1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2015-16

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 12, 2015.

1. AFS

AFS Member

How are we supposed to sing without Harden?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lc6d1t7CeJs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Harden is younger, more durable and has two years left. He's also better than Blake Griffin.

3. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

That is literally too stupid for words. There is no word in the English language for how dumb that is.

Now, would you trade everyone but Harden on the Rockets to pair Harden and Blake together? You bet your t*** I would.

4. fattz

fattz Member

Wow, I typed to fast or spell correct got me on my phone. I am glad you had some fun with it.

Harden would be signing :confused:at the club in LA, where he wants to be. Or we can keep him and in 2 years when he walks anyway as a free agent he can singing :confused:at a the other club in LA. LA is were he want to be.

Something now or nothing later --> Harden is not the long term answer for the Rockets.

5. Bo6

Bo6 Member

dwight's a good guy but not a good fit for us anymore. he should go back to the east. maybe home in atlanta?

6. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Draft day trade.

Brewer/#37 to phoenix for Tucker.

It gives us 2.3m in extra cap space and if needed we could send some cash there way to offset if they insist.

Tucker is not a great shooter but he atleast hovers around average. He also adds a bit of grit similar to bev which would be nice and plays decent defense which we need.

7. Vivi

Vivi Member

I like PJ, but those 2.3 won't help us enough.

8. HTX Ninja

HTX Ninja Member

I'd be all for this

9. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Nothing short of adding Durant is likely going to be enough to be top contender. But a move like this addresses extra flexibility and extra cap space to target two max free agents, while upgrading the backup wing position. So adding 2.3 makes it easier if hypothetically Durant and horford want to team up and come to Houston.

I'm not perfect with the numbers but I think clearing that 2.3 means you could probably keep bev and ariza in this hypothetical and only lose say kj to acquire the necessary space for both.

10. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Getting rid of Brewer is addition by subtraction.

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yep, i'm not sure it's enough though.

I agree, the problem here is that i don't think the Suns will bite, i'm curious to see what are the Suns plans, i don't know if they're going to rebuild around Booker, Len and the pick, or if they'll try to sign a great player and they're going to keep all their veterans.

In both case though, i don't think they'll be interested in Brewer which yeah, fits their game, but is just a worse player/contract than Tucker as today...so, whether they're ready to rebuild or not, i just think they won't bite in a trade like this since they can keep Tucker and have an extra 2.3 millions to spend, or they can trade him to a contender by the deadline...now, if you trade them a young player or two second rounders with Brew...maybe they'll bite, one 2nd i think is just not enough.

12. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Love the way the Blazers hung with the Warriors it is very clear our team needs FIREPOWER! Since parsons left we never replaced that scoring punch. The corner 3 is not keeping opposing defenses off balance. We need two playmakers..... my hats off to the Blazers they played well. I wish we could have combined our teams their strengths are our weaknesses. Give Harden a wing or point guard to run with! Howard would look so much better this season with two scoring studs on the wings.

13. Zergling

Zergling Member

That's because we missed a TON of open corner 3s because we have terrible shooters. If we made them, that would completely change the complexion of the game.

14. marky :)

marky :) Member

It also helps when the whole team gives a **** at the same time.

15. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

I agree, but we shoudn't have to live and die by the 3 pt shot anymore. If Ariza or Brewer are not hitting 3s they can't help us. Ariza is not shutting anybody down either.

16. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I could see them doing it with Knight, but not Bledsoe.
    Bledsoe is obviously better, and has one less year on his deal, whereas Knight is signed at $13mil+ for the next 4 years, so that's serious lock-in.

Knight is slightly younger... but he's not as good defensively.

That said, when you consider how few assets the Rockets have to improve, I can definitely see Morey exploring this.

That said, it doesn't really match salary wise. The guys you mentioned above aren't enough. You'd have to add Dekker and Harrell. Unless it works because both teams are under the cap after Dwight opts out?

Whatever, there's like some way to do it... but that way probably ends up with less overall cap room for the Rockets this summer. And its a lot of long term contract to take on, when the negatives are obvious - Chandler might just be trending more and more down. Knight isn't a great defender, isn't super efficient, and gets injured himself.

17. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

would the sceltics trade amir and bradley or jae for dwight? might have to add in some filler

jae is 6.5m and brad is 8.2. they got all those rookie contracts. then there's holland making 874k

they need a starting center who can defend and rebound. they also got a lot of rookies. good oppurtunity for them.
    rockets can trade ariza or bev depending on who they get. need to blow up the team so imall for it

18. yahboyryan

yahboyryan Member

i would like to get Danny Green from the spurs!

19. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

What about Bradley Beal next to Harden? Harden runs the point in the half court.

20. Asian Sensation

Durant is not coming. It's time to blow it up and rebuild.

Trade Harden to LA for D'angelo + their 1st round pick granted its a top 2 pick + next years first round pick or D'angelo + this years first round pick and Randle.

This gets Harden to LA earlier than expected. It's he's from, where he probably wants to be and where he's probably going in 2018 anyways. Also gives Luke Walton a "superstar" to work with and he can be their Kobe replacement.

What we get. A barely 20 year old D'Angelo. It doesn't matter if you think he sucks right now. I personally think he's got a good chance to be a star player anyways. We want him to show improvement but we as a whole want to suck and he can help with that. Hope that you hit with Lakers pick this year. Chances are good since Philly is projected to be ahead. They'll either not get 1st overall or if they do they'll take the wrong guy. Plus next year we will have our own top 3 pick from tanking and the lakers pick again.

Projected assets by 2018 season

D'Angelo Russell
    Top 2 pick from 2016 whoever we drafted. Via lakers
    Top 3 pick from 2017 whoever we drafted. Our own for sucking in 2017.
    Top 15 pick from 2017 whoever we drafted. Via lakers
    Trade Ariza, Bev, Brewer to contenders for late middle or early 2nd round picks.
    Capella, DMo, Harrell or trade them for picks as well.

We could totally miss on both first round picks but I'd rather take that gamble and hope to find 2 or 3 possible franchise players out of that group above and other good young rotational players rather than risking losing Harden for nothing after being mediocre for 2 years until he leaves.

1 person likes this.