1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Six

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rcoleman15, Jun 20, 2015.

1. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Tired of Danys speeches, they have no effect on me anymore. Episode should have ended with Arya in that dark cave/tunnel blowing the light after the waif and jaquen talk about going after her.

2. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Very interesting indeed.

Yup, Ramsey vs Jon/Sansa.
    a Spoiler within a spoiler.. speculation and leaks regarding this episode and a certain character don't open if you don't want to.
    fairly certain Jon will win but Rickon will die in the process.

I'm sure Arya will be victorious, it has been said only 1
    Stark will die this season
    and it isn't Arya.

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dany got all these leadership skills out of her ass. Her only experience was Khal Drogo boning her into oblivion, and somehow she became a mix of Lawrence of Arabia and William Wallace. So annoying... She doesn't have to work for anything...

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

When she was 13 yrs old, Dany's brother said this the night she impressively ate the horses heart, and gave her first speech to name her soon to be born prince, Rhaego. "They love her." "I am the heir of the greatest dynasty ever. And no one has ever given me what they gave to her in that tent. Who can rule without Wealth, Fear or Love. And she has it."

And that was the same day she realized she cannot burn,,,that she is a "Dragon" not her brother. Get over it boys. She was born to lead. She was born with more "leadership skills" than half the lords in the 7 kingdoms...certainly more than her brother and Mad King father.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Actually . .. I was wondering when 'the boys' would realize they were being slow walked into a 'feminist' show LOL

All the major characters now are mainly women
    I expected some dudes to wake up to it and be a bit upset
    Arya, Sansa, Cersei, Dany, Brienne, etc
    Sansa, Dany and Cersei, Margery being the major power players
    Kings are kind of weak and non important (which is why if Jon snow becomes
    something of a king he will be more figure head than anything)

Dany is just annoying to be though
    her story got bogged down too much

No way Ramsey makes it to the end
    Bran will play a part
    I want little finger to stay around but i suspect he will die

Rocket River

6. dback816

dback816 Member

Still enjoying the show but boy are there things that bother me severely.

I can't believe GoT's version of Bernie Sanders is still in power and actually gaining more support, now with the king on his side.

Didn't The King Beyond The Wall amass an army of a million or something? And that was without the Wildlings that were at Hard Home. How is the Wildling "army" down to just 2k capable men now

Why is Sam still in the show

Faceless Men started out cool and are now just douchebags. They need to pull some unbelievable mind twist to redeem this subplot, something that can hopefully also explain why we only ever saw two living members running around besides Arya.

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Her struggle and leadership abilities as presented in the show are Doo-Doo.

"BUT BUT BUT I'M THE QUEEN OF DRAGONS! WATCH ME RIDEEEEEEEE. MY TERRIBLE DECISIONS DON'T MATTER BECAUSE I HAVE PLOT ARMOR! WALLACE! WALLACE! WALLACE!"

Fack Offfffffff Dany... Probably more annoying than the terrible Sansa chapters, unreal.

8. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

https://youtu.be/8eKhUj_UfX0?t=4m30s

Mance in this scene says 100,000 strong. I get that Hardhome wiped out a decent chunk, Stannis killed even more and you have to factory in women, children, elderly, and the sick as incapable of fighting but I'd think the army would be more than just 2,000 soldiers. And actually I'll omit women from being incapable of fighting since Osha and Ygritte showed an ability to fight or at least defend themselves. Not to mention that now turned undead chick that got slaughtered by kids at the Hardhome battle. They kept pushing the free folk women as a different breed than your northern ladies like Sansa for instance. Meaning they're capable of fighting on their own.

9. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

How many soldiers do you think they were able to bring from hard home on those ships? Considering the Others and the Wights surprised attacked them when they first started loading the ships and the women and children went first, I would say they were lucky to get 2,000 warriors with them.

10. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Dumb, noble Wildlings. They should have done it the other way around. Have the women and children fight the Wights while the soldiers escape. At least when they fight again, it'll be strong men against child zombies with shorter reach.

11. dmoneybangbang

The show does a good job of seeing the effects of men and their pride/ego.

12. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/01cRm"><a href="//imgur.com/a/01cRm">Game of Thrones Pokemon</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

In before smug bookreaders complain about how fast Jaime gets from Kings Landing to Riverrun after tonights episode.

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Few things I'm looking forward to in tonights episode -

-Arya's story- Will we finally get conclusion as to what in the world the Faceless Men wanted with Arya all along in what seems to be the finale of this story? I'm assuming Arya gets away obviously, but how does it happen?

