1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight gone based on this article

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballplayer, May 19, 2016.

1. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Dwight, why you do dis?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Here's what Jason Terry had to say on <a href="https://twitter.com/TheHerd">@TheHerd</a> in response to Dwight Howard's comments about Daryl Morey. <a href="https://t.co/SpFwSza0uN">pic.twitter.com/SpFwSza0uN</a></p>&mdash; Jenny Dial Creech (@jennydialcreech) <a href="https://twitter.com/jennydialcreech/status/733353893971660800">May 19, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Also, LOL @ Jason "Mav4Lyfe" Terry recruiting

I said he was a snake in the grass from the beginning

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

LOL at this coming from Dwight

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I agree that Morey is a gem of a GM but either we choose him and a full rebuild or we fire him and go after big free agents.

We can't have both. As much as a clown Howard is players stick up for players and no star player wants to be treated like Morey just did to Dwight even if Morey is 100% right.

4. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

LMAO Dwight at it again, lol. Predictable. For some reason we thought he would be different here and I have no idea why. Dwight gave himself a reduced role by not being able to shoot or defend and refusing to set picks it's literally that simple. SO this confirms Nash, Kobe, Artest, D'antoni, Lewis, and, Van Gundy all correct. It also gives us a glimpse into why a lot of people hate Dwight.

5. ApuN

ApuN Member

Dwight is a drama queen who is totally overrated

He blew up the locker room in Orlando
    He blew up the locker room in LA
    He blew up the locker room in Houston

4 coaches fired to boot

The guy thinks he is a Olajuwon and is living off some crap that happened ten seasons ago when in fact, he has a sorry post game, cant shoot free throws, and is overall mentally weak

1 person likes this.
  6. mikus

mikus Member

WOW @Jason Terry, I wish that Howard had listened to him more.

7. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Dwight the cancer has been completely and totally confirmed. WOW.. just wow man. I wish this man baby never came to Houston. I was delusionally happy when we got him and I ignored everything Laker and Magic fans said and they said the same things. "Dwight pouts when he has to set picks" I ignored that **** and it turns out it's real, lol. WOW. What a loser.

8. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

I don't think it's an either/or situation. The Morey-treats-players-badly narrative has been around for a while. Remember a few off seasons ago Cuban blasted him for treating guys like assets? I'm not so sure it actually has an impact on whether free agents want to come. It's about talent and coaching. Sadly, we are in the process of botching the coaching.

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">.<a href="https://twitter.com/jasonterry31">@jasonterry31</a> confirms Rockets players knew Daryl Morey told Dwight Howard he wouldn't be as involved this season.<a href="https://t.co/8cXFLa7Qta">https://t.co/8cXFLa7Qta</a></p>&mdash; Herd w/Colin Cowherd (@TheHerd) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheHerd/status/733349729434656768">May 19, 2016</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">To clarify here: Jason Terry just told <a href="https://twitter.com/getnickwright">@getnickwright</a> it was openly discussed Morey told DH12 he didn't want him more involved in offense.</p>&mdash; Cody Stoots (@Cody_Stoots) <a href="https://twitter.com/Cody_Stoots/status/733346631353913344">May 19, 2016</a></blockquote>

10. rockets13champs

Terry just proved how much of a LIAR Dwight is

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Dwight really might be delusional. Like he honestly might be.

12. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

dwight should probably stop doing his own interview hit pieces. "i'll pout and not play hard if i don't get the ball, even if i'm not good at posting up." have been the themes of his tnt interview and this one.

13. OTMax

OTMax Member

So, Morey is right. No way Dwight should've been more involved in the offense. He didn't commit to setting screens either and he has a horrible post up game so it's all on himself. I don't blame Morey for that and I doubt it went the way Dwight is saying. Playing the victim is a role that suits Dwight perfectly.

14. francis 4 prez

isn't cuban the guy who got rid of tyson chandler after tyson helped him win his championship so he could one day sign some other people?

15. rockets13champs

He did play great in playoffs but chemistry issues rooted from dwight. He was the source of all the issues

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Funny how leadership and chemistry and winning weren't question last year when Dwight missed half the season. Funny how that works, indeed.

17. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Defense was our problem all year, so you mean to tell me this man baby stopped playing defense, he stopped setting picks, he stopped playing hard because he wasn't going to be featured in the post? Something is totally not good at. I'm still trying to wrap my head around this ****, lol WOW This dude was being paid 20 million dollars all year just to quit. BTW That's not Morey's fault Les wants an uptempo game. We've known this since they got Lin.

18. rockets13champs

Its Dwight he is the problem and Terry and Dwight proved it themselves

19. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Doesn't seem like it. He might have taken himself out of games for a large portion of the regular season but he's not the reason Trevor, Brew, and Jet were throwing up bricks all day.
    Say what you will about Dwight, but him and James were the best chance we've had to make it to the finals and even win one. Now we are done.

Do you think any free agents are going to want to come here with Morey's growing 'don't give a **** about the players' reputation? With Les's growing temper tantrum reputation? With Harden's reputation?
    Harden will walk in 2017 when his contract is done. I hope we can get some good pieces for him in a sign and trade.

20. francis 4 prez

this is why we have no hope of signing any free agents. all the best teams are the ones that give in to their players' every demand. could you imagine pop telling a player no to something that will hurt the team even if the player wants to do it?