1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I would love for the Rockets to sign Biyombo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Levi, May 21, 2016.

1. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

I wish I could take Capela to my moms house for dinner 4-5 times a week. In a months time he'll fill out his skeleton body

2. PhiSlammaJamma

Would take anyone who can rebound at this point cause it's gonna get ugly.

3. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

The Thunder are convincing me that stocking up on rebounding is the best way to defeat the Warriors.

Unfortunately, they're also showing us that you have to be prepared for more than just beating the Warriors.

4. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

He hustles, plays team ball, rebounds like crazy, doesn't complain, has only missed one three point shot in his career (granted he has never made one but that's a lot of wasted opportunities for a turnover), has improved his free throw percentage every year (62.8% this year), and is neither a drunk nor a druggie. Sort of the opposite of the kind of player our front office values.

5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol. :grin:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="tl" dir="ltr">biyombo this summer <a href="https://t.co/0iFb63VhTE">pic.twitter.com/0iFb63VhTE</a></p>&mdash; Ally McReal (@aprilnicole82) <a href="https://twitter.com/aprilnicole82/status/734920785702326273">May 24, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Who wants to <strike>sex</strike> max <strike>Mutombo</strike> Biyombo?

7. Harden's beard

i wish we played Capela more, he could be our version of Biyombo

8. Drogba

Drogba Member

Capela is our Biyombo. Get rid of the cancer Dwight & let him show his true value.

9. Astrosfan1973

Astrosfan1973 Member

It would be nice if we pick a coach. At that point we could begin to know who would fill in their system. I haven't gotten my call yet for an interview. I coached our parish in a church league once. Seriously, if we are going to go strong on defense he would be ideal. If we want spacing and shooting who knows.

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Dwight has 500% the talent, 150% the length, and 80% the athleticism of Biyombo. Check that ego, Dwight. SMH.

11. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

no way toronto will let him walk... OP is just having another fantasy.

12. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

capela is 10 times crappier than biyombo

13. Harden's beard

I'm not so sure about 500% talent part

14. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

If we're spending big money via free agency, I'd rather have Whiteside.

15. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Capela is awhile away from Biyombo. Bismack's got more length, muscle mass, and is where you want Capela to be. If you can get Biyombo you try, but something tells me the Raptors will look to get rid of Valuncianas or however you spell his name....

16. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

[​IMG]

17. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Send Brewer and Capela to Chicago for Taj Gibson. Sure they're gonna eat Brewer's contract but they get a young front court player to replace Noah and Taj ain't coming back after next season.

Drop some dinero on Biyombo. A Biyombo/Gibson front court is more than enough in today's NBA.

18. Vivi

Vivi Member

For a first round exit maybe :grin:

19. malakas

malakas Member

I was under the impression that Toronto will not be able to afford Biyombo if they want to resign Derozan. And that was before this playoff perfomance. I think they don't have bird rights for him..? Only early bird rights. Is that correct?

20. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

You think I'm joking but look at the front court talent (or lack therof) right now in the NBA, or specifically in the West, and a BB/TG combo isn't bad.

Look at the final four teams left standing:

GSW: Bogut/Green
    OKC: Adams/Ibaka
    TOR: Biyombo/Patterson
    CLE: Thompson/Love

It's definitely not the days of Shaq, Duncan, Dirk, Webber, etc dominating inside anymore.

You just need players that are capable and won't screw up royally on the offensive end while contributing at a high level on the defensive end.

Of course the other weaknesses needs to be addressed but you can do a lot worse than a BB/TG frontcourt pairing. Hell, Portland succeeded with a Plumlee/Vonleh frontcourt this past year.