1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shaq calls out Harden on Leadership

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, May 2, 2016.

?

Harden a great leader?

1. Yes

28 vote(s)
    17.7%
  2. No

130 vote(s)
    82.3%
  1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Shaq isn't saying anything new, this is common sense. If you're not a stupid homer, you would already know this.

2. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

The fact that 16% say yes just shows that some people have no concept of objectivity...

The harden homerism is really getting annoying... I'd put it on par with the LOFs at this point...

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

HOFs are rising fast..... their player is pretty good but also flawed

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Then Shaq must have had more talent in a little finger than Harden overall.

Shaq was dominating night in and night out.

Except when he was old and against someone like Big Yaozer.

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol, Shaq played defense. What a bunch of newbs, he's a center with 4 rings.

Harden would be chicken to double Shaq or take a charge from him or even try to grab a board vs him.

Shaq is a bad analyst, but a great nba player.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/z3dfZ_DGgKg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There is no need to celebrate Shaq getting a few blocks when the ball flying towards his direction when we have the greatest defensive center in the history of the game

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TyupC4O3sOk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

No true Rockets fan would ever post defensively highlights of Shaq on Clutchfans.

7. tinman

Supporting Member

lol troll yorker, can't stay off my threads like he was buttons on a shirt

you try so hard, and it doesn't even work

8. tinman

Supporting Member

Troll Yorker thinks Harden was the greatest leader in Rockets history last year

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Funny thing is, I'm not even trying to make you meltdown - you are doing that to yourself.

Nope. I never said that. But keep trying so hard.

Maybe you should keep posting videos of Shaq in the house that Hakeem built.

10. for-three

for-three Member

This is what I think is going on as well, I would take most of what is said by the TNT "Inside the NBA" crew about the Rockets with a grain of salt. Barkley has a clear bias when it comes to how he covers the team and Shaq has an agenda. As soon as Dwight signed to the same agent as Shaq, he started to bash Harden on a weekly basis. Looks to me like he's doing his part to help Dwight get a bigger deal this off-season, by directing all the blame Harden's way for the poor season.

11. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Meaningless now that Dwight signed with Shaq's agent. He has flipped his whole narrative about Dwight due to business concerns, so he is not an objective source. Not to say Harden can't improve, but anything coming from Shaq can't be taken seriously.

12. for-three

for-three Member

I also noticed right around the time Dwight signed with Shaq's agent, Harden became a focal point of just about every Shaqtin' A Fool segment. That along with Shaq putting all of Harden's flaws under the microscope, while all of a sudden ceasing to criticize Howard anymore.

13. MONON

MONON Member

Good points Patience & for-three. I voted "no" in the pole simply because I don't think the Rockets had any real leaders & that includes the FO. :mad:

That being said, I think Harden can become a good leader next season. Dwight won't be back, so the offensive friction between H & H won't be there. We do need another semi creator though & a lot depends on our head coach.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Robert Reid: Harden looks after Harden

[rQUOTEr]KINGWOOD, Texas – James Harden and the Houston Rockets have their fair share of critics after a disappointing season which ended with a first round playoff loss.

You can add former star Robert Reid to the list.

“Harden is a tremendous player, but he’s not bringing it for the team,” Reid told KHOU 11 Sports on Monday. “I’m sorry, I’m just going to say it. Harden looks after Harden.”

Reid was asked about the direction the team should go and who they can put around Harden.

“The new coach that they bring in here is the one that’s going to have to say ‘I’m the one who gets fired if we don’t win, not you’,” Reid said. “Do you feel lucky? Because your happy-jack behind will be at the end of the bench until you come to this game that we want to play.”

Reid’s criticism of Harden relates to what he thought was a total disregard for an offensive game plan throughout the season.

“Monday through Wednesday, the team goes through their offensive plays. First option, second option…when we had the Twin Towers, here’s what we’re going to do,” Reid said. “But come game night (they) have one guy holding the ball and the others are like ‘Where are we going to have dinner at tonight?’”

The Rockets had problems all season finding consistency in almost every phase of the game. The players had multiple “team meetings” throughout the year to try to “get on the same page” but were never able to replicate the success they had in 2014-2015.

Interim coach J.B. Bickerstaff bore the brunt of having to turn the Rockets around after Kevin McHale was fired 11 games into the season. General manager Daryl Morey said last week that Bickerstaff will be considered for the head coaching vacancy.

Reid, for one, thinks the longtime assistant coach did the best he could with the cards he was dealt.

“I think the Rockets are going to find the right coach. Bickerstaff did a tremendous job, but he got caught in the middle,” Reid said. “If they let him talk and say who he’s looking for, then I think he’d do a good job. Then again, you could look at another coach that will just revamp.”[/rQUOTEr]

15. tinman

Supporting Member

First Ralph now Robert Reid?!

Damn who's next to give their take, Lewis Lloyd and Mitch Wiggins?

16. basketballholic

Robert Reid dropping truth bombs right there. Echoes my sentiment perfectly. Tremendous player. Not playing a team game. The results speak for themselves. We are light-years behind the Spurs, Dubs, and others. And we're fixing to let our second best player walk to pacify this joker. Now we've got to cross our fingers and hope that we can sign a better player to be the first or second best player on the roster PLUS we've got to sign or trade for another guy that's as good as or close to being as good as the guy were cutting loose. All to cater to one no-defense-playing, ball-stopping, turnover-rich, one-man band James "gimmedaball" Harden.

This sux.

17. tinman

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

18. tinman

Supporting Member

Shaq just mentioned Vernon Maxwell!

TNT >

19. illwil29

illwil29 Member