1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden's Last Season vs Hakeem's MVP Season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Apr 30, 2016.

?

Better season?

1. Hakeem - NBA MVP,DPOY, Finals MVP (Clutchfans named after the season)

126 vote(s)
    74.1%
  2. Harden - players voted mvp

44 vote(s)
    25.9%
  1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It's so hilarious how Harden had competent role players when the team had some sort of success last season. One summer, and all the role players magically turn to **** yet the one player who's former head coach explicitly stated that he returned to the season out of shape is blameless.

2. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

You guys have no idea what leadership is. Leadership means **** without talent. Any businessman or coach in any field can tell you that. A great leader leads the proper talent but you need that talent first. You need a good leader to find and retain that talent and help build chemistry. Otherwise you might as well send Harden out there with a bunch high schoolers. The real comparison is the Championship Rockets as a whole versus this team and don't give me that bull**** about leadership. I've played plenty of team ball and when I miss shots, I don't ****ing blame leadership, lol. The Rockets lack of leadership comes from an inept coaching staff and a GM who tweets his frustrations not from the only guy who.. literally the only guy doing something above average on this god forsaken team on a regular basis.

Hakeem was in another league and much better than Harden but the fact that Harden can even be compared statically to Hakeem in a season where fans like you are ****ting on him means that maybe you need to take some perspective and stop acting like a spoiled Lakers fan be happy that atleast there is one good thing about the Rockets.

3. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

#1 I said that about the competent players or was I upset about the role players and the coaching staff last year? Harden carried this team last year as well make no mistake about that and everyone knew it you are the one trying to rewrite history. Its the reason why a lot of people considered him MVP. You know you are wrong when you start telling the person that you are arguing with what they thought a year ago and your very wrong about that.

#2 I hate to break this to you but there is this little thing called life and in life you get older, you get injured, and you regress. It happens differently for each player because they are human. Your post is how I know you dont actually play sports or are athletic in any sort of way. The Rockets were far too dependent on Harden to Jordan it out every night to win. So when Harden got injured, twice in the summer and didn't make a big deal about it but was not able to carry the team like the year before idiots blamed him. When instead you should be looking at the coaching staff , players, dependent fans and GM who can't seem to do anything without super saiyan Harden.

4. fchowd0311

t
    Harden is nothing but empty stats. Sorry for being so blunt but the only reason his volume stats are so ridiculously high is because this team's offensive system is geared towards "Whatever can we do to get Harden his numbers". A lot of above average talented guards in this league could post these numbers if they were allowed the freedom to break the NBA turnover record for a season. His numbers don't mean ****. You know how I know? Well Harden made history as we all know because every James Harden fanboy loves to bring it up. "He averaged 29ppg 7.5 apg and 6 rpg. Only 3 other players in league history have done this!!" OMG WOW! Yet, there is a very strong likelihood he wont even be voted in ANY OF THE ALL-NBA teams. That just shows how empty those stats are. No one cares. He gets those stats at the expense of one of the worst systems in the league. It's Steve Francis on steroids before JVG and Rudy T was still at the helm.

#384 fchowd0311, May 1, 2016
    Last edited: May 1, 2016
  5. fchowd0311

If you are a professional athlete especially an NBA athlete, a freaking ankle sprain isn't going to make you gain freaking weight at least any noticeable weight. Almost every damn NBA player this season suffered from some form of ankle sprain. Do you know how often players role their ankles? Do you know how often players gain noticeable weight to the point where there former head coach publicly states that he returned from camp out of shape and was still out of shape by the time the season started? It's a freaking ankle injury. If your a professional athlete, maybe eat chicken breast more ****ing often.

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This entire article is mario elie talking about dream's leadership

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/5321/mario-elie-on-hakeem-olajuwon

7. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

When you make it to the playoffs every year after a player comes to your team his stats and record breaking numbers aren't just empty. You are acting like it's easy to make the playoffs in the West. This past few years have been the most difficult. You say empty stats and you talk a lot of **** but you have nothing sensible or logical to back it up with.

8. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

9. fchowd0311

It was actually pretty easy to make the playoffs this year in the West. Pretty much all teams from 6 seed and below were asking the Rockets to move ahead of them. They all sucked. The Jazz wrapped the Rockets a gift of a playoff birth. Prior seasons, 41-41 didn't get you in the Western Conference playoffs.

10. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

So then you agree about the previous 3 years, lol. That was easy.

11. fchowd0311

I'm talking about this season. Did I ever say that Harden didn't have a great 2014-2015 season?

My major gripe with James Harden is that from age 25 to 26 he has regressed. That is a very odd age to regress. Players from 25 to 26 majority of the time improve. What it shows me is that his success has gotten to him. Maybe just maybe this season humbles him but from his comments he made after the elimination game, I seriously doubt it.

12. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

The Rockets real issue with leadership is not with Harden. Once Harden has talent around or with him he'll be fine and play at a high level he's proven that with the Thunder. The issue with Leadership comes from Daryll Morey and his inability to serve as a talent magnet not repellent. If you can't develop, retain, or acquire talent then you are not a leader.

13. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Yes you've been all over the place and now that you have been painted in a corner, the corner is the only thing you want to talk about, lol.

14. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

The true frustration with Morey comes with the fact that he always seems to get halfway there with talent but for all his big hits he has a bunch of little missteps that have hurt the Rockets overall talent.

15. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

News Flash - The thread is comparing Harden last season.

Regarding this year, only the biggest Harden homer would dismiss his piss-poor effort by saying "he had no help at all."

16. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Fchow Texx doing his routine again.

What a clown.

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Why can't it be both? Harden obviously had an effort problem defensively this season, and the supporting cast obviously was much worse than last season.

18. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

You can't teach Heart.

19. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

It can, somewhat. I just wonder how much his effort affected his teammates.

McHale, Terry, and JB all had similar comments this season regarding James.

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What was dwight howard not talented?

EXCUSES IN CAPITAL LETTERS.

HAKEEM > HARDEN IN LEADERSHIP

NO ARTICLES WRITTEN BY ROCKETS TEAMMATES SAYING HARDEN WAS A GREAT LEADER

MY CAPITAL LETTERS ARE BIGGER THAN YOURS