1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tags:
  1. Vivi

Vivi Member

But we can match, and i don't see teams paying him more than 9/10x...personally i think he may not be here cause Morey will try to trade him again but anyway yeah, we'll see.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sure the Rockets can match, but if he signs an offer sheet early in FA, the Rockets matching would screw up the idea of bringing in 2 max FA's, so they wouldn't match. If I'm DMo and I want out, I sign that offer sheet as early as possible so that the team doesn't match. If I'm DMo and I want to stay here, I put it off till after the Rockets make their FA moves so that they are likely to match with Bird rights.

We'll know how he feels by when he signs.

3. Lightsnowaction

How can we be pursuing Horford, when he loves Atlanta?!

4. Vivi

Vivi Member

Fair enough. But there're a lot of variables here...

5. rockets13champs

My goal is to sign and trade dwight for vucevic
    Then sign horford and conley to maxes
    Brewer would have to be moved for cap dmo would have to leave and dwight too
    Vuvevic
    Horford
    Ariza
    Harden
    Conley

6. rockets13champs

Its simmilar to okc team with kanter and adams
    Harden would have to play kds role and conley would have to play westbrooks role. Ariza is our roberson. Vucevic is better than kanter and horford is better offensively than adams but same level defensively. Also alot older

7. rockets13champs

I believe not signing dmo dwight and trading brewer for lets say a 2nd round pick in which we can get malachi from cuse would be a good idea. The best role players come in the 2nd. Draymond, parsons and many nba greats were taken in 35-45 range. Brewer would be 8 mill savings, dmo would save a good amount of money but i think he will get less money than he expects to get. We could trade away alot of our bench and get up to 40-50 in cap

8. NeonTiger

NeonTiger Member

Max out Horford ? no thanks , trade for K Faried instead at $12 mil

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Faried at any price? No thanks, we already have Harrell.

10. Ekiu

Ekiu Member

Conley
    Harden
    Brewer
    Horford
    Noah

dem Gators

11. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

If Rockets sign Horford, I don't want him playing PF. He has to play C. He's too slow for modern day PFs..

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Love, LMA and Dirk says hi. And Horford is faster than them.

He can play center in small ball lineups though, perfect for that role.

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Horford's flexibility to play either the 4 or 5 and be able to play inside and out is a huge plus. Horford's game really looks like it could mesh with Harden's. Can run the high post pick and roll and pick and pop. Just a great fit.

14. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Anderson at the 4; Horford at the 5. At least, that sounds like what MGMT is going for if you decipher Codman's post.

15. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

For the same reason Aldridge puts up just 18ppg on the Spurs.

On good teams, no one scores a crazy % of their team's points. Horford could put up 20 easily but the superficial basketball fan doesn't understand the difference between a team-improving 20 and a team-killing 20.

Horford is a great two way player, has become an excellent passer and has a high bball IQ. He has adapted to every system and position he's been asked to adapt to. He's adapted to the new NBA.

Paul Millsap is the leading scorer on that team and they are still a great team, considering the individual talent they have. It's amazing how you don't need a 30ppg scorer to be a good team right?

These are guys who are worth having as your 2nd or 3rd best players for whatever the price of a 2nd or 3rd best player is in the league these days. We will have to overpay for him but it's worth it if we get him.

17. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

Murphy doesn't have a spreadsheet for guys who buy in... He licks his finger as he puts it in the air to see which way Leslie's wind is blowing.

18. caneks

caneks Rookie

Exactly, a center could not get rebs, his team need rely on guards on rebounding.

19. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

You're only as good as your playoff performances and it's clear - Al Hoford is a scrub

20. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

Yes. I like DMo too, but I don't trust his health. This team needs smart, nose-to-the-grindstone team players who aren't one-dimensional, such as Horford. He plays defense, doesn't rock the boat and is coming from a disciplined team that buys into a system and wins.