1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cynthia Cooper will replace Lisa Malosky

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 1, 2003.

1. Absolut_RoxFan

Absolut_RoxFan Contributing Member

Dude, what are you smoking??? Lisa Malosky was not T & A, she was more like Gorilla and Long Hair. Or Gorilla and Bad Wardrobe. Or just plain Gorilla, man. Cynthia Cooper at least knows basketball. If you ask me, we should sign the Miller Lite chicks. :D

2. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

12 draining innings capped with absolute horror, and now this.

With Wake pitching game 2, I really might not make it past friday.

:(

3. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

lets just pray walt williams doesn't get cut from the mavericks or something in the next 48 hours or else it might not be long for you in this world.

4. Matador

Matador Member

:( I dislike the decision. :(

Malosky was the best!

5. xcharged

xcharged Member

No Dominique Sachsa...

That would have been my #1 draft pic.

6. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Hell yeah...

"Now we go to Dominique Sachsa, who is lying naked in a hot tub, with the halftime report..."

7. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

Malosky will be famous eventually, this will just make her work harder.

Now all the Rockets half time show needs is a bona-fide comedian!

Any suggestions?:rolleyes:

8. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

HEY!!

Lisa had her moments...she made her share of mistakes, but personally still liked her. Cooper is a VERY intelligent and articulate woman. She will do just fine, she is charismatic and knowledgeable about the game she lives and loves. I'm wondering why you made that comment? :confused:

9. Nero

Nero Member

I second the Air Bull Halftime Report!

hehehe although, the idea of Dominique
    naked in a hot tub doing the halftime show
    would definitely go a long way towards
    helping me cut down on halftime refrigerator
    raids.. ;)

10. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I think you guys missed the fact that the halftime will expand to include Cooper AND Haggadorn.

..the studio crew will expand from Malosky to Cooper, a member of the Comets' four WNBA championship teams, and Jeff Hagedorn, the Comets' radio play-by-play voice.

If they really do want to rival TNT, they would need a third or at least have a guest during the halftime segments.

But, if Haggadorn is reading highlights and cooper is there to play Sir Charles to Haggadorn's EJ, it sounds like a significant upgrade.

11. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

12. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Damn Edit POST not working!!

What I meant to say was...

It's going to take a lot to match the TNT show....

13. bottlerocket

bottlerocket Member

Big Deal!

I'm ready to see some Rocketball!

Tired of yappin'!

14. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

LOL good point... but a hot looking gorilla with long hair.. its like every game u would hope that something drops.. that keeps u in suspense :eek: jp

we need lisa foronda!

15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I hope Coop is better talking to the TV audience (which she can't see) than she is talking to a live person, i.e., I met her once, she was nice, but seemed a little soft-spoken/reserved (and I am not exactly intimidating). But as I say, in person and to a camera, could be a different story.

16. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Tim's comments about the Rockets' halftime show rivalling Fox or TNT are an absolute joke. The halftime show on tv is already rinky-dink (the score reports are about 30 minutes delayed) and low-budget looking, now without the professionalism of Malosky, it will take on an added element of amateurism with Cooper. Cooper has no experience with this type of role, a role which is much different than the classic color commentator role that ex-players are typically assigned to. This is a leadership role and one where you can't get by with a few off-the-cuff remarks a la Sir Charles on TNT. This role actually requires hard work. This is a major downgrade. Thank goodness for Gene Peterson and Jim Foley on the radio -- they are infinitely better than listening to Calvin's insanity.

Yet another "what the heck are they thinking" directed towards the Rockets' marketing group.

17. Franchize3

Franchize3 Member

Dude, you're right on the mark. Very insightful post (which is more than I can say for all the idotic insults regularly posted by the juveniles here.)

Impossible trade ideas, insults, wanna-be BBS moderators.... Geez. This message board needs an upgrade.

18. Franchize3

Franchize3 Member

Insanity aside, you must admit Calvin is an excellent basketball anaylyst.

19. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I heard the ESPN boards are looking for another guy that uses 'Z' in place of their 's'.

Feel free to make it your new home. :rolleyes:

20. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

So, is EVERY problem related to the Rockets marketing department? Let's hope the national economy gets back on track, or Tim could be looking for a new job pretty soon...