1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Fuller - Texans 1st round pick, 21st overall

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Apr 28, 2016.

?

Do you agree with this pick?

1. YES

77.4%
  2. NO

22.6%
  1. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

true good point....we'll see if it makes a dramatic difference in the NFL or not...if he can become more polished..they said the similar things about Andre Johnson like "soft hands" and debating if he used his body too much to catch balls or not when he came out of college and we saw how that turned out. The tiny hands have never been serious before...it's even more serious watching corner backs and safeties keep up with our wide receivers now the entire game. I'd be more concerned about that problem being the opposing team

2. Apps

Apps Member

I'm a believer in the "wait and see" approach. There's no use being upset about a pick, might as well be excited until there's actually a reason to be disappointed. Can't wait to see what this guy can (or can't) do.

3. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

4. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

5. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Fuller can't use his hands. Coleman has concentration drops.

One is much more a systemic chronic problem, the other can be fixed.

This should be obvious to anybody who watched tape vs reading numbers from someone else's draft guide.

Nice double negative, LZ.

6. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

So Fuller used his feet to get all those yards and TD'S?

7. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

He used his chest and his forearms to trap the ball.

He'll literally jump three feat into the air to underhand trap the ball to avoid having to make the triangle and use his hands. Its embarasing.

#247 Ottomaton, Apr 29, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
  8. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

amd then got 26 TD's gotcha....he has a big upside with room to improve which I like

9. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

by the way he caught plenty over the head passes very well along with sideline catches with no problem with DB's draped over him or left in the dust

10. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

11. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

Darius Hayward-Bay and Cordarrelle Patterson both still have lots of room to improve, too.

12. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

People complain about the dumbest **** ... Hopefully they just wont think of him as just a "deep threat"... Hes a game breaker... Dotson or Treadwell probably wont take a 8 yard pass and take it to this house in the NFL... Probably wont see too many high percentage screens to Dotson or Treadwwll either.. Probably wont be too many reverses ... Not too many double posts... Fuller opens up a whole new dimension that we needed... I cant wait to see him in this offense...

13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

To be fair, Andre Johnson had the same knocks against him too... not sure why anybody would be too bombastic either way about any pick, given the fact that its highly plausible that they will be shamed when they are disproven.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, he didn't. They weren't saying that he was a guy that lacked explosiveness, size, and strength and had tiny hands and was a body catcher. They weren't saying those things about Andre Johnson at all.

15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Plenty of negative things were said about him... and Deandre.

Plenty of positive things were said about Patterson and Heyward-Bey.

Lets just stop pretending that anybody (you especially) knows what they're really talking about in here when it comes to analyzing college players.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I just know what I'm talking about compared to some....

17. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

How many hours of player tape have you watched? How much of the combine? I have litterally dedicated days of my life watching and evaluating football players since January. I watched every minute of the televised combine. There hasnt been a day since January 15th that I havent watched at least one game tape. Admittedly that is probably a pathetic waste of time, but I maintain I've been studying these players enough to have an opinion.

I may be wrong but I think I legitimately earned it.

18. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I'm not going out on a limb with any pick... Good or bad.

It's also pointless to get invested/emotional in situational performances, which is exactly what you invested all your time in doing (for some strange reason), without considering how he will fit to the team/scheme he was drafted (along with character evaluation, intellect, competitiveness... None of which was evaluated with all the metrics you deciphered).

So yeah, you could be the love child of Todd mcshay, Mike mayock and Mel kiper.... And I'll still say you have no idea what's going to happen once this guy (or any guy) steps on the field on Sunday.

Have you been doing this for awhile? What's your personal track record?

1 person likes this.
  19. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Are there any examples of a player's hands improving at the pro level?
    ____

Anyone know how many drops TO had with the Cowboys?

20. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

just Fyi:

PFF Draft ‎@PFF_College
    Nick Martin allowed zero sacks and only five hurries in 2015, his 99.1 pass blocking efficiency was 2nd-best among C in the NFL draft

5:43 PM - 29 Apr 2016