1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey needs to throw a max and do a sign/trade for Beal.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swishh, May 24, 2016.

1. Swishh

Swishh Member

Bradley Beal is a future star. He and Harden would be one of the best backcourts (strong potential to be #2). The problem is Washington will be forced to match. However, they might not feel too good about it. This is where the sign/trade comes in, which would entice them a bit more not to match Beal's offer sheet.

I'd literally put anything on the table except for Harden of course. His injuries are all random / not a recurring ankle/knee/etc. Anyone else wanna go all out for Beal?

Even with all that said, I know this is a huge long shot and Beal will almost assuredly remain on the Wizards.

2. Swishh

Swishh Member

Oh, and Beal plays defense from what I've seen.

3. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Beal would also bring some killer suits to our sideline.

5. Drake Remoray

Drake Remoray Member

Are you offering Capela in the deal?

If so, No.

6. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

who is our point guard?

7. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

he can defend most pgs from what i seen. he can also pass, handle the ball and make plays. though unconventional, rockets wont have to find a quality pg with beal and harden.

only thing i dont like about him is everyone knew he wanted the max. technically he's a near 20/5/5 guy when the wizards made the playoffs. i'd reluctantly take the risk only cuz we have harden. he can only get better anyway

8. Tha TC

Tha TC Member

Yeah, lets sign a often injured young guard who is on permanent minutes restriction due to his peg leg :eek:... Pass like Kobe's last possession

9. Vivi

Vivi Member

Maybe he would be good for traded :p

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

I'd trade anyone, but Brewer, for Beal.

11. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

This.

12. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

When have you seen this?

I think in 94.2% of the Wizards games I watched, Beal was wearing a suit.

13. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

Yeah that's a no for me dog

He's damaged goods.

14. houtown

houtown Member

It's crazy that this guy is only 22 years old at the moment. Seems like he is 28 and possibly still has great potential, but do not know if he is worth a max contract. Maybe for the Rockets, as the team is constructed, he might be worth a maximum contract similar to how Draymond Green is probably not worth a maximum for any other team but the Warriors. He shoots a good three point percentage, and when you have him interchanging between the shooting forward and shooting guard position with all the open threes the Rockets usually get, that percentage may go up during the season on the court.

15. StrawberryJamm

It'd be very risky with his injury history, but he may be the best shooter and fit outside of Durant. Beal taking all of Terry and Brewers minutes is the quickest fix to this teams problems I can think of.

16. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Injuries aside, would be a nice move. Play Beal at PG.

17. FearTheBeardJH

Beal has been terrible(average NBA player) so far in his career, what would make you think he will be star all of a sudden?

18. Vivi

Vivi Member

Because he's still very young and his peak is higher than what we've seen but yeah, not sure about him, a lot of injuries, no guarantee that he'll develop that much...but anyway i can't see the Wizards not match everything, they have no choice...i think.

19. StrawberryJamm

Definitely think that role of a pg/sg shooter next to Harden should be a very high priority. Eric Gordon should be considered as well.

20. Vivi

Vivi Member

Gordon is pretty similar in fact, but also injury prone the same way if not worse...he'll be cheaper though.