1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Team Bus

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dwhite, May 23, 2016.

1. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

IDK... Maybe it's an issue, maybe it isn't. If the org feels like its and issue than they should address it, if not then don't.

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

dating Kardashians is a bigger issue

3. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Depends on why he does it? Do you know why he does it?

4. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Harden travels seperate in order to have a peaceful pregame blow job

5. dwhite

dwhite Member

This was called out on NBA TV and they blamed not only Harden for doing it, but also Morey for turning his back on it and not addressing it. It was a panel of coaces and former players and they were certain it negatively has affected the team and its culture.

6. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Media being hypercritical of James doing something other players do without scrutiny? Nooooooooooooo, get outta here.

7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'd be curious to see that clip if anyone has a link.

8. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

I think this was an isolated issue when the weather was pretty bad in the Houston area, and he just went early on his own while the team bus was stuck and arrived late.
    I don't know if you are trying to make a story out of nothing, but whether he takes the team bus or not shouldn't really matter.

9. eqsharp

eqsharp Member

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/201...houston-rockets-face-dysfunctional-end-season

A quote from the article....

Take from it what you will.

10. eqsharp

eqsharp Member

http://espn.go.com/blog/houston-roc...efends-team-blames-other-teams-for-negativity

Another article that briefly mentions the team bus....

11. Nimo

Nimo Member

This is what losing and not meeting expectations does. People start bring up stuff like this.

12. dwhite

dwhite Member

Disagree....stuff like this is what causes losing and not meeting expectations.

13. Nimo

Nimo Member

You're right. It has absolutely nothing to do with shooting form, athleticism, basketball IQ, coaching, talent, practice (definitely not practice). Riding on the bus together for a 30 minute trip? That's how you lose a game.

14. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I disagree. This is one of those the sky is falling threads when it comes to Harden. Harden is not perfect but we wouldn't be talking about something like this if we were winning. However Dwight saying he quit and Brewer playing like utter **** and still logging heavy minutes are bigger issues whether we are winning or losing.

15. choujie

choujie Member

Rockets got an extra bus after Royce White left.

Maybe Harden was in that bus to make sure no resource is wasted.

16. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

No,No,No ... not so fast buddy you cant take away all the spite from Dwight just yet lol

Harden free pass week.

17. bmd

bmd Member

I do think that Harden is a diva and I do think it does contribute to some negative chemistry on the team. How big a deal it is I don't know.. but it's not a good thing.

Greg Popovich only wants players on his team who have "gotten over themselves" because he feels they can't truly sell out for the team until they have done so.

Harden has not gotten over himself yet.

18. Nimo

Nimo Member

I wonder if Westbrook and the thunder have gotten over themselves yet

Or what about Lebron "I'm the real MVP" James?

If there is bad "chemistry", not riding the bus might escalate it; but it is not the cause.

19. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Westbrook is one of the best teammates, as is Bron. People love playing with them.

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

THERE ARE TWO BUSES.

players/staff decide which one they take to the arena...one leaves earlier than the other.

So like i've said before, each bus could be half players and half staff...could be one bus of "scrubs" or one bus of just staff... or one bus with 2 players and another with 10, etc...different combinations possible....so harden would still not ride or be seen by some players every away game.

Plus, they stay close to the arena...what kind of bond are you going to form on a 10 minute bus ride?

NON STORY!