1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight gone based on this article

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballplayer, May 19, 2016.

1. rockets13champs

dont you think his negativity affected the team mentally.

2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

3. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

I would have been happy if he grown into DMO... that's how little I respect Dwight's post game.

4. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

You're joking right?

5. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Yes?:confused:

Player: should I do something that will hurt the team?

Pop: No, don't do that

1 person likes this.
  6. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yep, but as today everybody knows this, seems like he's the only one able to think otherwise.

7. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

Yes, and Morey eventually fired back at Cuban for his hypocrisy. It wouldn't surprise me if we hear Morey's spin on this interview in the near future.

8. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Morey: "Dwight we need you to play to your strengths"

Dwert: Sobs "Why do you hate me so much?"

9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

ease up there, cowboy, don't want to hyperventilate or wet your pants. :rolleyes: I know this is a big day for you, cancer thesis confirmed and all that, but try to restrain yourself from having too much glee with this news. :grin:

10. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

You mad Bro?

11. photojoe

photojoe Member

Dwight Howard is an enigma.

Sure, he was a great, great player in Orlando. Top 3, MVP level player.

But he isn't that player anymore.

That's not to say he isn't good still. He is still a good defender, rim protector and shot blocker. He is still a rebounder. He is still a good finisher at alley oops, offensive put backs and coming off of a roll driving to the basket. But he is not and has not been a good post player. But that is what he complains about and what he says that he wants more of.

It is so weird to me. The biggest hole and weakness in his game (well, that and free throws) is the one thing that he says he wants to do more of.

12. marky :)

marky :) Member

Lol?

Pop is probably one of the handful of coaches that will go out of his way to tell players not to do certain things because it hurts the team.

He literally benches his starting 5 if they don't play well. Do you really think he gives in to what his players think they should be doing.

13. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Dwight: I want to be more involved in offense

Morey: Nope who you think you are? Brewer. Ah by the way, we need you to protect the rim because our awful perimeter defense and also rebound in the process, remember we only play small ball.

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Pop is also one of the greatest coaches of all time. It's different when Pop is telling you to stop screwing around and when Daryl Morey who players probably do not respect is telling you the same.

15. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Im convinced he was joking. Had to be, lol.

16. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

I think most people are smart enough to understand what that means before jumping to conclusions.

Harden ISO'd an average of 6.9 times per game last season. There are 5 teams that ISO'd less than that because they don't really have any players that excel at ISO.

We averaged right at 101 possessions per game. The fact that Harden ISO'd on just under 7 of them isn't a major issue.

I could do the same thing and tell you that Marc Gasol averaged more post ups than 13 NBA teams last season. Does that make you think that Gasol is a ball hog or does it mean that Gasol is good at posting up and there are teams that rarely post up?

There's a reason that tweets like that don't tell you the actual numbers that are included.

17. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

18. marky :)

marky :) Member

Yes I agree its a huge difference between Pop saying it and Morey saying it. I'm just lol'ing that he picked Pop to make his point.

1 person likes this.
  19. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Also, need to note I did not know Howard was this mentally weak. Some of the stuff he says in this interview are huge red flags. I still like Howard but it is very clear we can't have that level of debilitating mental weakness on this team if we want to be successful.

Yikes.

20. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

He also demand defense and effort, Harden would have been bench a lot under Pop. Actually the best coaching decision of McHale with the Rockets was to bench Harden in game 6 vs clippers. That gave us the fist wcf visit in 20 years.