1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The main reason why we should keep Beasley

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by iNoseBleedRed, Apr 29, 2016.

1. hakeemthagreat

DMo's more of a defensive liability as Beasly is

2. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Not true. At all.

3. battousai

battousai Member

The issue is, who do we have that is better than beasley at the 4?

DMo? who we tried to get rid off and still have back issue?
    Jones? no way

Beasley can be our off the bench scorer leading the second team, but only if we have a decent 4. Which we dont so i say we keep him for now.

4. hakeemthagreat

Very true. I get DMo's likable. But that doesn't make his defense better

5. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Wasn't he among the top best in opp field % at the rim last season? Sure, he's not particular quick and isn't meant to guard smaller guys like Clay Thompson, but his defense isn't atrocious.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The better question is, who do we have that ISN'T better than Beasley at the 4? Much easier answer there. You've got Jones still around so he's the answer. Literally everyone else at the 4 is better than Beasley.

While some may like Beasley's volume shooting, his defense is just an abomination. I don't mind keeping him around on a minimum deal if it helps land Durant, but I don't want him playing more than a handful of minutes a game unless there is significant garbage time.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Of course that's not what makes his defense better, what makes his defense better is that he plays considerably better defense. Likability has nothing to do with it. Beasley is one of the worst defenders on the team probably only better than Jones.

8. hakeemthagreat

No sir. DMo has never been a good post defender. He gets bullied by bigger, stronger & more athletic bigmen. The few times he does stop his man from scoring he doesn't grab the rebound smh. Beasley's problems have to do more with his rotations, which is fixable given he wasn't with the team long. DMo's been with us a few years and continuously gets mandhandled. But you like DMo so ofcourse don't see what everybody else sees:rolleyes:

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, well I accept that you think that. Unfortunately your analysis is seriously divorced from reality. Thanks for doing the best you can.

10. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Is Beasley the X-Factor?

11. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

is Brewer a superstar?

12. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Wow, this thread should have ended after the salary discussion. Beasley is playing for nothing and producing more /thread Lolol, once the cap goes up he's playing for practically nothing in comparison to these other ****ty contracts the Rockets have.

Ooooooooo nm, I just saw this is now a DMo thread :)

13. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Does anyone else actually agree with you? I don't think I've seen anyone on the board, even Beasley lovers, claim that we like him because his defense is better.

I noticed that smart people, when they believe they are right, tend to ask themselves if other people that disagree with them have access to information they themselves do not. Only the daft are so certain they are right.

14. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

Also find the right tough assistant coaches. Mario Elie would be welcomed!;)

15. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

I believe that Beasley is still young enough that he can and will learn to defend better with proper and coaching instructions.
    Just needs the right coaching and fellow players that will help him. Don't know who else besides Pat Beverley and Ariza to help him.