1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade Dwight for Bismack?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mig0s, May 21, 2016.

Tags:
?

Dwight for Bismack

1. Yes

104 vote(s)
    72.2%
  2. No

40 vote(s)
    27.8%
  1. Chamillionaire

I would but Clint is a similar player. He just needs to bulk up. I think he could be as effective if not better next season.

2. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Feels like he's been in the league for a long time lol

3. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Sure, why not? If he is leaving anyways and we can get back a decent big.

Still prefer to hire jvg and keep Dwight, but that ain't happening.

4. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Yes, because he is younger, makes less and has improved virtually every year on his free throw percentage. Biyombo is now at 628 this yr vs .489 for Dwight.

5. TexxasBoy

TexxasBoy Member

c'mon

No...and this his first good game of the series. If you watch the game you notice most of the rebounds bounced in his favor. He better grab em. Let see if he repeats this next game before we go crazy. Damn knee jerk.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Let him have the bimbos Biyombo

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

He'd be better for our needs than a pouty 30 year-old man-child. But he'll be getting a large contract this summer. Don't know if Morey and Les would want to spend so much cap space on him.

8. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Another guy who is going to get overpaid.

9. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Ibaka
    Adams
    Kanter vs

Capella
    ?
    ?

10. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He'll get closer to 20.

11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I'd give him $10m, but he's going to get more than that.

I'd rather have a different look with Capela already on the roster. Biyombo is also a poor FT shooter, foul prone, doesn't have good hands. To be honest, I'd rather D-Mo play backup 5, he gives us a different look, a little bit of passing and range, pretty good defense, good post game. Worked well with Harden when he was healthy. Would cost a fraction of the amount Biyombo would cost I think.

I mean look at this, none of these rebounds are even contested:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/POdcdMITqlY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He's a very good rebounder and knows how to play within his strengths. I don't think he moves the needle for a team with a decent alternative like Capela. This is going to be Capela's 3rd season. He's going to have added his first regular season, his second playoffs against the best team in the league, a coaching change, 2 years of practicing against Dwight, playing with Harden, a summer of adding more strength and working on his weaknesses and taking advice from Hakeem. This guy is going to surprise us, just watch. I even expect him to exceed 50% of his FT's.

For reference, Biyombo in his 3rd season was practically on his way out of the league unable to get minutes on a team he'd been with since his rookie season.

I'd rather we get someone as good as Biyombo, but with a different mix of skills. However, I wouldn't be unhappy if we struck out with everyone else and got him on a good contract.

12. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

No, only because he'll cost too much.

13. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

The only way to get any kind of value at the C position is to find a max player. That's why Whiteside should be the Rockets #1 target.

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, i'd say no...i'll be shocked if he doesn't get at least a double digit contract so, let's say someone will offer him something in the range of 12/15, isn't better to just sign a guy like Zaza for 5/6x3 (maybe with a team option) since we have Capela (and this if we're not going after Whiteside)? I'd say yes.

I like Bismack but imo he's worth a good pay only if we trade Capela and miss on Whiteside or if we miss on every good name out there.

15. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yep, good post.

16. Houston79Astro

The Raptors take our players, not the other way around... jk I would like Bismack, but I see a big pay day for him in the near future.

17. hongxingli

hongxingli Contributing Member

Yeah, they are in conference final with 3 our players having regular minutes, I wish we can have all of them back.

18. houtown

houtown Member

If he is available during the off season the Rockets probably should pursue him, seems like a good fit with the team. Someone who could add energy, does all the dirty work, and does not require a lot of shots or low post touches to play well during the game.

19. jeffvangundy

jeffvangundy Member

He's had an excellent season as the backup center, filling in perfectly whenever JV went down.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This is the only reason I'm not for paying Biyombo. Also isn't Clint learning a lot from Hakeem nowadays? I mean it may take till he's 27 to see those results truly but he's learning at a young age.