1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Draymond Green being protected by Silver some more

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TesseracT, May 30, 2016.

1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

stu jackson said that their policy is not to try and judge intent. and then kiki comes out and gives a long explain-away about how they don't think draymond really intended to kick adams in the nuts so draymond shouldn't be suspended. go figure..

2. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

The thing that turned me off from the NBA is the commissioner always trying to benefit the best, most profitable team like the Warriors. The NBA wants their team to win it every year. The Warriors are a great team no doubt but the things they can get away with, constant dirty plays by Green with no consequences, favorable calls and no calls on countless illegal screens.

Adam Silver is trying so hard to make the Warriors the best team ever. It's like the NBA are so desperate to dethroned the Bulls so they are doing everything they can to help the Warriors accomplished that. Green should have been suspended plenty of times. He had tried to injured so many players this year alone. So often he would throw a player onto the floor and the referees would turn a blind eye. The excuses they make for him is ridiculous.

The NBA has lost a lot of fans throughout the years because of how they traded integrity for profitability. So many games are rigged. Drafts are rigged. Stars get special treatment. The fact that Jones from the Cavs got suspended for tapping another player in the groin while Green gets a slap on the hand for kicking another mans groin twice tells it all

1 person likes this.
  3. Caesar

Caesar Member

It's already too late for that. The Warriors have 1 more loss than the 96 Bulls regular season + playoffs. I expect Warriors will probably lose 2 more.

On top of that, the Bulls weren't some 2 win championship team, they were a 6 time champion in 8 years. 2 different 3 peats. Could have realistically won a 4th in a row in 99 short lockout season if the Bulls stayed together that final year. Might as well have finished off the full decade of dominance. NBA has a long road ahead of them to make the Warriors better than that.

4. Caesar

Caesar Member

I meant to finish by saying that people probably said the same thing about Stern making the Bulls better than the Lakers and Celtics. There's no conspiracy. The Warriors are just the best team in basketball for this type of league.

5. mac2yao

mac2yao Member

And, of course, the NBA has no reason to want to "knock off the Bulls." Yeah, the Bulls a real disappointment and eyesore for the league--the sooner that Jordan guy, the player who pushed the NBA into the stratosphere, is forgotten, the better. I'm sure that's what the NBA is thinking.

Seriously, the conspiracy theories get dumber and dumber every year.

6. Caesar

Caesar Member

I don't think he meant that. I think he meant surpass Bulls for Silver's legacy. Stern's legacy is the end of the Lakers and Celtics dynasties followed by the entire reign of the Bulls. So the conspiracy is that Adam Silver is allowing the NBA to build up the Warriors as the GOAT team for his league to profit and ensuring his own legacy.

That of course is absurd.

7. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

yeah i've never noticed his head actually hitting the floor. maybe i'm just not noticing something.

as for the kicks, it is a little weird. it's like the league has just literally decided that they won't even penalize him a little for the kicks. if people are posting these things on social media, the league can't really pretend they don't notice. they just have decided that green basically can't be suspended or fined or anything unless it basically rises back up to the level of the adams play.

8. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

9. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

I shudder to think what would, or in this case, wouldn't happen if draymond just straight up socked a ref in the face.

$10k fine prolly. Nothing more.

10. Rhay1

Rhay1 Member

I'm waiting for the day when Green kicks the ***t out of one of his own team mates. The ref's will probably call a flagrant on the other team's closest player after watching film for about twenty minutes....:eek:

11. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

This thread is like the 30% of Americans who will vote for Trump.

12. dmoneybangbang

The Warriors current MO is to make the league call it. If they can get away with something then they'll keep doing it.

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I don't get it.

On a different note, Green was flopping shamelessly throughout finals game 1.

Don't even get me started on Anderson Varejao. How that guy still gets away with coming off the bench to flop and change possession 3 times per game....

14. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

You know .... the angry, crazy, conspiracy theorists..

I wonder though that if you (not you) really believe that the league is fixed, why are you here? Why do you watch? Nothing better to do?

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Donkey up to his antics again. Subtle shot to the nuts!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">League office will need to take a look at the Draymond Green incident. Clear shot below the belt.</p>&mdash; Bobby Marks (@BobbyMarks42) <a href="https://twitter.com/BobbyMarks42/status/741483896789970944">June 11, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">LeBron James and Draymond Green get tangled up; James steps over Green <a href="https://t.co/dAjxpU4C6Y">pic.twitter.com/dAjxpU4C6Y</a></p>&mdash; Kenny Ducey (@KennyDucey) <a href="https://twitter.com/KennyDucey/status/741473407888457728">June 11, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

#75 J.R., Jun 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
  16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

This would be, what, third time he's saved?

17. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

he's just an aggressive rebounder, trying to grab all the loose balls :eek:

18. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

:grin:

19. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I missed the first shot below the belt (I only saw when he tried to hit James after the fact) I didn't understand why James was so Angry. Now I understand.

So that is the third time he hit a player in the balls this play-offs? Interesting if he does it 3 times and not get suspended once (when 1 was actualy upgraded to a Flagrant foul 2). Interesting.

I am not saying that the league wants the warriors to win. But they do let Green get away with a lot of stuff.

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i missed that shot too, green is a sneaky little b****. understand now why james got so pissed off with a couple of minutes still left in the game since he usually has his head in the game. silver probably won't even acknowledge or comment on this.

interesting how, just like in the last 2 game of the okc-gs series, the league suddenly decided to go with the "let them play" policy. there were so many dozens of uncalled hacks in this game it looked like rugby