1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] X-Men: Apocalypse

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, May 1, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Jontro

Jontro Member

Was browsing around, apparently there's a decent (a bit dark) cam version floating. Worth the download? I want to see it in theaters but haven't had the time.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I loved the comics and used to watch the cartoons.

I think it is better than the original trilogy

3. Rox_fan_here

Rox_fan_here Contributing Member

Just saw it with the wife. Put us down with the group of people that had low expectations and really enjoyed it. As a matter of fact, I enjoyed it even more than Civil War, which was a good movie. The second half of the final battle was just awesome.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Agree on J-Law, she was used moderately and her role made sense this time around.

The horseman were the worst part of the movie to me. The way they went about recruiting them... not a great idea trying to cram that in a 2.5hr movie.

Psylocke + Angel angle would have been a nice nod. Angel was another poorly handled part. Give me the rich mutant, not this trailer trash version.

Phoenix Force - I think in the comics it's revealed it does actually come from within her at some point. But I also think other heroes have controlled the Phoenix entity, so I'm not sure. I still think they're open to space having something to do with the full Phoenix force showing up. I hope they sit on the Phoenix story for a while, I don't want to see that yet in the next movie.

Sinister would be a great villain. But I'm not sure he's going to be in X-Men, he might be in the Wolverine movie. Which would be a reasonable way to squeeze the mutates, freaks, dinosaurs, etc.. into the storyline (like the comic version). Maybe Old Man Logan takes place in the Savage Lands. I think Singer mentioned Proteus might be the next X-Men villain.

5. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

JLaw wasn't quite as bad as I expected, but their excuse for why she was human for half the movie was horse****. Horse...****.

Horsemen were meh, agreed.

Angel as usual was fodder.

Phoenix: this constantly pisses me off how they do this incorrectly. They keep claiming they want to do it justice because of how X3 portrayed her and then they essentially do the same thing.

In the comics at some point it's implied that she's as powerful without Phoenix, but that was a recent thing. Phoenix is a cosmic entity and basically protector of the multiverse (M'Kraan crystal). I feel like this would open up the X-Men universe to a cosmic side of things with the Phalanx, but they wasted the opportunity yet again.

I dig Sinister, but agree I'm not sure if he'll be in X-men or Wolverine (or both).

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

when politically correct goes overboard

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/rose-mcgowan-calls-out-x-men-billboard-that-162518329.html

Rose McGowan Calls Out ‘X-Men’ Billboard That Shows Jennifer Lawrence Being Strangled

The Hollywood Reporter

June 3, 2016

[​IMG]

7. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

How the eff do you show a gay male being strangled by a hetero? Do you make him look super fabulous so the audience will know? She's such an idiot. Casual violence? The guy's name is friggin Apocalypse. Not sure how less casual she needs it to be?

8. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Sounds like Rose McGowan is dumber than I initially thought. It's a damn movie poster with a purple guy on it strangling a blue woman. OH NO! NOT DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AGAINST BLUE WOMEN PERPETRATED BY PURPLE MEN! I WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS!

9. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

It isn't just her. Multiple articles have talked about it. Never mind these characters aren't even human and Mystique has been played by a dozen male actors. Or that they are fine with violence against men. If it was Mystique choking someone out it would be applauded by the same morons who never gave a crap about comic books or video games or these characters until now.

10. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Who is Rose McGowan and why should we care what she thinks?

11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Pretty funny. :grin:

But seriously, why don't we just skip this latest opportunity to be OUTRAGED? We can just, like, talk about the movie and ignore this Rose person. She clearly has no clue about this stupid genre.

12. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Obviously just giving her a neck massage from the front.

13. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

On top of that, in the end mystique is on the winning side.

14. tinman

Supporting Member

A woman, Sansa Stark , took him out

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

well . . .Mr Sinister's real name is Nathaniel Essex
    Check the Brief case at the end.

Rocket River

16. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

What in my post gave you the impression I didn't know that? I said I'm not sure which movie he's going to show up in, and no one knows. It could be one, it could be the other, it could be both.

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

10$ says XMen

Rocket River

18. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Could be, but there's been rumors of X23 (female clone of Wolverine) in the next Wolverine movie and since it's his last (Hugh Jackman) you'd think they'd want to hype it up a bit.
    Plus that was Wolverine's DNA at the end among others.

19. tinman

Supporting Member

$99

[​IMG]

20. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Just came back from a viewing and I know why so many people found this movie hard to grasp:

Apocalypse is a weak cinematic character. His motives are completely unexplained and inconsistent with everything he does. In first 10 minute of the movie, he is characterized as GOD - Elohim, Yahweh, Krishna, Ra, etc. are all past incarnations of En Sabah Nur or The First One. That's basically all the motive Apocalypse needs in this movie to kick ass. He is God who has come back to RULE the earth.

See, I imagined Apocalypse would awaken and simply demand that everyone, mutants and humans alike, WORSHIP him like in ancient times. That would become the central conflict of this movie, an angry vengeful God like one from the Old Testament demands absolute submission or else he brings the apocalypse upon the world.

Some mutants would give into worshiping him and become the Four Horsemen while others like Prof. Xavier and his children would resist and fight against it. You'd have a struggle not between the cliched good vs. evil but instead freedom/choice vs. slavery/submission. Now, that would have made a compelling story instead of the political crap Singer came up with about Apocalypse destroying the world just so he can rebuild a better one. Whatever that means? Earth is too corrupt, humans are terrible, let's kill them all. That's the most rehashed motive for a villain in of all of cinema.

1 person likes this.