1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We gonna act like we didn't just hire a former COTY???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Orange, May 26, 2016.

1. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

He didn't D'antoni had his own system and Nash flourished in it. It's much different than Mchale overplaying Harden and encouraging constant ISO.

2. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

Point to a single quote orcircumstance where McHale said he encouraged constant ISO... Everything he said was opposite of that. Make up your own narrative more.

3. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

The starts aligned in Phoenix... Respectively ran into the Spurs.
    New York, never had the horses point guard was a big problem. Carmelo came but Amare wasnt the same.
    LA was a House of Cards benched Paul, Howard couldnt run the pick and roll Kobe and Nash (broken leg) fought for point guard duties. Nash played off the ball..
    Maybe just maybe he is due for success?

4. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Im not going to go into a Mchale battle he's gone. Hopefully MD does a good job.

5. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Hopefully, I think it's roster dependent. We need better shooters and guys who love to pick and roll.

6. Newlin

Newlin Member

You are really a bird brain. McHale constantly preached ball movement. Don't you remember McHale always talking about how the ball would get "sticky" when our offense struggled. McHale never encouraged ISO ball. You are one of the worst posters on this board. Just making stuff up.:rolleyes:

7. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Yeah I'm not getting to a Mchale fighting match with you either. He was fired get over it. I hope the best for MDA.

8. Newlin

Newlin Member

It's one thing to think McHale was a bad coach, but why just say something that is completely untrue? I guess your hate for the guy is so strong, you just can't help yourself. Whatever.

9. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

[​IMG]

Good time to backpedal. Horrible poster.

10. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I don't hate Kevin Mchale. Mchale lacked X's and O's that's well documented. So yeah he would say "The Ball is getting sticky" but he couldn't do anything to stop it, so everything just broke down into ISO.

11. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

More random nonsense from a guy using the 'everyone knows' logical fallacy to gain support. Make **** up more.

12. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

The day that people like you and Newlin think I'm a bad poster is the day I know I'm a great poster because you are probably two of the worst. You say I'm a bad poster but you haven't actually put forth anything substantive to prove your point just meaningless "You're a bad poster" "Mchale was great" posts that really don't effect me either way. I didn't ask for MDA or Mchale but I'm choosing to support MDA, get over it.

13. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Everyone does know that Mchale wasn't an X's and O's guy he said it himself, lol. Why are you so obsessed with Mchale anyway? He's no longer our coach.

14. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

Lots of fact based stuff full of substance in this post... Mad because you said something people recognize as wrong and too small of a man to not back off it?

15. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Actually I'm not mad at all. You seem to be the one upset, lol. You replied to me in a very angry manner. I haven't been name calling like you have. I was actually trying to be positive. I really don't care either way. Again neither MDA or Mchale are my choice but for me MCHALE IS GONE. JB IS GONE. I'm just fine with that, lol. I don't see how MDA will be worse than either of those guys. Overplaying Brewer, ISO Ball, lack of X's and O's. I'm really not sure what you're trying to accomplish by defending Mchale but I guess knock yourself out if it makes you happy, lol.

16. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

wow, coach of the year 10 years ago!?!

On his career he had 3 nice seasons at the Suns where he lived off Steve Nash's greatness (ok, helped him succeed on that front, no doubt). Before and after that, his system doesn't work, and he just gets angry at everyone that it isn't working.

Oh, and his Nash system didn't really work that well in the playoffs.

Yay. We got coach of the year....

17. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

Caps lock moar. I'm attacking the hiring of MDA and you just said a bunch of stuff that is patently not true. Bring it back to someone else if you want to obfuscate your loose typing more, but he clearly rode a two-time MVP's coattail and I don't remember anyone supporting ISO ball.

Next year, if Harden does the same stuff, will you be comfortable finally blaming him for the ISOs? Or will there be more scapegoats?

18. AggieDentist

AggieDentist Member

exactly. and nor do we have HOF MVP PG Steve Nash.

19. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Harden was not the only guy who tried to ISO all the time though, it was just the system. Jack threes and ISO. I mean if you want to blame Harden go right ahead. I disagree I think he needed help out there. Not just coaching but another superstar or guy who create for the team. I didn't hate Mchale my problem with him was if you are not going to have more talent with Harden then you need a coach good with X's and O's. I think MDA has a chance to do a good job and if he doesn't oh well. I mean I didn't ask for the guy anyway, but I do support him and hope he does well.

20. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

As has been said by multiple people, the Rox never practiced ISO plays during shootarounds/training camp/practice. The coaches have never said they want ISO plays (and have gone so far as to say they want the opposite). I just believe what my days of playing ball tell me, that the 'scorer' on the team will often break plays off to get theirs.

We will see this year if James plays inside a system and moves ball and body. Call me skeptical at present.