My guess - The Waif comes after Arya to kill her and Jaqen steps in at the last minute to stop the Waif and might even kill her. Jaqen then reveals why he's done what he's done, and why he wanted to bring her in to begin with. This would hopefully end in some quest for Arya to come back home for (as Arya, not as no one). Just as guess, but it would make the most sense to me, but what do I know.

-Jaime & the Riverlands - Jaime's arc in the books, and in the show before season 5 changes him in a way that largely impacts his arrival at the Siege of Riverrun. However in the show, he's sort of fallen back on that change, and seems to still be a bit angry and in the mood for revenge. Im looking forward to how Jaime handles the siege. Is it book Jaime or show Jaime because those two characters seem to be on two different paths. I hope its more of book Jamie we see here because I believe this is a big part of Jamie's final arc, and I want to see if he makes a cry for peace & honor or if he reverts back to old Jamie and learns nothing from his arc with the Bravecompanions/Brienne.

Also looking forward to what comes of Jaime and Brienne's reunion obviously. That will surely be the peak of this story, and have a big part of the conclusion. In the books we have a hint of what will go down, but don't know for sure.

-Jon, Sansa, and Davos - Should be pretty straight forward campaign to win support in the North, but it will be interesting to see if Jon is accepted among the northern houses or seen as a deserter or the Watch, or if he's viewed negatively because he was brought back from the dead, etc. I expect to see Davos really shine as the best political strategist in Westeros, and I don't expect to see a complex storyline here.

-Danny getting back to Mereen- Not sure if we will see much of Dany this episode. Will her and Tyrion be at odds when she returns and finds out that he's made peace with the slavers? Who will get to Dany first.... Theon/Yara or Euron??... i suspect Yara/Theon, and we all know that Theon and Tyrion know each other from season 1. I suspect that Tyrion and Dany will not make it to Westeros together, and it wont be a communal breakup.

-Big reveal looking forward to-

The Gravedigger aka The Hound's return. And they didn't cast someone that Ian McShane for a small role. Really interested to see how this plays out, and what kind of person the Hound is upon his return. Since Ian McShane is rumored to be playing a Septon Is there enough time in the season for the Hound to get back to Kings Landing and fight for the faith against The Mountain in Cersei's trial by combat?

Other big one-
    Obviously Lady Stoneheart's arrival or who is substituted in place of LSH. The big plot here is LSH capturing Brienne, and ordering her to kill Jamie or let Podrick and herself die. The story seems to indicate that Brienne chooses to live and kill Jaime, but the chapter ends shortly after. If the show substitutes LSH for someone else, how do we get to this plot of Brienne needing to betray her loyalty to Jamie to potentially kill him? Anyone else ordering Brienne to do so will likely not get it done. Maybe Sansa at this point, but she's nowhere close. Either way, if we are getting LSH, and the potential Brienne & Jaime plot, I would think that LSH has to appear in this episode.

Also really looking forward to see the Brotherhood without Banners again. Even in the show I found them a pretty entertaining bunch of guys who really have some interesting characters. This season really is almost too jammed packed to spend much time with them, but glad to see they weren't in season 3 for no reason, and will likely be back this episode.

15. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

The High Sparrow is a hell of a wingman.

16. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Hope arya doesnt die

17. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Enjoyed the episode but wasn't it a lot shorter than normal?

It'd be stupid to invest all this time in Arya and she dies to the waif. I don't see it going that route.

18. rcoleman15

rcoleman15 Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fIOiAfEIk_g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/g-f_Nl3cURQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DIhvjG1Ohx0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3A-B8d-ZdBQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

dis gon be good

20. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

This episode was another episode just setting up the table for something bigger. Interesting preview though. We saw the waif girl chasing Arya and at the very end we saw the Mountain killing one of the sparrows that might have been Lancel.

By the way, does anyone have any idea who Sansa was sending that letter to? Little Finger maybe?

My prediction is that the Black Fish surrenders on the condition that he be allowed to take his men and Edmure and go to the North. I think that is the discussion we saw Jamie and Brianne having. Brianne is going to convince the Black Fish to take his men and join John and Sansa to retake Winterfell.

With the Black Fish and the men from the Vale (if Little Finger brings them), John and Sansa could have a far larger army than they originally expected. John has proven to be a great warrior but now we get to see if he is as good of a tactician as Rob was.