1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Car Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Haymitch, May 3, 2016.

1. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Congrats! Does the Accord come with android auto/apple carplay? Makes in-dash navigation obsolete.

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

It depends on who you are, if you really care about performance and max power for the money go for the v8, if you just want something sporty that will go when you hit the gas save your money for the v6 (or turbo v4) its like a 8-10k difference price wise.

If you really care about performance, wait for the 1LE that will come out later this year / early next year, for the money it will an excellent performance car.

3. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Yes it does. I didn't get navigation. I would not use it much anyway.

My six month insurance premium did go up which is kind of strange to me given the car I had before. I guess the Honda Sensing package would have helped reduce that but I didn't get that, either. I'm going to have a talk with my insurance company to try to understand why my premium increased. I'm confused by that.

Edit: I guess I ignored that insuring a new car costs more than insuring an older car. Doh! My brain fart.

#103 Surfguy, May 7, 2016
    Last edited: May 7, 2016
  4. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I'm having a really hard time deciding between a 2016 Mazda CX5 and a '16 CRV. I like the sporty side of the Mazda, as well as the interior, but I like the room and edge in potential resale of the CRV, though I don't plan on reselling.

Any advice?

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

This article is more like an advertisement than anything, but thought I'd share anyway - they ship nationwide. 727 HP for under $40K:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/talked-ohio-ford-dealer-selling-164500085.html

Ohio Ford Dealer Selling 727 HP Mustangs for $39,995

6. marky :)

marky :) Member

7. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

LOL. I would never be able to move the car at all. The wheels would just spin the whole time. I mean...that's got to be feather touch acceleration on the gas pedal there.

I had a couple of friends back in the high school days who were into Camaro Z/28s. They were two brothers who both owned the same year/model but in different colors. Anyway, one of them let another friend drive. The dude did not make it past go from the first stop sign off the home street before he wrapped that car around a light pole and totaled it. He literally just spun it out and that was that.

8. marky :)

marky :) Member

At least back in the day when Honda's would "peel out" in front of a crowd, the only thing they hurt was their ego.

9. Salvy

Salvy Member

Whatever you do, do NOT go to HUB dealerships...... Worst car buying experience ever.....

10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Lol I see all their listings online are obviously BS pricings, did they get you with the all incentives you dont qualify for included price?

11. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

This is several years off for me, but I have been thinking about it a lot. If I were to buy a car to travel all around the US for a year or more, what should I get? Comfortable, fun to drive, plenty of power. Only need room for two people and suitcases. The 4 series BMW's look sweet and are only $40k. Anything up to $80 is in play though. Thanks!

12. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

May be a bit out of your price range, but I'd go with a Mercedes C63

1 person likes this.
  13. I am a Donut

Great suggestion. Especially like the look of the coupe.

14. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Porsche Macan

15. Buck Turgidson

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. I am a Donut

I've always been lukewarm on crossovers, but I'd drive that in a heartbeat. I love Porsche and used to want a 911 with the Targa roof, but I feel like it might start to feel cramped after a months on the road.

17. Salvy

Salvy Member

Actually, they didn't get me..... I was driving an FR-S and went in to try and snag me a new EVO before they disappear.. Somehow they ended up overpaying for my trade in and I think I got a fair deal on the EVO..... After going back maintenance they weren't too happy with me, I think they lost on my trade in and jus didn't treat me very kindly. And this is where the problems started...

I never did research on them until now but they are a shady dealership and out to get you every chance they get, I was in a more specific market and knew exactly what had to happen in order for me to buy.

My car's maintenance is where I started to see their true colors, unable to provide invoices to my oil changes due to "computer issues" and stating they had done 34 point inspections which a year later I found out were not made. Once I asked for the service records of the vehicle I realized the aholes were not using synthetic oil and not doing the required inspections on my car. One of my tires was wearing out unevenly due to a slight alignment issue that might have been a factory issue.

They refuse to align my car, provide the inspection check off sheet that could have shown a very bad tire. No customer satisfaction and a bunch of bs from the assistant service manager. Now I'm pretty much out a good $1,000 for new tires + alignment... According to HUB the 34 pt inspection is just "visual" and there are no inspection reports. Extremely rude and shady..... Awful...

18. Salvy

Salvy Member

My car by the way....

[​IMG]

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

That sucks, at least you got a good deal from them though, sweet car.

20. Salvy

Salvy Member

I actually do feel like I got a good deal.... So frustrated with them thou, thinking about a BMW 228I...... Don't you have a Camaro?