Animal Farm there. I'd give it a 10 but thought the whole world turning on her and the Predators felt a little stretchy. And film noir aspect maybe a little too over the top given the cuteness early on.

20. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

Joy - 7.5/10 The beginning was kind of all over the place, but once it settled down the story became enjoyable to watch. Lawrence was good as always.

The Big Short - 10/10 Explaining complex economics is not easy, but they did a hell of a job explaining greed. The only thing I could think of after this movie was "how soon we forget".

The Danish Girl - 8/10 Redmayne gave a solid performance and even though it started off slow it was Viklander's performance that made the movie.

The Martian - 8.5/10 Good movie, good story, good acting by Damon and some obvious cliches thrown in for good measure.