1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2015-16

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Since75

Since75 Member

To be honest with the right coach who will implement a more balanced office that still emphasizes the 3pt shot, I think Dwight can be resigned. That along with the following moves:

Dwight opts out resigned at 4/60-65 mil
    Trade Ariza to Atlanta for Teague (PG)
    Sign Solomon Hill (SF) 4/24 mil
    Sign Bazemore (SF/SG) 4/36 mil
    Sign Dudley (Stretch 4) 2/ 10 mil
    Match Dmo (No more than 9mil)

Move Brewer and AD from Wisconsin (Can't ever remember his name) for cap space to sign another shooter/scorer off the bench

Dwight/Capella
    Dmo/Dudley/Beasely/Harrell
    Bazemore/Hill/
    Harden/Bazemore/McDaniels
    Teague/Beverly

This team I believe with a tweak here or there can contend or at the least for the style of play the team was allegedly assembled to be which is a 3pt shooting team. Thoughts!

2. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

I like the roster turnover, I dont like Bazemore at 8 mill though. He is very inconsistent and his #s arent too impressive. The Salary Cap is going to inflate how players like him get paid and 8 mill might be right but in todays money hes like a 4-5mill player imo. Thats about what I would throw at him.

If we could resign Dwight, I might consider kicking the Parsons tires. Someone recently made a good point about him being an actual scoring threat, something Ariza is not. Harden and Parsons can play together. My concern for him is his injury history. Can he stay healthy?
    Ariza for Teague given Parsons is mighty fine.

Teague
    Harden
    Parsons
    x (Horford)
    Howard

Personally I'd like to see a good PF slide into that spot. If Dwight took a pay cut (I dont think hes going to) I would be fine throwing Max money at Horford and have him play out of position there. His stats fit a PF better anyways. You still get 1-4 pick n rolls and Howard is always a threat for a lob. Ryan Anderson is always an option too but I doubt hes the PF we need on the defensive end. Howard will need help, he can't protect the paint solo.

I'd package Bev/Brewer/Dmo to get something too. A rim protecting 4 would be boss. You'd be surprised how hard it is to find one of those lol

3. Since75

Since75 Member

I'm with you on Bazemore as well but the market is probably gonna dictate that range. Also like the Parsons idea assuming he's not getting remotely close to the 16m he's set to get. Kinda iffy on paying Horford or Anderson the max. Would really like to load up on shooters who can also create.

4. HTX Ninja

HTX Ninja Member

Trade Brewer for PJ Tucker plz.

5. fattz

fattz Member

Why would the Suns do this trade?

6. eman

eman Contributing Member

7. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

vets > skill. ask jb, he knows what im sayin :grin:

8. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

This may be crazy, but if the 2016 free agency "goes to ****" in that the Rockets are unable to sign anyone of note, what about trading for Derrick Rose?

I know it sounds crazy, and he becomes a free agent in 2017. But the biggest issues with Rose has always been health and being labelled as a ball-stopper. Effort and intensity have never been really questioned. Plus in the second half of 2016 he was shooting much better than he had before, especially from 3 point.

It would definitely depend on how much it would "cost" to get him. But at the benefit of not paying his salary and getting something in return for him instead of nothing in 2017, I would think Chicago would be willing to be reasonable.

9. craguin

craguin Member

Ariza+Beverley+Dekker is enough salary to match for Rose. You'd have to go hard after Nic Batum, however, if you lose Ariza. Batum or Tucker as Deuce suggested earlier in this thread:

10. kwakmeister

Rains too hard in Houston for Rose... first sprinkle is an acl tear.

11. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

We need a DJordan or Whiteside Center to co-exist with Harden.....a center that gets all the rebounds and block shots....keep Beverly for his hard nose football D and standing in the corner for the catch to shot 3s......this is the formula for success on a team with Harden...and backup Guard like Jeremy Lin to run the second unit would put us back to the WCF....have JVG put wipe this group together.

12. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Because it never rains in Chicago, where it is called the Windy City and os known for having a good portion of the year of just horrible wintry weather?

13. fattz

fattz Member

Jordan or Whiteside clog the paint good for D but bad for O--> kills any kind of spacing. A more mobile / rebounding / outside shot C/PF type is ideal --> think a better rebounding DMo is the best fit for a ball dominantÅ·e, Iso, 3 or rim shooting gaurd.

14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Derrick Rose? Ball-dominant inefficient guard slowed by injury is going to work well with James Harden?

15. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

He has never had a wing teammate as good as Harden, and played much better the last half of 2016.

Yes he would have to change his game some and defer. Play some off the ball. But if people want to "reload" the team on the fly, you will never be able to find the perfect fit with what is currently available.

16. wadero

wadero Member

Jimmy Butler?

17. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

Bulls ain't sending him here without Harden going back.

18. kwakmeister

You could send me the entire bulls roster including Butler for Harden and I would still say no.

19. Fantasma Negro

20. rockets13champs

Oh hell no Blake is so overrated