1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kemba Walker needs to learn to shoot

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ShiniKashi, May 1, 2016.

1. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

Seriously, how can a starting PG shoot so poorly?

He's .403 on his career, and takes an average of 15 shots per game.

That's abysmal. Even T-Mac, who people labeled a volume shooter averaged .435 over his career on 16 shots.

If you're bad at shooting, don't chuck so much.

2. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

Stats sourced from: espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/6479/kemba-walker

3. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Lin shot 25% against the Thunder and 41% against the Blazers in playoffs. 40% against the Heat.

4. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

I have nothing to say about Lin; he played like ass. This has nothing to do with whether Lin is a good replacement and everything about how Kemba can't shoot.

(Hell, Lin might not even be with the Hornets next yr)

I've just noticed that Kemba really shoots poorly...that game was a trainwreck to watch.

5. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

He was clutch when it counted in the closeout game at home. It's just too bad no one stepped up, especially Lin who missed layups and had momentum killing plays. Add that to his single handily making the Rockets lose the playoffs, I'm not sure why anyone would say he's clutch.

6. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

Game 7 doesn't count for a closeout game? :confused:

7. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

On the road with a lot of young players not going to happen. Best chance was at home. Lin was so bad that mark jackson and gundy was saying how bad his defense was and he got yanked and wasnt brought back in the game at all till garbage time late.

Hornets are built with Kemba being the focal point and he gave the ball to Lin way more than Harden so I wouldn't say he's a selfish player.

8. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

Nobody said he was a selfish player. He just can't shoot. I don't know how professional basketball players get by without knowing how to shoot the ball at least a respectable percentage.

And again with the Lin mentions. Nobody is talking about Lin here LOL

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Kemba can shoot. It's just that he is small, and for that team he is often the guy to take those tough contested shots when the offense doesn't generate anything better within 24 seconds. He has shot better this season than he did last, because he has better shooters and offensive players around him and he has more space to create and the team doesn't need to require Kemba to chuck last second contested shots quite as often. In the playoffs though, the Miami team is better defensively than most regular season opponents. So, Kemba had some good games but can't quite get it done in others (he, and other players, may also have been banged up some... 82 games is hard on the body).

Kemba is fine as a player and a shooter, he just isn't Curry or even Harden. Ideally, Kemba is your secondary offensive option rather than the #1 guy.

10. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

do not ever compare kemba walker to a 7-time all-nba selection.

11. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Jason Kidd If I remembered correctly wasn't that good of a shooter till later in his career? Could be wrong but they do a lot of other things great. I'm sure his shots would go down when they bring in another star player.

12. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

He had a bad game. The reality is that Walker has become a better and better shooter the last few years. Ask anyone who plays fantasy basketball.

13. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

He has an absolutely filthy stepback... too bad he cannot convert the shot afterwards.