1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bring in Becky Hammon

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by omgTHEpotential, Nov 21, 2015.

Tags:
  1. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

This thread is pretty awkward. She has 15+ years of professional basketball playing experience and 2 years as a key assistant under Pop. She is qualified for a head coaching job. My issue is that I wouldn't want a rookie coach taking the reigns for a team trying to win.

But I would bet every dollar I got that she is a far far far superior coach than JB.

2. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Hahaha I forgot about that movie!

3. likestohypeguy

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Sure, but play her at the 4. She can rebound better than any of the 4's we've had in the past 10 years.

5. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Yeah I'll just say it. I have no interest in watching a woman coach the Rockets.

6. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

it would be distracting, i'm sure there's gonna be a player in the locker room that's gonna one to hit that instead of worrying about playing.

7. omgTHEpotential

So you're only interested in watching the coaches on the sidelines, and not the actual players? And preferably, you'd like those coaches to be male, huh. You're a mysterious dude.

8. R0ckets03

Okay...how about I have no interest in having a woman coach the Rockets.

You feel better grammar and PC police?

9. malakas

malakas Member

Really? Why? Try and tell me that this isnt sexist:

Better grammar same a$$hole.

10. anthony59237

anthony59237 Member

I mean, how much worse can she possibly do than JBB? And at least she looks good. Can't say the same about JB. I'd give her a chance tbh if we can't get jvg back. Just because she's a female, people will not like the idea, but there's plenty of crappy coaches that get jobs soon after they finish playing like fisher. So give her a chance, why the f not? Not like we have anything to lose at this point...

11. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Jesus all you P-C people on this board. Get a grip onto reality and realize that questioning gender isn't always sexist. Just like when you state somebody has a specific race doesn't always make it racist. In today's world you can't say half a damn sentence without somebody pulling the PC card on you. All you're doing by complaining is setting new standards for weak mentalities whilst spreading hate in the same gasp of air. Not one female has ever been the head coach of an organization and when you have players that tend to look at females differently and let their paychecks fly onto a stage full of strippers, it's not wrong to form an opinion about a female coaching the team. When you have players disrespecting all-time greats (Kevin McHale) you have to wonder if they'd look down to a female head coach. It's not sexist, it's reality

12. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Considering her history of playing for Russia in the Olympics, would that hurt our chances of having any of our players play for Team USA, which has been a positive experience in terms of keeping Harden in shape?

13. malakas

malakas Member

Theres nothing pc about my response. Nothing.
    Its the definition of sexism to deny a person an opportunity solely based on their gender.
    All I do is complaiining?
    Damn sure I do. And I will continue to do so and calling people by what they are when they post such things. Sexist assholes even if it gets me banned.
    Enough is enough.

14. R0ckets03

[​IMG]

15. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

de·ny
    dəˈnī/
    verb
    state that one refuses to admit the truth or existence of.

o·pin·ion
    əˈpinyən/Submit
    noun
    a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

We're forming these things called opinions, we're not denying anything. Are we the GM of the Rockets? Last time I looked in the mirror I'm not Morey. I would not mind Hammon as coach, I'm just defending this man's right to having an opinion. And frankly, nobody really gives a **** if you're offended. Get some meat on your bones.

16. malakas

malakas Member

Ok. So its anyones right to deny the holocaust to say that blacks are an inferior race and to be a nazi. Same exact level.
    And I have the right to call them out on it. His opinion shows what a sexist ******* b**** he is. And thats my opinion.

17. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

Fat shamer :cool:

18. Vivi

Vivi Member

But maybe you're happy to watch a p***y like Lucky Luke Walton coach the Rockets...am i right?

19. R0ckets03

I don't know what makes Luke Walton a p***y, but sure I'll take him over some chick.

20. R0ckets03