1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight gone based on this article

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballplayer, May 19, 2016.

1. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Dead on point! repped 10 million times!!! Piff Poof be gone Dwight!

2. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Quote:
    ESPN: What have you learned?

Howard: "I can make sure going forward that each and every decision I make is not based on emotion. I let my emotions get the best of me.''

This dude has so much Estrogen in him it's ridiculous.

3. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Quote:
    ESPN: So you don't take perimeter jumpers because you are afraid you will miss them?

Howard: "I don't like messing up. I didn't want to turn on the TV and see people say, 'Dwight is taking all those outside shots, he's screwing around, he doesn't care, he doesn't want to win.' So that's the war I'll be having in my head. I'm working on it. I have a sports psychologist I used in Houston and I have one in Minnesota. If my spiritual and mental game is right, the physical part will follow.''

Mental midget confirmed.

Mr. Uterus... This boy has no business getting another big contract from anyone.

4. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

That BS soundbyte actually plays into everyone's narrative about Morey.

And haven't you heard? Dwight's a sympathetic figure now. How else could he say this without dying from cringe:

Oh, and this gold:

#84 shastarocket, May 19, 2016
    Last edited: May 19, 2016
  5. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

Morey is a trash gm

6. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Dwight is wack he set harden and the tewm back by 3 years.

7. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Bye!

#NobodyCares

8. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

With Howard rep and the comments he made all throughout that piece, I highly doubt any player cares about anything he has to say.

Man he sounds weak in this.

9. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

He's been in the league for more than 10 years... give me a break.

Decline your option please... it isn't about you... it's about the team and Howard had no post game.

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">.<a href="https://twitter.com/jasonterry31">@jasonterry31</a> just confirmed this on <a href="https://twitter.com/TheHerd">@TheHerd</a> <a href="https://t.co/gxcpxZaE0h">https://t.co/gxcpxZaE0h</a></p>&mdash; LA Sports Radio (@LASportsRadio) <a href="https://twitter.com/LASportsRadio/status/733346139878002689">May 19, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. Bigsupervise

Bigsupervise Member

Bad day for the rockets, will be hard to sign free agents this offseason. But I know Harden Stans will make 1000 excuses

12. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

It's become increasingly apparent to me that this is a dysfunctional organization from the top down. We need a complete do over, and since you can't fire the owner, it sadly must start with Daryl Morey. I really liked the guy for a long time, but he is simply too involved at this point. I don't think the Rockets can win with his being so involved in seemingly every aspect of everything.

13. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I will happily shove you out if you need me too.

1 person likes this.
  14. Steve S

Steve S New Member

So much ugliness in all of this

I'm new and want to find something positive here, and keep looking for a ray of hope in this, and man it's hard to find ...

Howard looks like a big baby who keeps excusing his failures with "Now I am REALLY gonna try, I just figured out that ___ matters." One thing after another. What an excuse maker.

But man, I struggle to see how Morey's player relations game on display here is something to be positive about. And with this being Harden's team, his attitude certainly didn't help either. So I don't know what to think about how they can keep these things from happening again.

Getting rid of Howard will help, no question about it. But man, it feels like he's just the tip of a really nasty iceberg of awful team dynamics.

#95 Steve S, May 19, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2019
  15. DreamEarlNolan

Maybe Dwight leaving will make it easier for the Rockets to sign free agents. Dwight doesn't seem to be a very well liked person around the league, and even worse he doesn't seem to be respected around the league. Say what you want about Harden, but he appears to be respected by his teammates and his peers. You don't get voted MVP by fellow players if they don't respect you.

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Link to that interview?

17. Bigsupervise

Bigsupervise Member

Harden had more isos called than 9 teams...someone just tweeted that...everyone knows he's a ball hog...this is bad...ppl sound like lakers fans blaming Dwight and ignoring the obvious. ..maybe it'll take a 30 win season to wake everyone up

18. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

The only things this team has going for it are 1. Harden, 2. Morey, and 3. Capela. It amazes me how many people just want to throw Morey away. He's the guy who has a track record of finding talent and that's what we need right now.

Of course it's all moot if Les proves himself to be a meddling owner, in which case the team is screwed anyway.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Can always count on Dwight Howard & Jason Terry to run to the media and open their mouths. :)

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Here's what Jason Terry had to say on <a href="https://twitter.com/TheHerd">@TheHerd</a> in response to Dwight Howard's comments about Daryl Morey. <a href="https://t.co/SpFwSza0uN">pic.twitter.com/SpFwSza0uN</a></p>&mdash; Jenny Dial Creech (@jennydialcreech) <a href="https://twitter.com/jennydialcreech/status/733353893971660800">May 19, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>