1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We're Going To Win This Series

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by don grahamleone, Apr 25, 2016.

1. photojoe

photojoe Member

All season long, there have been small glimpses here or there that this could have been a good team. A good quarter or maybe even a decent half. But that would be almost immediately followed but terrible, half-hearted, disinterested play.

This last game, game 4, was kind of like a microcosm of our entire season. Looked pretty good for 1 and 3/4 quarter, let them back in right before halftime, and then completely fall apart and play no defense in the second half.

Could the Rockets come back and win this series? Yes sure, it is a possibility. Would I bet on it? Absolutely not. They have been too disinterested and unfocused and disjointed. I haven't seen anything from this team that has convinced that they could put together 12 consecutive good quarters of basketball.

2. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

I think there is a chance that we can still win. But it is slim.

GSW hasnt really had a back to back loss - they usually response well to losses. So if we manage to win today we have a chance. But if there is ever an opening for any team to beat GSW - it is with Curry off the court. We need to see more Dmo/Smith/Beasley to disrupt Green and make the lob's to D12.

We also need more passing up 3's for Better 3's by wiping the ball around some more. Alot of times the ball just gets passed to the first open 3 but it usually isnt a good shot. we need to move it around to the shot we want. GSW D's is good that they make us take those 3's. We also need to decisive with what we want to do earlier in the shot clock. When harden thinks to much the D get's set and load ups.

I hope we pull off an upset - that would be the upsets of all upsets. Better than Tmacs 12 in 33.

3. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Yeeeeeeah!!!! #WeBelieve #RedNationStandUp

4. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Any thought that the warriors would tank to give Curry rest is surely out the window now. GS sans curry can beat a clipper team without blake and CP3. Course. Portland probably wins that series now.

What sucks is I think the skill and athleticism to beat golden state without curry is in that locker room. Its just the heart and drive. If they do not have that then it will be like a corvette without gas.

5. Karolik

Karolik Member

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

7. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Hey Don, You there? I think you missed the memo that went around stating that the rockets did not want to win.

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. Rox11

Rox11 Member

10. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

11. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

This why I ****ing hate these kind of threads. You're thread is baseless and dumb. How is a team that's been so ****y the entire year is going to all of sudden beat a team that just won 73 games in a season even without their star player.

12. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

Uncle don knows diddly squat apparently.

13. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

don -- I honestly would have said it too. I wish I could have felt your confidence, but I just soaked too much of this team in and was so sick of watching them talk about fixing their problems, etc. They simply were not a good basketball team. When they absolutely, positively had to win, they lost at home to the Phoenix Suns. They let a team like Portland and garbage like Dallas pass them.

The Suns loss should have been the end.