1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feigen]Van Gundy would like to coach Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Who's to say we haven't met with him? Just because it hasn't been reported, doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

2. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Also, as Feigin stated, the first set of interviews are the getting to know you phase. The Rockets already know JVG. We don't have the complete picture here, which makes casting judgement rather difficult.

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I know and he is still a top candidate.

4. Nook

Nook Member

Too much is made out of the term "interview".

The Rockets front office and owner have certainly met with and spoken to Jeff Van Gundy and a number of other candidates.

I do find it funny that the Rockets immediately used their mouth piece (Feigen) to rebut the reports of D'Antoni having a second interview. I am not sure of what their motivation is, but they have certainly met and spoken to D'Antoni several times in the last few weeks.

5. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Rockets don't need to interview JVG at this point in the process. They already know allll about him.

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

too embarrassed to admit it

7. htown1984

htown1984 Member

because they must have seen the negative support on this decision)

How about they used Watkins to throw it out there and feel the vibe, and once
    they seen it was bad- they used Feigen to report its false

lol

8. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Apparently JVG said this on air this morning:
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Breaking news on Reality Check from Jeff Van Gundy &quot;I have not spoken to the Rockets so speculation about me has been off base&quot;</p>&mdash; barry warner (@bearwarner) <a href="https://twitter.com/bearwarner/status/732958172810383361">May 18, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Misdirection or.................s***, f***, fire damnation!! ?

10. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

The latter. Just the fact that we interviewed D'Antoni, man.....

And really all we have to go on is Feigan saying “If Jeff Van Gundy were to coach again, this (Houston with the #Rockets) is where he would like to do it.”

Not a direct quote from JVG either.

And also important to maybe note....doesn't JVG live here still? It's what I always admired about him was that even after the Rockets coaching tenure, he put his roots down and made himself and his family Houstonians. You would see him at Astros games. I even saw him once casually at an Astros game. I always dug that about him.

So him living here cuts both ways right? You could say "well he wants to come back and coach for what has now been his home for the past 12+ years." But you could also say "Well of course if he was being loose and hypothetical for hypothetical-sake, he would say yeah if I ever would coach again, not that that would actually happen, then sure it would be in the city where myself my wife and 2 daughters have lived the past decade."

11. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

wow you're some naïve fool.
    If anyone who's interviewed for a coaching job for any nba team, the media will get a wind of it.

12. cdain3

cdain3 Member

Wtf did I just read..

13. yo

yo Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sources: Jeff Van Gundy is no longer a candidate for the Rockets job. Though JVG had interest in reunion, two sides never sat down to talk.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojVerticalNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/733001172785762304">May 18, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member