1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron chokes again

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rockets Pride, Feb 13, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Oracle

Oracle Member

Anthony Parker was an excellent SG. One of the top 3-point shooters at the time and very good defensive player. He was the main reason that Toronto got to the playoffs (twice). A very unselfish team player that every coach want's to have on his team. Anthony Parker was a starter all of his NBA years. He was not the reason why Bron failed.

2. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Your make Anthony Parker sound like an all-star (smh):rolleyes:. The guy was a decent NBA player but was never a top player at his position in the league.

3. Steve_Francis_rules

That makes Bill Russell the greatest ever then, right? I'm pretty sure every other star player in the history of the league has "lost 5 rings." Hint: you lose the ring even if you lose BEFORE the finals.

4. Steve_Francis_rules

There is so much wrong with this post I don't know where to start.

Parker played with a guy in Toronto named Chris Bosh, who averaged 21/11 and 22/9 the two years Parker "was the main reason that Toronto got to the playoffs" (with averages of 12ppg both seasons). While Toronto was actually better without Bosh the second of those two years, they were 3-10 without him in 2006-07.

Parker averaged 7 points per game and shot 43% from the field for Cleveland in 2010. I know this stat isn't everything, but he had a 9.9 PER.

Despite you remembering him as a very good defensive player, he did not receive a single vote for the All Defense teams that year. Hell, even Luis Scola received multiple votes that year.

But ultimately, this is all you really need to know about the guy: as soon as someone mentioned Anthony Parker being on that Cavs team, my immediate association with his name was that he was the brother of Candice Parker. Yes, when you are an NBA player and you are best remembered as the brother of a WNBA player, you probably weren't that good, certainly not third-best player on a legit championship team good.

5. Steve_Francis_rules

Just as another note on Anthony Parker, would anyone here take him over any of these guys:

Lamar Odom/Pau Gasol
    Jason Terry/Shawn Marion
    Vince Carter
    Paul Pierce/Kevin Garnett

Those were the guys with the 3rd, 4th, or 5th most minutes on the other championship competitor teams that season.

6. mac2yao

mac2yao Member

Anthony Parker was a thorough mediocrity. I'm honestly shocked at LeBron James hate runs so deep that someone would try to prop Parker up as a legitimate driver of team success just to pretend that James had tremendous teammates back then.

For land's sake, the guy spent most of his prime in Europe because he wasn't a particularly desired NBA player. And very good defensive player? He ran mediocre to terrible defensive ratings throughout his career. He did come back from Europe with a nice three-point stroke, though, so he was a fine precursor to Anthony Morrow.

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Single stupidest post of the year in what is one of the dumber threads around.

Pick up your trophy in the dumpster behind circle k.

8. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

LMFAO and yet again best team and MVP for Golden State but if LeBron loses he is a massive choker.
    Where are the Durant choke threads when he won MVP and didnt even make it to the finals? Oh wait. Westbrook injured? Is that your next dip**** argument? Ok then dont try to dismiss Kyrie and Love's injuries last year.

#2488 RedRedemption, Jun 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
  9. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

Somebody did create a Durant choke thread already.

10. Steve_Francis_rules

Bad post from a Lebron fanboy.

You're obviously forgetting the greatness of and the accolades showered upon the likes of Boobie Gibson, Sasha Pavlovic, JJ Hickson, Joel Anthony, and Mario Chalmers before they had the misfortune of playing with the stat-stuffing, teammate-destroying choker that is Lebron James.

11. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

looking through his profile, he was certainly better than "i can't even remember that guy" because i can certainly remember worse players. i remember smush parker, so not sure why i can't remember anthony parker.

but at the end of the day, he was still just a nice role player. a guy who is maybe a 5th starter or 6th or 7th man off the bench on a championship team.

kind of like mo williams was a good point guard. but a guy who is at best a 3rd player on a championship team, and probably only if you have a kobe/shaq or westbrook/durant level duo.

these guys just shouldn't be second and third on a 60 win team.

12. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

So going 2-5 in NBA finals is an accomplishment ?

13. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

Not to mention he had to run away to play with talent to get 2 of those.

14. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

This is the first time I entered this thread. Wow. You guys have a lot of hate in your hearts.

15. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Dude has been bumping this post for 5 straight seasons.
    It's not normal.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

[rQUOTEr]OAKLAND, Calif. -- As a member of the Golden State Warriors' front office, Jerry West is hoping to beat LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers in the NBA Finals. If that happens, West will feel a kinship with James that few can relate to.

James is trying to avoid becoming the fourth player in Finals history to lose five series. No one lost more than West, whose 1-8 Finals record with the Los Angeles Lakers dogs him to this day. Because of that, West has found himself repeatedly defending James' honor and did so again Saturday with the Warriors holding a 1-0 series lead.

"That's the most ridiculous thing. If I were him, I'd probably want to strangle [detractors]," West said. "He's carried teams on his shoulders. He's been to the Finals six straight times. How many times has he been the favorite? None. Zero. Grossly unfair to him.

"I don't want to sound like Donald Trump, but it's hard for me to believe someone doesn't recognize his greatness. This guy does everything, and he's competitive as hell. Frankly, I wish people would leave him alone."

After losing in the 2011 Finals, James reached out to West to discuss how he coped with losses during his career. West told James a story about how he almost punched out a man who heckled him as he was jogging in Los Angeles in the summer after a Finals loss. And West told LeBron how rewarding overcoming the scrutiny can be.

"It's no fun to get there that many times and not get the results you want, regardless of how you played," West said. "In the playoffs, the best players are supposed to play better. I did. It made no difference."

West compared getting to the Finals and not winning to being a child walking by the window of a candy store, seeing the candy and not being able to have any. He said that three times after Finals defeats he wanted to quit the game.

James, who has talked about going into bouts of depression after Finals losses, said he can relate. He is 2-4 in the Finals in his career.

"I think it bothers me in the fact that's how competitive I am," James said. "[Going] 3-1 still bothers me in state championships [in high school]. It's just the competitive side. If I lose in a game of H-O-R-S-E to my son, it's going to bother me. But as far as how people look at it and things of that nature, that doesn't bother me. I mean, my career will speak for itself when I'm done with it, no matter what my Finals record [is]. Some people never get here at all. I'm at seven up to this point. Heck, that's over half my career I've been in the Finals. So that doesn't bother me. What would bother me is if I went out there and didn't give it everything I've had."

Earlier in the postseason, James spent time before games and while traveling reading West's autobiography, "West on West." James has read the book several times.

"It was flattering [he was reading my book]," West said. "He knows that I like him. He knows I admire the way he plays."

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/201...y-west-defends-nba-finals-record-lebron-james[/rQUOTEr]

17. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Taking your team the the Finals 7 times is pretty impressive.

18. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

[rquoter]"That's the most ridiculous thing. If I were him, I'd probably want to strangle [detractors]," West said. "He's carried teams on his shoulders. He's been to the Finals six straight times. How many times has he been the favorite? None. Zero. Grossly unfair to him.[/rquoter]

Pretty sure that's not true and he was favored every time he was in the Finals when on the Heat.

19. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I don't think they were the favorites on that 4th one. The spurs were wrecking shop on everyone that year.

20. mac2yao

mac2yao Member

Yeah, the Heat were definitely not favored in 2014. I can't remember who was the favorite in 2012, when the Heat faced the Thunder. Both were hugely hyped at the time.