1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If we hire Mike D'Antoni, should we bring back Jeremy Lin?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, May 18, 2016.

?

If we hire D'Antoni and Lin opts out, should we bring back Lin?

1. Yes! Third time's the charm!

46.0%
  2. No! Make ClutchFans great again!

54.0%
  1. coffeelover665

Lin is pretty important to the Hornet's defense. His 3 ball has improved and he's not out of control attacking the lanes anymore. He doesn't gather the ball and then jump and do a wild pass if there's no open lane. He probes a lot now like Nash did back in the day. I doubt he would come back though, Rockets really mistreated him. But a Lin D'antoni reunion would be awesome basketball to watch.

2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

How exactly? If anything Rockets treated him above what his worth with that exorbitant contract.

3. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Wow, the ****ing votes are evening... Wtf, this place is sinking faster than the franchise.

Lololol, if Lin comes back a 3rd time, I don't know what's worse??! the player (who was pissed on by the franchise), or the team for basically admitting they've ****ed up repeatedly. I'm going to say Lin should take the money if Les offers it, but I'll also have to say the Rockets are worse than I thought. Lin is an alright bench player, he's not worth some crazy contract (I mean if the goal is to win, and not worry about merchandise sales). Les though... He's Probably more interested in money and buying another wine spot.

Now if we're going for a people award, sure, sign Lin and Dwight to max. Hey at least they'll do stuff for the local community. At this rate that might be the best option!

" what bball team? We have a team of community volunteers! "

4. coffeelover665

I don't think exorbitant is the right word here. Brewer is getting paid Jeremy Lin's money right now, and he's ways worst. 8m/year is above average at best.

Was bought in to be the number one option, got demoted when we got Harden, got demoted when we got Bev, was disrespected in that Melo recruitment poster

(and don't give me crap about "it's just a number" if you have ever played organized basketball for school, you would know that your number is your identity. We basically said, "you're not important to us.")

then traded for Eurostash peanuts to the Lakers, a move which I don't really like as we're trying to win now with a prime Harden and an aging Howard but whatever.

Last but not least, He was on our flight back to the bay area from Vegas on Memorial Day and we talked a bit. I congrats on finding a good home and asked him how he felt if D'antoni was our coach, he said he loved coach D'antoni and would love to play for him again, but he really likes it at Charlotte. I felt bad because he was in the corner with his hats down didn't want to be seen and then everyone wanted a picture with him, he was getting annoyed haha.

5. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

After his airing of the dirty laundry in public, I lost respect for him.

He is a mediocre player and horrible unprofessional person. I do not want him on this team, he is not worth the headache.

1 person likes this.
  6. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

There are at least 30 PGs better, he's well below average when talking about starters.

7. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

how is getting demoted considered being mistreated? he was outperformed, thus he was demoted. would you rather someone worse be playing more minutes? :confused:

1 person likes this.
  8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Lin averaged 32 and 29 mpg for the Rockets in his 2 seasons-- more than he ever did for any other team. His usage rate as a Rocket is also comparable to what his usage rate was as a Hornet. I don't know how he interacted with coaches, front office people or other players, but the guy certainly didn't get shorted on minutes or touches in Houston.

9. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

he also started 115 games out of the 153 that he played! :eek:

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I know a place where Lin fans can go that's actually hotter than Houston in the summer

11. Rocket_Man_2.0

Hell yes...he's better than Patrick Beverly! Plus he gives us another creator!:rolleyes:

12. boiler

boiler Member

I guessed I missed it. What dirty laundry did he air in public?

This is new to me. I thought most people agree Lin is an average PG but with good character?

13. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Yes Rockettes/Dantoni need to sign,
    Ryan Anderson
    JLin or Seth Curry
    Anthony Morrow
    & lastly resign DMO

Lin or Seth
    Harden
    Morrow
    Ryan Anderson
    Dmo

WOOOT 150+ points here we come! (scored or allowed not sure)

14. Miracles

Miracles Member

Conley will sign with the Spurs sadly.

#155 Miracles, Jun 2, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2019
  15. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Hell to the no.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Lin and Harden play identical games - drive and score, only Harden is way better at it, we only have room for one high turnover volume dribbler - let's surround Harden with players that fit.

Lin is not one.

DD

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Wow, horrible and unprofessional? Either you really hate this guy for something you think he did to you or your on your rag. Lin is done with Rockets and vice versa but you don't have to be a total drama queen about it.

Friggin let it go.

18. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

While Lin is not the worst player we out there (actually one of the OK ones out there), but I would prefer trying to get Conley instead if possible. To me, KD is a pipe dream. I would rather gun for Horford and Conley right off the bat and then see if there is enough money for Anderson/Noah/Pachulia.

Conley/Bev would be a nice 1-2 when we play small ball and being guarded by Conley then Bev would really suck for opposing PG's. Bev's D sucks at 30+ minutes per game, but 20 minutes would be a different story. UNLIKE Bev... he can actually make something happen on offense and run an offence. I love you Bev, but you borderline stupid in this department.

Horford is a pro and a team player, unlike someone who shall be left unnamed, will set hard screens before rolling. he can also PnP all day and OMG he can make his FT's!!! If we play small ball with Conley/Bev/Ariza/Harden/Horford, that's going to be a team that give Harden some REAL spacing. Defensively, it should hold too. Harden is actually a pretty good post defender due to his strong base.

If we can get Anderson somehow, oh man! Pipe dream yes, but one can dream of Anderson after Conley and Horford than KD period. Especially if we can get D-Mo back and healthy again? That perimeter 4/5 PnR would be hilarious to watch. Anyways, point is, it will be awesome.

19. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

It was definitely exorbitant at the time based on a small sample fluke when he had everything going. Brewer just came off a decent season and the cap is expected to rise. Yes Brew is a bad contract but Lin was even worse at a time when no one knew about the cap rise.

So being demoted for better players is now disrespect? Utter nonsense. Harden is a multiple time MVP, Bev ended up being 2nd team ALL NBA defense.

He was traded for peanuts because he was just not worth it. He choked in two playoff series and was overall very mediocre. He was also traded because Rockets expected Bosh and had to move Lin's contract for that. It was a no brainer at the time

20. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

you were wrong.

* This is Clutch Time stats of the playoffs, 2016 :

[​IMG]