1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Batman V Superman 3/10 meh

Deadpool 4/10 couple of funny moments but too cheesy and predictable Like the end dscene where Colossus is monologuing who didn't see that result coming a mile away:rolleyes:

2. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

Predestination 2015 - 8/10

total brain phuque. 'which came first, the chicken or the egg?'

the rooster.

3. i3artow i3aller

Terminator 2: Judgement Day ~ 7/8

[​IMG]

4. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

We Are Twisted *****ing Sister! on Netflix

[​IMG]

It tells a good story about a band that never gave up. Poorly edited and I didn't really like the band members after watching. It is an incredible tale of how much it takes to succeed. Contains a ton of old footage showing the evolution of the image we know Twisted Sister as today. Worth tossing on while cleaning the house.

6/10

5. PhiSlammaJamma

American Hero: 1/10

God Awful. This movie was better when it was Hancock. And that sucked too. I think my pillow could have filmed a better movie. It was impossible to suspend my belief in the acting, suspend my belief that a white man was living this black life with black friends, but partying like white trash with white people at the same time, and then he has superpowers, but nobody seems to care or talk about them. His whole family was miscast. Then they break the third person rule in the movie too, but so randomly you don't know why they did it. It was so dumb. Every once in a while you caught a glimpse of vision for like 2 seconds, but for the most part, this movie had no direction and it was impossible to like the character or suspend belief in anything.

Project Almanac: 3/10

This was a little more intriguing than the American Hero. At least interested to see how it was going to play out. Movie got away from the science and moved into a story about mis-formed romance, which did add some tension to the finish of the movie, and took it to slightly satisfying ending in that the dude corrects the time travel problems, but it was so far from the science at that who really cared anymore. I mean we travel back in time so we can go to a big booze and music party, huh? The time travel themes and plots are no different than any other time travel movie, and the found footage aspect an old retread too. The sidekicks were not as interesting as they could have been. too bad, as I liked the lead and he was interesting enough to carry the flick.

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

Stardust - 7/10

Surprisingly entertaining. The part of the story with the pirates (Robert Deniro) was great.

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Boyhood- 9/10

Very unique and well done

8. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Civil War: 8/10

Complete slugfest, not much story, significance or set up in this film, just a ton superheroes beating the **** out of each other.

1) Winter Soldier
    2) GOG
    3) Avengers
    4) Civil War

9. PhiSlammaJamma

The 5th Wave: 5/10

You could see every plot turn long before it happened. But it wasn't nearly as bad as the critics wailed it. It had some life. Big problem is nothing about it was big budget Hollywood as you would expect out of an apocalyptic adventure. I don't get why the aliens, given their incredible combat skills, and world manipulation skills, would use humans to do their dirty work. That didn't make sense to me. The movie seems to small for itself, balled up into one small town of interconnected people, when an alien invasion has to be much bigger than that. The ending is where it picked up ironically and then it's over.

Alex Roe Brown has star potential, the lead girl was believable, but the kid who was in Jurrasic Park and now this movie always seems to feel like a dick, when he should be a good guy. So that is odd. but no less, movie was watchable.

10. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Those little old people at the end of Mulholland drive gave me nightmares for days. Also not as haunting but the trash man/woman at the back of the diner scared the bejeezus out of me. THe person who played that role is actually a woman!

David Lynch is responsible for some of the most nightmarish scenes I've witnessed in my entire life and have long lasting effects.

11. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

The Sandlot- 9/10

Scrolling through netflix and saw they just added this. Such a great movie from the one liners, casting of the crew of kids to the directing/filming of capturing all the facial expressions. Thought it would be nostalgic and it was, but its just a great movie.

12. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

Son of Saul - 7/10 - A really interestingly made movie about the Holocaust. It could have been a 9/10 if it had just gone an a slightly different direction in the final act. Check this out if you're interested in the Holocaust or want to see a movie made in a unique way (it's solely from the point of view of Saul, a member of the sonderkommandos at Auschwitz). It really highlights the organized chaos and confusion in a way that I hadn't seen before.

13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Was dragged to Jungle Book and enjoyed it a LOT. Seems a little too scary for little kids, if you ask me, but for adults, the computer animation married to live action little boy is just incredible. Great vocal work by Bill Murray, Idris Elba, Kingsley, and Walken of all people. Johansen was great as well, though in a minor part.

Little boy wasn't a great actor, but whatever. Probably had to just jump around for days in front of a green screen.

Oh, 8/10. Could have been 10/10 without randomly bad songs and the little boy's bad acting.

14. Scolandry

Scolandry Member

Civil War 8.5/10

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The Revenant: 8/10

Very good movie. Also very very grim.

This one won't cheer you up and brighten your day.

16. Bob Barker 007

Money Monster 1/10 complete trash. Do not see
    Captain America: Civil War 8.3/10
    The Jungle Book 8.0/10
    Keanu 6.5/10 Good, but a little disappointing. Was hoping for more outrageous Key and Peele than we got.
    Zootopia 9.0/10
    Race (Jesse Owens movie) 7.2/10

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Captain America: Winter Soldier: 6/10

If you like the genre, go for it.

18. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Money Monster is in my bottom 5 worst movies of all time. 0.5/10

19. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Was debating seeing it this weekend, but def not after seeing these. How did it manage to get 55% on rottentomatoes?

20. PhiSlammaJamma

Risen: 5/10

Seems like the History channel could have handled this content just as well. I thought the story worthwhile, however, it felt like the holes history left us about the resurrection, were also left by the movie. That makes it factual. But it also leaves one without a sense of wonder about what could have happened. Things left unseen or unsaid can work, but not here. Needed more fillers. They don't waste any time at all jumping into the plot as they start with the crucified, which they handled well, and move right throught it to the investigation, which did not seem to pull me along.

Think I was left feeling the smallness of the event, which is probably very accurate, as it's significance would not entirely have been known until long after. So thought that interesting.

Thought the casting of the two Romans was spot on, I felt like the disciples cast was lacking and that hurt the film too. As well as the tombs guards, poor casting. Too much low talking and I had to listen carefully.

All said it is worth a look given the content has a new perspective.