1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SOCIAL MEDIA] Pearland sushi restaurant gets blasted

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TMac'n, May 11, 2016.

1. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Your from Memphis right?

Yall should have a ton of mom and pop bbq joints over there, right?. Ask any of them to give you a tour of their pits and kitchens. If any of them agree to it, I promise youd turn vegan after leaving.

Get off your ****ing high horse and learn the ways of how food is prepared in general, be it restaurants or in homes.

2. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

What sounds like a guy who never cooked in his life.

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

At restaurants, food is not slaughtered in the back alley. You're comparing apples and oranges. It's not a slaughterhouse or a pit or someone's backyard, it's a restaurant. They don't slaughter cows in the back alley at Saltgrass. That doesn't mean we don't know where meat comes from and how it's prepared. It's having the damn common sense not to slaughter animals in a back alley of your restaurant and then act like you're not doing anything wrong. Jesus.

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Protip: regardless of how you got the wild animal don't slaughter it behind your restaurant.

5. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

How is it wrong if it's for personal consumption? What if the person who did it was doing it on his break? They aren't serving that meat to their customers, so I don't see what the big deal is.

6. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I'll do you one better.

I'll go to a "3rd world **** hole" (as this moron puts it) and eat at any of their restaurants where probably all of their meat comes from being butchered in a "back alley"

But yeah, on topic, I'll go eat there anytime. Better to eat there than any of the dozens of restaurants around town that have actual nasty health violations going on.

7. donkeypunch

Who says I was comparing the two? I was just saying the fact that every restaurant is not gonna be the cleanest of places. Its a places where raw materials are turned into cuisine every day. Its a fortress with walls that roaches and rodents are trying to break down every day to get to the food left out or the splatter of food underneath the fryer or a nook and cranny nobody can get to to clean.

What seems to have a preconceived notion that everything thats served to him has been decontaminated and prepared with hands that havent ever wiped their owners ass prior without washing. Thats all Im saying, any other objections to my stance on this, was in my first post quoted above.

8. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

that butcher knife he's using has to be from the restaurant kitchen right? that seems like a bad idea with cross contamination risks.

9. Buck Turgidson

Yes, because as we all know chef knives are single-use disposable and cannot be washed.

10. CCorn

CCorn Member

Coming soon to Montrose, Chris Shepherds "wild hogs". You pick the hog, and he will butcher it behind the restaurant. Have the hog your way! Kimchi tacos, fried with candied jalapeƱo caramel sauce, or blended into a smoothie!

11. Exiled

Exiled Member

Feels good to be a vegetarian

12. CourtOfDreams

CourtOfDreams Member

As someone that is in the industry and have been for around 15 years, WTF are you talking about? Do you speak from personal experience or from popular culture that likes to portray the service industry as a bunch of slack jawed burn outs and dirty uneducated losers?

If its the former then I hope you called the health department on the disgusting workplace environment you were in!

We have very strict cleaning, organizing and rotation policies in place. Sorry the place you worked didn't have trained professional chefs (and that's another thing, chef is a term used wayyyy to lightly now a days) to show you how a kitchen is suppose to run.

Or that you watched "Waiting" and took it as fact. (BTW f!ck that movie seriously)

I'll get off my high horse now.

13. CourtOfDreams

CourtOfDreams Member

Sorry forgot to comment on the meat of the thread.

The owner is a moron for doing that at his place of business. Many here believe that he was using that for personal use and tend to believe that. You should never bring proteins that have come from unlicensed channels to your business kitchen. He is a dumbass for that for sure.

14. VanityHalfBlack

Bunch of p*****s. So you want to see how your food is made? Go kill and hunt yourself. All fast food are made in the back, I can't see the dumb Schmo spitting in my Whopper now can't I?

15. VanityHalfBlack

Exactly. You wanna complain, don't eat meat!!!

16. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

Where exactly do you think he stored the meat after he was butchering it, in his car?

Look, I could jack off while preparing my food and could do it carefully enough as not to contaminate food. Doesn't mean that I should, or it shouldn't be looked negatively at. Eating a roach won't kill you, but mixing in raw pigs blood might.

17. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I get the feeling that some posters in this thread have some sort of agenda.

18. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

19. donkeypunch

Congrats on making mangement position at chilies in your 15th year. I love yalls microwaved food.

Not personal experience but if your counting opening my eyes when I eat at restaurants, then sure.

The state of Texas also has strict laws in place to punish/fine all traffic violaters that speed or roll stop signs. I was late for work this morning, shhhh don't tell anybody but I broke both of those violations today. Ohhh noooees!

Here's a fact: 100% of people that have eaten in a restaurant have or will die. Y'all better tell yalls "professional chefs" to step up yalls strict cleaning rotations.

Waiting was a hilarious movie and if you don't think some the antics in that movie aren't portrayed from real life antics, well, you didn't really get off your high horse did you?

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I wonder if people b**** at Seafood places where they kill Lobster after you pick it on the spot.

People are stupid when it comes to how heir food is made. I stopped being stupid after I watched food inc. when I was in my early 20's.