1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What would we have to pay Mike Conley next season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Yetti, May 25, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Mike Conley, Point Guard of 8 years experience, previously paid in 2015 -2016 the sum of $9,,680 000-
    WHAT WILL NE HAVE TO pay him?????? Y:p

2. marky :)

marky :) Member

New England has a team?!?!? :confused:

3. Nimo

Nimo Member

What would we have to pay? Since I'm involved, much more than I can afford. Sorry.

4. King901

King901 Member

More than the next team?

5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

4 years, $25 million per year... more or less.

He should definitely be a big target in FA.

6. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Am I the only one thinking that players contracts will level out at a certain point. Guys are getting ridiculous amounts! Conley is great, but he is older. This will probably be his last good contract, and you can assume he will digress over the course of it. Will he be worth over 20 mil a season?...

7. conquistador#11

12 million for the point guard experience. hopefully it comes with many happy endings.

8. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

You'll have to sell many more insulated cups if you ever want to be able to afford him.

9. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

someone will give him the max - or very near it... hopefully its us...

due to the cap jump, teams will have more money to spend than worthy players to spend it on... contracts this offseason are going to be stupid...

10. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Between 12--18 million a year.

11. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

Yup, he's no where near a $12 mil per year player (as some here have said) with the cap jump...

12. KiwiRocket

KiwiRocket Member

hes getting the max, no questions about it.

13. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i think 5 mil per is a fair price

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I like Conley and wanted him earlier, but he won't fit in with Harden in my opinion. His injuries are a matter of concern.

Pass up on him.

15. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

10 fine double piece suits should do it. I don't know what the latest high end brands are at the moment...

16. clos4life

clos4life Member

Out of curiosity, how does Conley perform vs. other NBA elite PGs? What are his defensive/offensive numbers vs. people like Westbrook, Curry, Lillard, CP3, etc.?

17. Play07

Play07 Member

Double what Lowry got

18. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

he's not even an all-star but he'll get the max offer from multiple teams.

19. AB423

AB423 Member

a bag of potato chips

20. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

We should have locked Lowry up for 12 mil a year when we had the chance. What a mistake its stuff like that imo were moreys clear lack of rosyer building shows. He's a great cap manager and would be a big asset to any team in the league he's bar none the best at making max cap room out of nothing and ppl like him no dount have a role in the NBA front office.

But imo Conley is not better than Lowry and with the cap jump included I personally Think he's worth 15mil a year on a contender. He's good enough to be you starter if you have one MVP caliber player ( harden ) but we don't have that 2nd Allstar level guy to pair with both and that's a problem. I'm not sure Horford is that guy but obviously if we can sign both guys you have to do it because it makes you a 55 win team instantly and if it fails their movable players that can fetch you a lot of assets.

I'm sure in reality he's going to get 20 mil a year. I don't think he's a max guy because it doesn't look like his own team is willing to offer him the max and that's usually a big indicator imo. He's a really good player but he's one of the more overrated players in the league imo he's not elite at anything just very solid at a lot of things which is fine and he should be paid but he'll never be a 20/7 guy no matter were he goes.

And I know many don't think so but I think he would pair up just fine with Harden. Ironically the PGs I would rather team harden up with Lowry and dragic we already had and could have had but failed to retain of get them again when we had the chance. Dame lillard would also be a great PG next to harden also.

We def need either a scoring PG with Allstar talent of an Allstar talent at the SF spot. To go with and upgrade at PF. Imo Capela will be just fine he showed flashes last year and is entering his 3rd year were things should slow down for him and he also will prb come back 15 pound heavier.